Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2006, 01:06 PM

2 posts, read 5,535 times

Advertisements

Hi,
Just moved up here 3 weeks ago and I am having an impossible time finding a job. I have a BA in Communications and have lots of experience. Any tips? I live in Hawley and would be willing to commute to Scranton if necessary but prefer to stay remotely close to home. Sucks up a lot of gas around here!
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2006, 05:40 AM

3 posts, read 9,359 times
not sure where Hawley is. but if you are so so willing to travel to scranton , how about wilkas berre, at least for me eather one is the same distance. an W-B is a bit bigger. and yes living in the NE does suck on gas. anywhere to go is a travel. I am in the Tunkhannock Area myself an used to travel to Scranton for work.

Old 07-06-2006, 07:21 PM

25 posts, read 83,779 times
wish I had a tip for you but I have a sister in the same boat...in PA and looking for a job. They are hard to come by there. It's a shame that the rest of the North East is thriving while PA is sinking.

Old 07-07-2006, 12:12 PM

4,416 posts, read 9,141,500 times
Man this guy is worse than me!

If you have a degree in Communications you will eventually find something with a radio-TV station in the area. Perhaps even a newspaper.

Old 07-13-2006, 10:03 AM

158 posts, read 814,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OurBaxter
Hi,
Just moved up here 3 weeks ago and I am having an impossible time finding a job. I have a BA in Communications and have lots of experience. Any tips? I live in Hawley and would be willing to commute to Scranton if necessary but prefer to stay remotely close to home. Sucks up a lot of gas around here!
Thanks!

I'm just teasing...but you might want to look for a job outside of the communications field. Even look for jobs that don't require a college degree, at least until you find something in your field. Scranton isn't a booming metropolis but it should be able to supply you with a job in time.

Old 07-13-2006, 03:20 PM

2 posts, read 5,738 times
If you are interested.....we will be looking for at least 12 new sales associates in the Bloomsburg & Milton area next week. GREAT commission pay, flexible hours, full or part time (depends on how much you want to make for the week). Not a hard sell business. You either like it or you don't. I have been in the ministry for the last 11 years and my husband was approached about this job from a friend and it has turned out to be quite lucrative. Reply if you are interested in more details and I will be happy to respond.

Old 05-28-2008, 01:40 PM

10 posts, read 49,666 times
Default Resources to look for employment in Scranton

My significant other is attempting to find employment other than well, the local Burger King, during his stint at Marywood University. He does not yet have his degree in Dietetics, but I simply cannot believe that all Scranton has to offer is fast food.
He's exausted Monster and Careerbuilder, and he said that the local paper apparently is also not a good source. Are there other sources to search for employment?
I suggested to him already temp agencies, the colleges in scranton (other than Marywood), and the chamber of commerce...but where I live, an hour north of him, and we have local services like a workforce center, binghamtonhelpwanted.com, and jobs that are always hiring-high turnover style.
Anything else?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania