Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2014, 12:21 PM

40 posts, read 101,216 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blauskies View Post
Yeah Unimart was in Sunbury or was it AM/PM I forget all the names, lol places changed names often it seems. I remember Time Markets because I use to stop there for gas and turn down Elm Street, how could I forget that name, Freddy Krueger lol. and take the Old Trail all the way down to the traffic circle then over to Sunbury, that was a long time ago.
You need a scorecard for Convenience stores.

-CR's Friendly Market (which I REALLY miss) was where the Toyota dealer parks cars now (next to the old Value City).
-UniMart was in Selinsgrove (in the same building where Pepper Tree/West Coast Video used to be) and on the strip where Papa John's is now. Prior to it being UniMart it was Majik Mart and Stop And Go. They also had locations in Sunbury (used to be Minit Market - on the corner of 4th and Race), Lewisburg (next to Subway and Plaza 15) and lots of other places.
-Time Markets was were Rita's is now. It was Coastal in-between.
-Short Stop is where it always was, next to Burger King.

UniMart is no more. I hadn't seen one in eons, so I looked it up, and they are done. I think Sheetz put them out of business. Personally, I love Sheetz, but I also love WaWa and wish we had one or two sprinkled around this area. The new Turkey Hill is going to be nice. It looks like the one in Berwick, and I love that one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2014, 07:35 AM

1,518 posts, read 6,697,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky-Rat View Post
I'd rather see a Five Guys or Chick-Fil-A, but it's better than an empty lot. A new Golden Corral would be welcome too - the new style ones are really nice.
I totally agree with this!!

Old 03-15-2014, 03:58 PM

300 posts, read 441,777 times
Where is the closest Five Guys anyway? Scranton? I live about an hour and a half north so I always end up going to Elmira for it. And I can't really say that I love Texas Roadhouse. It's lines are always out the door and they always give me medium rare when I ask for rare. I don't get everyone in the area's obsession with chain restaurants. Olive Garden and Red Lobsters are always overrun and local places are empty. We need more good local areas to go to, not just the cookie cutter places.

Old 03-15-2014, 11:13 PM

226 posts, read 761,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghdana View Post
Where is the closest Five Guys anyway? Scranton? I live about an hour and a half north so I always end up going to Elmira for it. And I can't really say that I love Texas Roadhouse. It's lines are always out the door and they always give me medium rare when I ask for rare. I don't get everyone in the area's obsession with chain restaurants. Olive Garden and Red Lobsters are always overrun and local places are empty. We need more good local areas to go to, not just the cookie cutter places.
Closest Five guys to Selinsgrove is Harrisburg

Old 03-17-2014, 07:47 AM

1,518 posts, read 6,697,346 times
We went to Texas Roadhouse on Saturday. I have to say my 6 oz. sirloin was one of the best steaks I have ever had. I always get well done, and this was done to perfection. No pink at all, and not charred around the edges as often happens with well done meat.

We used call ahead seating. I called when they opened at noon to see what time I should call back for a 2:00 seating. I figured mid afternoon they would be less busy. (Yeah, right!!) They said to call an hour ahead of time to get my name on the list. I called back at 1:00 and said we'd like to be seated around 2:00. Their web site said to show up 15 minutes before your requested time, and I asked about this but the woman on the phone said just come a few minutes ahead. We arrived around 1:50 and the woman at the desk said we still had ten minutes to wait until our time, and that it might go a few minutes after that. We were given the light-up buzzy thing and decided to wait outside as it was very congested inside. We sat on some benches outside until someone lit up a cigarette near us. Then we wandered around on the sidewalk until our thingy went off. We were seated around 2:20. Service was excellent, as was the food. There were five of us. My daughter got kids mac and cheese because she's a fussy eater. She's 14 but the waitress said, "Hey, if that's what you want ..." Our bill was just a tad over $60 for all of us. We were even treated to the entire wait staff dancing to "Footloose". I signed up for the email club and now have a coupon for a free appetizer. We have to use it by March 30th but I don't know if we'll go back that soon or wait until things calm down a bit more.

Old 03-17-2014, 01:29 PM

74 posts, read 179,796 times
Supposedly Five Guys is going in next to Big Lots in Lewisburg.

Old 03-17-2014, 06:33 PM

300 posts, read 441,777 times
I wish that is was going up closer to Williamsport so I wouldn't have to drive as far. Elmira would still be closer to me.

Old 03-20-2014, 07:20 PM

Well, I guess Buffalo Wild Wings is going in at the Marketplace, near the "Olive Garden" per their site plan (it's in quotations because I have yet to hear anything official about that Olive Garden or the new hotel and new stores).

I heard about the Five Guys in Lewisburg, but apparently that's not set in stone. They're trying to attract one there - they're trying to get enough tenants to build a small strip in that parking lot between McDonald's and Subway. I think it's going to be a cluster, but whatever.

Old 03-20-2014, 07:27 PM

Check the tab marked "Site Plan" - everything is "proposed" yet:

http://www.lms-pma.com/properties/plaza-15

To see the newest site plan for the Marketplace, click on it's name on this page:

PREIT | Retail Leasing by Property Type

Old 03-21-2014, 06:40 AM

74 posts, read 179,796 times
Hmm...I hadn't heard about. I was told that Five Guys thinking of going in at the end of the plaza next to Big Lots. But you know how the rumor mill is at times.

They certainly have some wasted space up there, but putting that big of a building there may be a tight squeeze once it opens up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania