Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 05:56 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,843,839 times

Advertisements

Ok I am going to just put it out there

If you have a boy at what age did he find out about his penis and start exploring that I guess you would say

My friend has a boy that is 3 and they walked into the room to find their son in the corner with their pants down and fondling himself. I guess you would put it.

If this happened to you with your son how did you handle it

Thank you all seriously I dont know what advice to give.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2010, 06:06 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,380,283 times
Well, my son is 4 1/2 and although he doesn't really masturbate yet, he does kind of play with his penis, meaning pulls on it, or moves it back and forth. He looks at it while he is doing it, almost as if he is exploring it.

Funny story: about 8 months ago, he called me: "Mama, mama!" I was like: "what, baby?" He answers: "my pee-pee is big!". I guess he had an erection and was so mystified by it, that he had to announce it to me.

I'm not sure what you mean by "fondling", but boys discover their penises pretty early on.

Old 01-06-2010, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Well, my son is 4 1/2 and although he doesn't really masturbate yet, he does kind of play with his penis, meaning pulls on it, or moves it back and forth. He looks at it while he is doing it, almost as if he is exploring it.

Funny story: about 8 months ago, he called me: "Mama, mama!" I was like: "what, baby?" He answers: "my pee-pee is big!". I guess he had an erection and was so mystified by it, that he had to announce it to me.

I'm not sure what you mean by "fondling", but boys discover their penises pretty early on.
lol That is funny Thanks I figured it was natural

Can I ask what you told him when that happened?

Old 01-06-2010, 06:35 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,162,138 times
Quote:

my boys are 4 and 6 and this is my experience so far too. My question is, when does it ACTUALLY become sexual, not just preschool curiosity? If they get erections this young, do they just keep getting them, or do they stop then start again when the hormones kick in?

Old 01-06-2010, 06:38 PM

Heck how do you handle it really? You dont want them thinking its bad to touch themselves but you also dont want them going to pre school touching themselves either

If you get my drift

Old 01-06-2010, 06:48 PM

11,642 posts, read 23,902,950 times
Quote:

This is pretty much my experience. Somewhere between 3 and 4 boys discover themselves. It's not really sexual at that age, it's just interesting to them.

We told our kids that their bodies were private and that touching themselves in private was fine with us, but it's something that should not be done in public. If we found them in the house we matter of factly suggested that if they wanted to play with their penis they should go to their room and do so in private. We did this kindly, without shame. The object was not to get them to stop but merely to get them to realize that there are some things that should be done privately. We never had any problems with them in school.

The OPs kid seems pretty normal to me (mother of 3 boys).

Old 01-06-2010, 06:51 PM

11,642 posts, read 23,902,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
my boys are 4 and 6 and this is my experience so far too. My question is, when does it ACTUALLY become sexual, not just preschool curiosity? If they get erections this young, do they just keep getting them, or do they stop then start again when the hormones kick in?
I think you have to ask a man. My sons are older (10, 13, 15) and I assume my older ones know what to do with themselves although I have not asked them.

Old 01-06-2010, 07:09 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,380,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
lol That is funny Thanks I figured it was natural

Can I ask what you told him when that happened?
I smiled and said something along the lines that sometimes boys' pee-pees get big.

Old 01-06-2010, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma_bear View Post
This is pretty much my experience. Somewhere between 3 and 4 boys discover themselves. It's not really sexual at that age, it's just interesting to them.

We told our kids that their bodies were private and that touching themselves in private was fine with us, but it's something that should not be done in public. If we found them in the house we matter of factly suggested that if they wanted to play with their penis they should go to their room and do so in private. We did this kindly, without shame. The object was not to get them to stop but merely to get them to realize that there are some things that should be done privately. We never had any problems with them in school.

The OPs kid seems pretty normal to me (mother of 3 boys).
Thanks

I will pass your suggestion on

Old 01-06-2010, 07:49 PM

Quote:
I smiled and said something along the lines that sometimes boys' pee-pees get big.
Good answer
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting