Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 03:18 PM

70 posts, read 265,233 times

Advertisements

I don't see what the problem is with what the mother did. It does make you think about what these evil world leaders were like as babies, when they were still innocent. I actually have more of a problem with the mothers who dress their babies up for those "glam" beauty pageants complete with false teeth, hair, eyelashes, tans, etc. That's more scarring that what this woman did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2010, 03:55 PM

2,605 posts, read 4,694,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny1981 View Post
I don't see what the problem is with what the mother did. It does make you think about what these evil world leaders were like as babies, when they were still innocent. I actually have more of a problem with the mothers who dress their babies up for those "glam" beauty pageants complete with false teeth, hair, eyelashes, tans, etc. That's more scarring that what this woman did.
LOL, Some of those babies all dressed up in frills and have makeup on live their mother's dreams whether they like it or not. Poor kids.

And some of them will grow up to be evil !!! That was the whole point of that project; when a person is a baby, they all look sweet and innocent, even those who grow up to be monsters.

Old 03-24-2010, 04:04 PM

67 posts, read 107,919 times
I don't see why this mom couldn't have used something besides the Hitler costume. To take advantage of a baby like that is not acceptable. Babies are truly innocent and the poor thing had no power to speak up for itself. Sure, this baby might not be deeply affected in the long run, but it still was a tasteless thing to do.

Old 03-24-2010, 04:21 PM

2,605 posts, read 4,694,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sproodle View Post
I don't see why this mom couldn't have used something besides the Hitler costume. To take advantage of a baby like that is not acceptable. Babies are truly innocent and the poor thing had no power to speak up for itself. Sure, this baby might not be deeply affected in the long run, but it still was a tasteless thing to do.
Seems most people don't agree. She is a famous artist worldwide. Had everyone thought it was so tasteless, she wouldn't be so popular or famous, now would she. The public would have boycotted any of her work and she would have ended her career right then and there.

Old 03-24-2010, 04:45 PM

1,476 posts, read 2,025,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoExcuses View Post
Seems most people don't agree. She is a famous artist worldwide. Had everyone thought it was so tasteless, she wouldn't be so popular or famous, now would she. The public would have boycotted any of her work and she would have ended her career right then and there.
"famous artist worldwide"??? I thought you were the one that said noone had probably ever heard of it before???

Anyway, its usually the "masses" to whom this type of tasteless stuff appeals.

Old 03-24-2010, 06:56 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,315,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebOver View Post
I do not like it when adults use babies or children as foils for their adult agenda. The irony of the act is explicit. This child was used to illustrate an adult concept and to stimulate a complex reaction. To use a child in this way is an act of 'Evil', the baby as an individual is ignored. Images are non verbal communication. My career is all about visual communication. In my field there are rules for using licensed character art appropriately. You won't see Bugs Bunny smoking, drinking or acting 'Lindsay Lohan'. Oddly we have higher respect for characters that do not exist than we do for each other.
I'm in the visual arts field too. Not taking chances or being provacative is a great way to be boring and run of the mill.

Old 03-24-2010, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sproodle View Post

*shrug* Taste is in very subjective. Furthermore, there is a very definite reason she used the Hitler costume.

Old 03-24-2010, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaBMe View Post
"famous artist worldwide"??? I thought you were the one that said noone had probably ever heard of it before???

Anyway, its usually the "masses" to whom this type of tasteless stuff appeals.

Wholeheartedly disagree.

It's usually the masses that succumb to their first emotions and declare anything outside of the norm as perverse, bad, wrong, etc and so on and so forth.

The masses are sheep.

Old 03-24-2010, 09:14 PM

145 posts, read 519,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Wholeheartedly disagree.

It's usually the masses that succumb to their first emotions and declare anything outside of the norm as perverse, bad, wrong, etc and so on and so forth.

The masses are sheep.
Really? You celebrate not conforming, not sharing common opinion? Your position is not unique. Many young people share your opinion and argue from a position of comfort. A position provided by us dull drones who people the masses. We are thankful when they finally shower, cut their hair and make their own way into the world. The wording of your post is easily read as negative. Are you over-eager to label dissenting opinion as small minded? Are we unfair to see the hypocracy in your statement? Sit and consider. Your words represent you. This artist has created images that I find objectionable and I've explained why just as have many others. To not see the validity of our position - could yours be uniformed, pompous and childlike?

Old 03-25-2010, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebOver View Post
Really? You celebrate not conforming, not sharing common opinion? Your position is not unique. Many young people share your opinion and argue from a position of comfort. A position provided by us dull drones who people the masses. We are thankful when they finally shower, cut their hair and make their own way into the world. The wording of your post is easily read as negative. Are you over-eager to label dissenting opinion as small minded? Are we unfair to see the hypocracy in your statement? Sit and consider. Your words represent you. This artist has created images that I find objectionable and I've explained why just as have many others. To not see the validity of our position - could yours be uniformed, pompous and childlike?

Like I said - taste is very subjective. To call this woman names is just fear talking.

I never said my position was unique. But I don't get overwrought so easily. It's better to be logical and think things through then react to "OMG! A baby in a HITLER costume".

I didn't call anyone here names. I don't appreciate the personal attacks you've made on me either. Read the TOS and learn to debate without getting personal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting