Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 03:06 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,181,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
OK. We clearly differ on the definitions of "good example" and "right and wrong". As for STDs, I would imagine your son knows the other boy's reputation well enough to make a reasonable determination of risk on his own. As for emotional issues from sex, you can trust me when I say most boys aren't burdened with an abundance of them the way girls are.
ya, right. a lot of adults don't even do that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2009, 03:17 PM

1,121 posts, read 3,666,419 times
In most states, your child is a victum of rape if you allow this. That leaves you open to child endangerment or abuse which could put you in jail. You have to make your child understand that he has the right to live his own life, but not on your dime and not necessarily with your approval. It's only a year.

Old 07-26-2009, 03:20 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,483,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukiko11 View Post
In most states, your child is a victum of rape if you allow this.
Bilge. In most states the age of consent is 16. That has already been hashed out repeatedly on this thread. Check your facts before you post.

Old 07-26-2009, 03:25 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,685,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Bilge. In most states the age of consent is 16. That has already been hashed out repeatedly on this thread. Check your facts before you post.
Right. AND the rules in most states are quite different if it's teen/teen sex and not teen/adult sex.

Old 07-26-2009, 03:32 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,181,169 times
This discussion isn't even about the OP anymore. It now seems to be about whether or not it is ok for teens to have sex in your own house with your permission. The OP should know how s/he would handle it for a straight teen and do the same for her gay teen.

Old 07-26-2009, 03:51 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,483,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
ya, right. a lot of adults don't even do that.
Well then don't allow adults to have sex then, obviously.

Old 07-26-2009, 04:10 PM

1,848 posts, read 4,685,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue's Love View Post
I think it has the same rules as if he wanted to sleep at a girls house. So no I don't see a positive ending to this.
Whoa, I am a 28 year old married woman (married for 3 years) I had 3 men on the groomsmen side who were my BEST friends and even some were college apartment mates of mine.

When I was born, many of the other ladies my mom knew had boys, hence those were my friends. They DID spend the night in highschool, nothing EVER happened then or years later.

Teens are not always crazy sex crazed maniacs. They RESPECT their friendships and value those friendships.

BTW, none of us were or are "sore on the eyes".

Old 09-26-2009, 04:11 PM

1 posts, read 2,775 times
will am the same age and gay? but like my mom did she trusted me and i stayed with friends but she trust me do u trust him plus like i said if the other boys mom and dad r there it sould not matter let him go

Old 09-28-2009, 03:22 AM

2,536 posts, read 9,932,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinaw2 View Post
I've never known parent who did let their girlfriend stay the night. Not at 17. As a compromise, maybe she can invite them to stay at her house if she has reservations. Sounds like a reasonable alternative.
I slept over my boyfriend's house (who then later became my husband) at around age 16. It just sometimes worked out better when me having to drive home at night if we were out doing things together. Plus, sex aside, we just liked being together--waking up in the same bed together. Now it's something we do every day--but at that point, it was quite the amazing experience.

I never got pregnant, never got an STD, or had anything "bad" happen to me. You know what the key was? Communication. I knew from an early age about the consequences of being sexually active--and I was able to prepare for it with the guidance from my very open, understanding parents.

I think it's perfectly acceptable to let your nearly-adult age child sleep over at someone's house that he might possibly have sexual relations with (male or female). Just stess safe sex. Make sure he UNDERSTANDS the importance of it.

Your son will be an adult in less than a year--do what feels logical to you.

Last edited by thepinksquid; 09-28-2009 at 03:59 AM..

Old 05-16-2013, 09:23 PM

1 posts, read 1,688 times
I know this thread is old and I'm a lil late but i searched it up and found it so someone else could have too. In my opinion i think its ok to let two teenagers sleepover as long as they have: 1. Known each other for a while now 2. you yourself have met this over teenager and know if they are a good person or not and 3. You trust your son or daughter. My mother trusted me enough to know that I wouldn't dare have sex in her house (Unless she was no where to be found lol) and my boyfriend knew my family and wasn't a stranger to my home so when he and I asked if he could stay one night when it got late after a visit it didn't seem like a strange request. Ofcourse we weren't sleeping in the same bed but we were in the same room. (He slept on a pallet on the floor)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting