Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 11:43 AM

3,574 posts, read 14,344,765 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
............ and in many cases going to third base! Some are even going as far as oral sex!
Try the local maternity ward. And I have also swabbed really awful looking throats for STDs along with strep....... But I think the OP was concerned about her son's maturity overall. Thank G-d all of mine are adults!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2008, 01:55 PM

2,568 posts, read 6,751,457 times
Here is something I never thought about. I guess I'll have to worry about it when my son gets older.

Old 12-01-2008, 02:09 PM

4,483 posts, read 5,331,581 times
A few months before I turned 12.

Old 12-01-2008, 03:35 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,666,667 times
there was no need to jack it for me.
by 13 i was already sexually active.
before 14 i didnt even understand jackin it.
by 15 i figured it out, but didnt really need it.
the biggest difference that occured was that i no longer had wet dreams.
i think i had them so often because i wasnt jackin.
either way its nature. it will happen in his sleep or by his own hand, and possiblly that of another person. oh to be young, dumb and full of ...

the best thing to do is open the door(not a real actual door) so that your son knows he can ask questions. wait a while. check for clues. does he spend time lots of time in the bath? notice stains on his clothes. its a bit uncomfortable, but it is natural. thats the point to make.

is there a male figure that can handle this issue? and not all guys do it at 13, some younger, some older. some say never.

Old 12-01-2008, 04:03 PM

1,942 posts, read 8,491,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm_mary73 View Post
"You know, if someone took this the wrong way it could be.....disgusting. " I didn't so I must be clueless - sorry to have offended your sensibilities, but again, as a parent myself, there are other things more worrisome - such as peer pressure, grades, girls, school, STDs, substance abuse, acne!!!!!!!!

"It's not that I'm interested. I just wanted to know the normal age, so that perhaps I could better train myself to knocking first before just walking into his room.......to train his brother to start giving him more privacy.....perhaps to be careful when I'm washing his clothes.......and there's your reason." Hopefully you are already respecting his privacy by knocking first and, at 13, surely he is perfectly capable of "...training his brother" rather than relying on you for that as well. Why would you "be more careful when (I'm) washing his clothes" - sorry it just strikes me as too much concern over a personal, private function that may or may not be happening with or without his control (e.g., "nocturnal emissions").

Why would I be more careful washing clothes? Ok...I do all of the wash in the house. If this was something that could be happening now, I am going to be a little more careful placing his clothes into the washer instead of just plunging my hands into his clothing.....and coming up with more than clothes. I would think that would be understandable.

Old 12-01-2008, 04:06 PM

Thank you for everyone's comments.....even the ones who went off topic.

Old 12-01-2008, 04:10 PM

Oh...I forgot to add. Don't worry, I do understand it is a human thing. I would never embarrass him about it, or make him feel that he was bad for doing it!

Old 12-01-2008, 06:08 PM

12,973 posts, read 3,224,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZugZub View Post
Use your head, man. Maybe she does the laundry for her whole family? Be a pretty dense mom that didn't notice sheets, crusty socks, etc.
I guess I'm pretty dense then...or maybe I have better things to do than inspect my sons sheets before stripping the bed or unroll dirty f'ing socks!

Old 12-02-2008, 01:42 PM

3,574 posts, read 14,344,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Bewitched View Post
..... If this was something that could be happening now, I am going to be a little more careful placing his clothes into the washer instead of just plunging my hands into his clothing.....and coming up with more than clothes. ....
LOLOLOL!!!

Old 12-02-2008, 04:17 PM

1,036 posts, read 3,069,875 times
Originally Posted by Mrs.Bewitched
..... If this was something that could be happening now, I am going to be a little more careful placing his clothes into the washer instead of just plunging my hands into his clothing.....and coming up with more than clothes. ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm_mary73 View Post
LOLOLOL!!!

EEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting