Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 06:48 AM

1,577 posts, read 3,698,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebanker View Post
The idea of letting a 15year old boy whose hormones are raging around a baby girl's vagina. No, I'm not paying a horny 15yr old boy to sex my daughter!
thats as bad a comment as something racist. no offense, but thats a terrible thing to say and what gives every person in that generalized group a bad rep, true or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2009, 05:53 PM

11,642 posts, read 23,897,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miasmommy View Post
For many reasons I am just not comfortable. I don't really need any other reason
You say you have many reasons, but then that you don't need any reason. Which is it?

It's completely irrational to think that a man will harm your children while a woman will not.

Old 05-24-2009, 05:55 PM

Quote:
The idea of letting a 15year old boy whose hormones are raging around a baby girl's vagina. No, I'm not paying a horny 15yr old boy to sex my daughter!
That's just disgusting.

Old 05-24-2009, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miasmommy View Post
BECAUSE IT MAKES ME UNCOMFORTABLE!!!!

Is it against the law to not want a male to watch my children? Do people interview more than one person and decide they like one or the other?

I don't have to justify to you or anyone else. They are my children not yours or anyone elses. I decide who watches them and who does't.
Asking WHY doesn't mean someone wants you justify your decision, simply that they want you to EXPLAIN it.

WHY does it make you uncomfortable? You are certainly able to say that having a male babysitter makes you uncomfortable, but if you should be able to articulate WHY it makes you uncomfortable.

Nobody is saying that you can't make decisions based on any ridiculous criteria that you like, but you really should be able to say WHY that criteria is important to you.

Old 05-24-2009, 08:07 PM

1,986 posts, read 4,065,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spanko75 View Post
It's ok. When I was first asked, and mind you I'm a single father, I was nervous, but I have had them watch her a lot so I felt compelled to offer to baby sit so that they could have a date night once a week and it has been nothing but wonderful.
What a great neighbor. Wish I had a neighbor like you when mine were small.
Quote:
That's just plain sick.

I have known some really decent, gentle, sweet boys and wouldn't hesitate to have asked any one of them to babysit. We're past that need now though. I did have a young man babysit my daughter before when she was a baby.

Last edited by jeannie216; 05-25-2009 at 06:57 AM..

Old 05-31-2009, 03:49 AM

2 posts, read 3,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma_bear View Post
This thread made me want to cry.
dont cry moma bear its just because we have done a mistake taking birth as a boy so we have to pay for it

its not because of society it just goes that way

i know some 12yr old boys who are raped by adult woman and now are paying child support

so they are one the many ways to pay the cost for being a boy

Old 02-24-2010, 02:23 PM

1 posts, read 1,768 times
hey woman do that 2 u know god that hurts US GUYS SAYING U DONT TRUST NOONE BUT FAMILY MEMBERS geuss what some people r insecet DID U F*ING THINK ABOUT THAT im 16yrs old and a guy and i babysit for people that have daughters. yes im strait.

Old 02-24-2010, 02:45 PM

1,492 posts, read 3,232,469 times
We have had male babysitters.
We have GBBG. So yes there is the potential for the wrong male to to do the wrong thing.
We have not seen them be anything other than professional in their approach.
But, I can understand the concern and as our eldest daughter is now in her teens, I am re considering what we should do.

Old 08-13-2011, 05:15 PM

2 posts, read 2,429 times
I think it depends on the person, not the gender. Before hiring, maybe you should ask other people who have had him babysit for them what they think. I believe that the personality of the babysitter says a lot more than the gender. I also believe that males would be good role models to the children, especially if the mother is single.

Old 08-13-2011, 07:34 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,347,105 times
Wow, what a wierd thread. There are some strange people out there. Child molesters come in all sexes! Men make excellent babysitters, same as women...it is based on the PERSON...are they good with kids? Make your own judgement...but don't assume that all males are molesters, and all females are excellent baby tenders. BTW, my daughter really does not like kids that much, she would just stick your kid in front of the tv, my son, however, would play Candyland for hours, rough house, play hide and go seek, and finally want to make root beer floats with everyone. Some people are kid people, some are not...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting