Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 10:56 AM

6,066 posts, read 15,050,869 times

Advertisements

I think booker_one is just having what we Texans call a conniption fit. Prolly just needs a good nap or some nookie. People like that are so far gone in their heads that's there's no use trying to disagree with them. I come from a huge family full of people like this (which is one reason I'm so glad to be in Oregon!) but I also know not all Texans are this way. I also know you find people like this everywhere, not just in Texas. When you come across hateful people like this, it's better just to nod your head and go "uh-huh"... and just let them act mean and crazy. Fortunately they are not the majority here in our beautiful country, which is prolly why they are always so worked up about everything. People like that want everybody to fit into the same mold - their mold - and if you don't, then they let themselves get all worked up and uspet. They feel like they have to fix you, or change you, or just lash out at you and verbally abuse you, instead of just accepting and even celebrating the differences among us all. It's too bad. I mean - it's diversity among a culture that makes it strong, you know? If we were all the same, how weak and bland and shallow-minded would we be? I don't even want to ponder it.

Anyway... this thread has gone way OT. Has the OP even replied yet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2008, 12:12 PM

870 posts, read 1,627,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haggardhouseelf View Post
I think booker_one is just having what we Texans call a conniption fit. Prolly just needs a good nap or some nookie. People like that are so far gone in their heads that's there's no use trying to disagree with them. I come from a huge family full of people like this (which is one reason I'm so glad to be in Oregon!) but I also know not all Texans are this way. I also know you find people like this everywhere, not just in Texas. When you come across hateful people like this, it's better just to nod your head and go "uh-huh"... and just let them act mean and crazy. Fortunately they are not the majority here in our beautiful country, which is prolly why they are always so worked up about everything. People like that want everybody to fit into the same mold - their mold - and if you don't, then they let themselves get all worked up and uspet. They feel like they have to fix you, or change you, or just lash out at you and verbally abuse you, instead of just accepting and even celebrating the differences among us all. It's too bad. I mean - it's diversity among a culture that makes it strong, you know? If we were all the same, how weak and bland and shallow-minded would we be? I don't even want to ponder it.

Anyway... this thread has gone way OT. Has the OP even replied yet?
that has to be the funniest post ever. you talk about me getting worked up because not everyone has my beliefs but you have been doing the exact same thing. actually, you are the one that responded to my first post on this thread. so, you are the one getting worked up about me not having the same beliefs as you.

do you really think i am hateful because i do not think the homosexual lifestyle is right? wow....you really need to grow up a little bit.

Old 12-03-2008, 12:20 PM

1,022 posts, read 3,371,358 times
You've gotten off topic, but I don't know if it matters because the OP has not returned. I'd really be interested to find out how things are going with the naughty 19 year old!

Old 12-03-2008, 01:15 PM

370 posts, read 1,016,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by booker_one View Post
do you really think i am hateful because i do not think the homosexual lifestyle is right? wow....you really need to grow up a little bit.
I think deep down you may be a little bit gay..

Old 12-03-2008, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturdayskids View Post
only on saturdays. i really wish people would stop saying that because i don't agree with the lifestyle that i am hateful. i mean crap, i lived with 1 gay dude in college and had no problem with him as a person.....just the fact that he took it up the butt. and no, i did not join in.

Old 12-03-2008, 06:45 PM

370 posts, read 1,016,352 times
Quote:
only on saturdays. i really wish people would stop saying that because i don't agree with the lifestyle that i am hateful. i mean crap, i lived with 1 gay dude in college and had no problem with him as a person.....just the fact that he took it up the butt. and no, i did not join in.
What are people supposed to think when you say things like "at least he's not gay" or something. It's like you're basing someones entire personality on their sexual preference

Old 12-03-2008, 07:06 PM

6,884 posts, read 11,245,419 times
Smile What I told my kids

Our house - our rules

If we pay the bills, you'd better believe we will be all over you if you do not answer the cell phone. If you do not answer, we assume (1) you are someone you should not be, (2) you are with someone you should not be with, etc.

If you want to play by your rules, you're on your own.

If you are upfront with us, we were young once and yes, we remember.
You will be amazed at what we can work out so try it rather than being dishonest about it.

One other thing: College is a gift for your future.

Old 12-03-2008, 07:22 PM

3,488 posts, read 8,222,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturdayskids View Post
LOL, this does often seem to be the case with those who protest too much.

Quote:
You do sound hateful. And bigoted. It really is quite an unpleasant trait, and I suggest you think more about yourself and your own life, than the sex life of consenting adults.

Old 12-03-2008, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobokenkitchen View Post
LOL, this does often seem to be the case with those who protest too much.

You do sound hateful. And bigoted. It really is quite an unpleasant trait, and I suggest you think more about yourself and your own life, than the sex life of consenting adults.
i'm not looking for your approval. i'm sure you do not care for certain things. does that make you hateful and bigoted? i'm sure you do not think so.

Old 12-05-2008, 07:34 AM
Gue

24,118 posts, read 10,143,707 times
To get back on track to the OP. My son also started college this year. He commutes from home but about 3 weeks ago he decided he just didn't need to let us know that he wanted to stay in a friends dorm & another friends house that week.

I have let him know that if he is not coming home to sleep that night I need a text & if it is more than one night I need a quick call.

& calling the cell provider & asking them to suspend his cell service got him to finally call me!

Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting