Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 07:48 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,503,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trombley View Post
I can't exactly say...find a more economical place to uhhhh..you know!
Dirty socks are the perfect receptacle. One when going to bed, one when waking up in the morning. (Thanks to Alex Portnoy for that ageless tip.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2008, 10:06 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,711,184 times
Yes, it starts while they're in diapers.

Old 11-30-2008, 10:51 AM

3,574 posts, read 14,357,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Bewitched View Post
...playing with your...monkey???

I have to ask because my son is 13. Way more innocent than I was when I was 13

Anyhow, my sister-in-law teases me all the time that my son HAS to have been "mastering" by now....and I deny it. I can't see him doing that!!

Part of me thinks he doesn't even know about it.......then I feel that I am being blinded about him and his innocence.

I know that he is more of a loner, doesn't hang out with friends..so hasn't been involved in any kind of kissing situation.

Anyway....what was the age when you started? Thanks!
I am not sure why you are interested. I have 2 sons and I must confess that was the LAST thing I was concerned about when they were 13....

Old 11-30-2008, 11:09 AM

134 posts, read 591,165 times
I dont understand why your worry about that all boys go though that my husband said he was 13 when he started your son is growing up now .

Old 11-30-2008, 11:11 AM

1,942 posts, read 8,498,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm_mary73 View Post
I am not sure why you are interested. I have 2 sons and I must confess that was the LAST thing I was concerned about when they were 13....
You know, if someone took this the wrong way it could be.....disgusting.

It's not that I'm interested. I just wanted to know the normal age, so that perhaps I could better train myself to knocking first before just walking into his room.......to train his brother to start giving him more privacy.....perhaps to be careful when I'm washing his clothes.......and there's your reason.

Old 11-30-2008, 11:28 AM

2,403 posts, read 5,249,199 times
My sister's a preschool "teacher". She says those kiddies are always finding ways to "amuse" themselves. We're sexual creatures. So what.

Old 11-30-2008, 01:07 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,503,460 times
Odds are you'll walk in on him at some point regardless; it's not the end of the world. Just excuse yourself and close the door.

Old 11-30-2008, 02:05 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,472,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Bewitched View Post
...playing with your...monkey???

I have to ask because my son is 13. Way more innocent than I was when I was 13

Anyhow, my sister-in-law teases me all the time that my son HAS to have been "mastering" by now....and I deny it. I can't see him doing that!!

Part of me thinks he doesn't even know about it.......then I feel that I am being blinded about him and his innocence.

I know that he is more of a loner, doesn't hang out with friends..so hasn't been involved in any kind of kissing situation.

Anyway....what was the age when you started? Thanks!
They start playing with it when they are babies! All boys do. By 13, they are thinking of sex constantly and masturbating all the time.

He is still innocent and lovely. He's only doing what is natural.

I think they start to actually ejaculate around 12, 13.....

Dirty socks, Kleenexes, toilet paper, laundry, wash rags are on the receiving end.

Woofers

Old 11-30-2008, 02:15 PM

3,032 posts, read 8,931,374 times
My son was around 11 when he started being able to complete his mission, though truthfully boys always handle it from the moment they can. It's hanging out there, it feels good, so they do it.

It's not like it's unusual, abnormal, or dirty. If you catch your son doing it, don't overreact, just close the door and don't mention it because it's not really anyone's business but his.

Old 11-30-2008, 02:23 PM

3,080 posts, read 8,041,553 times
It's natural, believe me. Unfortunately some parents refuse to allow nature to take its course and start trying to fill their sons' heads full of crap. The damage parents can do with that "don't you know only ____ do that?" and a multitude of Holyroller propaganda. I say this because I experienced this treatment firsthand at this age and had my parents not been so hung up on that, I would have had a healthier perspective. I try and am pretty successful on being understanding about sex. Just how the chips fell as a result of all that condemnation. Oh yeah, I had the doors locked but they tried to pick them open and didn't value or respect my privacy. God I must quit. But yeah, your son probably does enjoy himself and its just a healthy thing if you ask me. He's way too embarrassed to talk about it (I was). But if you present it in a positive light, well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting