Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 04:40 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,602,856 times

Advertisements

Norwegian-Danish artist Nina Maria Kleivan ditched the baby bonnet and rattle and opted for a mustache and swastika for a photograph of her infant daughter. She depicted the baby as Adolf Hitler as part of a photo exhibit on the nature of evil.

Scandinavian Artist Dresses Her Daughter as Hitler, Stalin - AOL News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2010, 05:54 AM

1,476 posts, read 2,025,220 times
Using an infant to make a political statement and presenting lasting connections of your child to such evil (photos & name) makes me wonder if this woman is a little short on oxytocin??? Sickens me.

Old 03-18-2010, 07:37 AM

2,605 posts, read 4,694,020 times
Gorgeous baby.

The mother had a reason for dressing her baby in those clothes and those of other dictators. Her point was, there is evil in all of us. Who knows when a person is still a baby what kind of monster lurks within? When the most evil people were babies, I'm sure their mothers didn't look at them as what they would become as adults. We all see an innocent baby.

Old 03-18-2010, 04:30 PM

I don't care what the mother's "reason" was for photographing her "innocent" baby as Hitler, etc. She was "using" her baby for her own narcissistic self-expression. Not right. This child will forever be linked to something "evil" both in visual photographs and in the moniker she will carry for life. Does this "artistic" mother really think she has made such an impact on the world and at the expense of her "gorgeous" baby. BTW, I don't care if the child is an accomplished violinist - doesn't mean she's not scarred by this at some level. I really abhor parents who "use" their kids.

Old 03-18-2010, 04:55 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,061,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoExcuses View Post
The mother had a reason for dressing her baby in those clothes and those of other dictators. Her point was, there is evil in all of us. Who knows when a person is still a baby what kind of monster lurks within? When the most evil people were babies, I'm sure their mothers didn't look at them as what they would become as adults. We all see an innocent baby.
Tried to rep you but I'm apparently not spreading enough love around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaBMe View Post
I don't care what the mother's "reason" was for photographing her "innocent" baby as Hitler, etc. She was "using" her baby for her own narcissistic self-expression. Not right. This child will forever be linked to something "evil" both in visual photographs and in the moniker she will carry for life.
Would you have preferred that she borrowed a baby? Hired a baby model?

Quote:
Does this "artistic" mother really think she has made such an impact on the world and at the expense of her "gorgeous" baby.
Yes! The artist accomplished her goal-----she upset you! Her art enrages people like you! It's making people think. It caused this thread! That's a powerful impact!

Quote:
BTW, I don't care if the child is an accomplished violinist - doesn't mean she's not scarred by this at some level. I really abhor parents who "use" their kids.
Worse things happen to people in the world. I highly doubt this had any impact on her child's life.

Old 03-18-2010, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post

Would you have preferred that she borrowed a baby? Hired a baby model?

Not done it at all.

Seriously. The artist accomplished her goal-----she upset you!

Worse things happen to people in the world. I highly doubt this had any impact on her child's life.
Obviously you know nothing about psychological scarring.

Old 03-18-2010, 05:04 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,061,041 times
Quote:
Hillarious! It's just a baby wearing a costume! It's not like a baby knows what a costume means!

Old 03-18-2010, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Hillarious! It's just a baby wearing a costume! It's not like a baby knows what a costume means!
Did you catch what name her mother gave her (for life.)

Old 03-18-2010, 05:28 PM

1,219 posts, read 4,219,017 times
Oh my gosh, all those outfits!!! That mom had way too much time on her hands to make all those tiny detailed outfits. How totally weird.

Old 03-18-2010, 06:53 PM

2,605 posts, read 4,694,020 times
Quote:
I don't care what the mother's "reason" was for photographing her "innocent" baby as Hitler, etc. She was "using" her baby for her own narcissistic self-expression. Not right. This child will forever be linked to something "evil" both in visual photographs and in the moniker she will carry for life. Does this "artistic" mother really think she has made such an impact on the world and at the expense of her "gorgeous" baby. BTW, I don't care if the child is an accomplished violinist - doesn't mean she's not scarred by this at some level. I really abhor parents who "use" their kids.
Apparently the mother doesn't care what YOU think. How will that baby be forever linked to something "evil"??? She's a baby. Most people will never remember that her mother took photos of her. What did it cost her?
Quote:
Thank you !!
Quote:
That child will not be 'psychologically scarred' by her mother taking pictures of her for a display. Probably people in Denmark don't get hysterical over things like this.
Quote:
Did you catch what name her mother gave her (for life.)
Had you ever heard of the German legend? I haven't. Faustina is a name. Just a name. Had you heard it in conversation, would you have a problem with it? I wouldn't have any idea there was someone else who had that name.

What about here with names like Jude, Ramsey, other biblical names that aren't so positive?

I seriously don't think it's worth getting hysterical over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting