Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 02:24 PM

12,973 posts, read 3,228,147 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post
My son was around 11 when he started being able to complete his mission
I'm sorry...How would you know this????? Regardless of it being natural, normal, healthy...blah blah blah.......I don't want to know about it! Some things are better left unsaid. No offense!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2008, 02:27 PM

12,973 posts, read 3,228,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Bewitched View Post
It's not that I'm interested. I just wanted to know the normal age, so that perhaps I could better train myself to knocking first before just walking into his room.......to train his brother to start giving him more privacy.....perhaps to be careful when I'm washing his clothes.......and there's your reason.
I didn't take your question in an off colored way! It's not that we "want" to know....it's an awareness that our boys are growing up. I understand totally!

Old 11-30-2008, 07:33 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,043,110 times
I think it is important that teen boys figure this out on their own.. I sure didn't, not until I lost my virginity and boy, that was quite a shock for 16 year old me! It was rather funny afterward, because all of a sudden the jokes and things you have heard in school and on TV suddenly made sense .

That being said, it is just a part of growing up. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Old 11-30-2008, 08:22 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,470,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdwell View Post
It's natural, believe me. Unfortunately some parents refuse to allow nature to take its course and start trying to fill their sons' heads full of crap.
Or parents who humiliate and shame their kids. Let's not even go there.

Old 11-30-2008, 09:21 PM

8,309 posts, read 38,820,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Bewitched View Post
...playing with your...monkey???

I have to ask because my son is 13. Way more innocent than I was when I was 13

Anyhow, my sister-in-law teases me all the time that my son HAS to have been "mastering" by now....and I deny it. I can't see him doing that!!

Part of me thinks he doesn't even know about it.......then I feel that I am being blinded about him and his innocence.

I know that he is more of a loner, doesn't hang out with friends..so hasn't been involved in any kind of kissing situation.

Anyway....what was the age when you started? Thanks!
I think that about 0.00001% of males have not figured that trick out by 13. I seriously doubt that your son has not developed expert flogging technique by this time.

Everyone is different, but I think 13 is too young to be doing anything beyond intensely fantasizing about a crush. Legally driving a car should be concurrent with more adultish relations with the opposite sex, as a general guideline.

Old 11-30-2008, 09:54 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,470,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboburnsy View Post
Everyone is different, but I think 13 is too young to be doing anything beyond intensely fantasizing about a crush.
That may be your thinking, but 13-year-olds are clever, and they find ways to bring their fantasies to life! Although they may not have intercourse for another 2-3 years, they are playing "spin-the-bottle" at parties, practicing how to unsnap bras, and in many cases going to third base! Some are even going as far as oral sex!

Old 12-01-2008, 07:28 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,501,068 times
I agree with Woof. You can hope they wait for more "adultish" relations, but you better make sure they know about protection just in case.

Old 12-01-2008, 07:57 AM

8,309 posts, read 38,820,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
That may be your thinking, but 13-year-olds are clever, and they find ways to bring their fantasies to life! Although they may not have intercourse for another 2-3 years, they are playing "spin-the-bottle" at parties, practicing how to unsnap bras, and in many cases going to third base! Some are even going as far as oral sex!
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
I agree with Woof. You can hope they wait for more "adultish" relations, but you better make sure they know about protection just in case.
I'm really not in disagreement with either of you. When I was in 7th grade there was quite a bit of marijuana usage, some hallucinogens, a lot of extraordinarily precocious sexual relationships, etc. etc. What I said about 13 year olds not being ready for those things wasn't intended to mean that it doesn't happen, just that I wouldn't worry about this:

"I know that he is more of a loner, doesn't hang out with friends..so hasn't been involved in any kind of kissing situation."

In other words, if he can drive a car and doesn't seem interested in pursuing girls he may need to get out of his comfort zone. It's time to spread the wings a bit at that age.

I can't think of many kids who were doing drugs and having sex in middle school that grew into successful, healthy people.

Anyway, what I was really trying to say to the OP was that all 13 year old boys are seasoned professionals at the knuckle shuffle.

Last edited by jimboburnsy; 12-01-2008 at 08:07 AM..

Old 12-01-2008, 09:58 AM

1,788 posts, read 4,760,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trombley View Post
I'm sorry...How would you know this????? Regardless of it being natural, normal, healthy...blah blah blah.......I don't want to know about it! Some things are better left unsaid. No offense!
Use your head, man. Maybe she does the laundry for her whole family? Be a pretty dense mom that didn't notice sheets, crusty socks, etc.

Old 12-01-2008, 11:37 AM

3,574 posts, read 14,355,414 times
"You know, if someone took this the wrong way it could be.....disgusting. " I didn't so I must be clueless - sorry to have offended your sensibilities, but again, as a parent myself, there are other things more worrisome - such as peer pressure, grades, girls, school, STDs, substance abuse, acne!!!!!!!!

"It's not that I'm interested. I just wanted to know the normal age, so that perhaps I could better train myself to knocking first before just walking into his room.......to train his brother to start giving him more privacy.....perhaps to be careful when I'm washing his clothes.......and there's your reason." Hopefully you are already respecting his privacy by knocking first and, at 13, surely he is perfectly capable of "...training his brother" rather than relying on you for that as well. Why would you "be more careful when (I'm) washing his clothes" - sorry it just strikes me as too much concern over a personal, private function that may or may not be happening with or without his control (e.g., "nocturnal emissions").
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting