Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2009, 12:59 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,972,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by euromutt View Post
Hopefully its a white woman with white kids, that would be a great thing at least then i would not mind that my tax money goes to the kids to help them, but seeing how they are keeping her identity a secret its probably some illegal border jumper who don't wanna be identified so she cant be deported.We shall see.
Trash is trash, no matter what the race.
I know black people who work very hard to send their kids to school, who struggle to live in a good neighborhood, who limit the number of kids they have and are educated and would never make the dumb kind of comment you just made.
As I said, trash is trash.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2009, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by euromutt View Post
I am not mean lol..i am opinionated. There is a difference, you call me a racist bigot i say thank you. Racist to me means loving my race and advancing it above all others, every person of every race should do the same thing. SO thank you.
We are all multiple races. There is no pure race of any kind on the planet.

There are some really lousy white people and some really wonderful blacks.

How can you love the bad whites and not the good blacks?

It does not make sense that a gene that denotes mere skin color should be the main distinction you make between people.

It strikes me as silly, at the very least.

I enjoy being with people who enjoy the things that I do.
The genes determining skin color are really not a source of pleasure for me.

It seems really a peculiar thing to make the comments that you do.

Old 02-02-2009, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLoveLost View Post
playing a little devils advocate eh? lol......

I don't think it's that the kids don't deserve care, more than anything they are the ones who are "victims" in this case. I whole heartedly think they DO need care, and I also think it should come from someone other than their mother.

I guess I don't see it that way with your friend. See, I didn't want children. My DH and are were military when we first got married, and I went to the military doctors (where we were covered) and said I wanted my tubes tied. You know what they told me??? They wouldn't do it unless I HAD KIDS...wtf??? I told them that I didn't want kids hence, the need for a tubal. Duh. They refused to do it.

well guess what? about a month later, On birth control pills, I got pregnant.

Now we were (and are) in a stable relationship and yeah, we were then (as we are now) capable of taking care of our kids, (though back then it was a strain) but unknown to both of us was that I am a carrier of Fragile X.

Nobody knew, and even going thru genetic counciling, they didn't think that we had anything to worry about. Now I am a mom of twin boys with both Fragile X and Autism. Did I plan it, ....no. Should I be punished for it...well, I don't think so.

We struggled for a while when they were younger, and we got help. When you are paying in excess of $500 a month in diapers, you get help. The military doesn't pay beans...lol

The medical expenses we would have incurred if not for the fact we were military were in the HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS for medical care for our kids. I am just thankful that we WERE military and that we did have access to the medical services we had.

People who aren't in the military aren't going to be as lucky and being on medicaide or medicare, is nothing to be ashamed of. It is VERY expensive when you have a child with a disorder and most people cannot afford to do it on their own. But I can pretty much tell you none of them plan to have kids with disorders, and it would be surprising for everyone to prepare for it.

You also mentioned her insurance dropped her. well, that also becomes a big problem because the next insurance isn't going to cover something that they consider a "pre-existing" condition. so what else can she do???

That is what medicade and medicare ARE for. It isn't for people like this woman. She deliberately put herself in this position. She not only risked her health, but the health of her kids, and I wouldn't be surprised if more than one has a disorder. She already has one who is Autistic.

The children deserve better than her........
If I had a pregnancy and there was a disorder that could be determined before birth I would have no problem aborting. I would consider it the responsible thing to do.

Old 02-02-2009, 06:22 AM

37,617 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMtnsOnTheMind View Post
That would be Palestine.
Yes, I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
They came from the USA.
Yes, not every fool in the world is an immigrant.
I know where they came from. The father is definitely an immigrant, and they ARE a family of fools.

Old 02-02-2009, 06:57 AM

151 posts, read 272,363 times
This piece of news attracted me to watch, 8 kids, wow I thought.

But then the truth emerges: she already has 6. And with that she lives with her mother and father with no partner around in California! I thought this place was hit bad with the recession!

But what really astonished ne was that when she was 12 weeks in, she brazenly went to the hospital to get assisstance! Surely what she did was illegal. Why were no questions asked that a young woman would want IVF and 8 eggs?!!

Old 02-02-2009, 07:09 AM

3,032 posts, read 8,921,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampaguita View Post
I pretty much agree with most of what you said except this. Those of us who used scientific intervention do not look at our children as science experiments. My twins ARE gifts from God.
If you believe in god, then you must also believe god "created" you infertile on purpose. Apparently though, you're willing to go against "god's will" and use medical science to change how god created you to be.

How then can you be critical of those of us who don't see those children as "gifts" from god?

Old 02-02-2009, 07:47 AM

6,497 posts, read 11,815,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post
If you believe in god, then you must also believe god "created" you infertile on purpose. Apparently though, you're willing to go against "god's will" and use medical science to change how god created you to be.

How then can you be critical of those of us who don't see those children as "gifts" from god?
Dontch know? She obviously thought God erred with her and needed to be corrected! So she did! So they're actually a gift from herself... and her doctor.

Old 02-02-2009, 07:52 AM

151 posts, read 272,363 times
A recent news story said that people in the UK can only have two before they do harm to the planet! Is the UK going the way of China?!

Old 02-02-2009, 07:59 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post
No. Not that I necessarily agree that fertility drugs are a good thing, but nearly the entire developed world uses medicine to some extent. The majority of Americans are Christian.

Old 02-02-2009, 07:59 AM

3,032 posts, read 8,921,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonBoy View Post
A recent news story said that people in the UK can only have two before they do harm to the planet! Is the UK going the way of China?!
What is so horrific about responsible breeding?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting