Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 08:29 PM

3 posts, read 14,055 times

Advertisements

I only got one reply about relocating to Ridgway (thanks Dylan), so now I'll see what anybody thinks about St. Marys. What are good/bad areas there? We've looked at a few houses, but we don't know which places to avoid, and of course no realtor is going to be honest about it. I'd really appreciate any input, since we have to move soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2007, 09:47 AM

Location: Milky Way Galaxy,Earth,Northern Hemisphere,North America,USA,Pennsyltucky
795 posts, read 2,803,633 times
I don't live in or near St Mary's, but know it's a nice town, in a beautiful area. What I can suggest, tho, to find out what the good and bad areas are, is just to talk to people there. Go to the local stores, the grocery stores and just talk to people. Realtors can't tell you (legally), but the people who live there can tell you.

Best wishes to you on your move!

blessings, Shen

Old 07-11-2007, 10:18 AM

54 posts, read 225,780 times
i do live in st.marys. the bad areas would be the downtown area. the best places are closer to outside of downtown. like by the airport and going to east branch lake. it is a nice town.

Old 07-11-2007, 10:20 AM

54 posts, read 225,780 times
i would look on mapquest and find somewhere outisde of the downtown. you will see where the downtown is and now where to move.

Old 07-11-2007, 07:49 PM

272 posts, read 908,792 times
St. Mary's/Emporium area is very nice. Simple living.

Old 10-19-2008, 04:17 AM

2 posts, read 9,500 times
There is really no "bad" areas in st. marys it's just what location you want. If you live closer to downtown you will have a smaller yard but you are within walking distance to some eating places. If you live further out you get more land but you have to drive everywhere. St. marys is a really quiet town i lived there until i went to college it's a dream compared to baltimore!

Old 12-28-2008, 03:53 PM

129 posts, read 488,875 times
You can always call the police station.They can tell you where they get the most calls,etc. We were moving into an area once that looked perfect on the paper, the house was beautiful and just what we were looking for. And then I happened to catch just a snippit of info somewhere that made me think, so I called the police station and found out all the skinny. Lol, we promptly backed out of the house and have never looked back!

Old 12-28-2008, 04:12 PM

12,054 posts, read 23,338,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicnsunshine View Post
I only got one reply about relocating to Ridgway (thanks Dylan), so now I'll see what anybody thinks about St. Marys. What are good/bad areas there? We've looked at a few houses, but we don't know which places to avoid, and of course no realtor is going to be honest about it. I'd really appreciate any input, since we have to move soon.
I would put my questions in writing to your realtor. I may be mistaken, but I think if you put your questions in writing that the realtor must answer honestly. Sometimes the police will not answer about crime, so that would be in my realtor questions.

Old 06-08-2010, 08:08 AM

1 posts, read 4,589 times
What is the local newspaper in St. Marys, PA ?

Old 06-08-2010, 08:13 AM

4,277 posts, read 11,780,009 times
Ridgway Record
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania