Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2015, 06:57 PM

3 posts, read 12,888 times

Advertisements

Sears needs to do some restructuring to stay alive in many areas such as ours like eliminating the electronics department and possibly both small and large appliances as no one seams to shop there for those. Maybe then they will bounce back on their feet but I doubt they would try such a move as that. They aren't the Sears brand I knew growing up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2015, 07:29 PM

1,364 posts, read 2,917,285 times
Anybody have thoughts about Gabriela's in Sunbury? I just learned about it but don't think they have a website. Curious how their prices and quality ranks to other similar pizza places. Thanks!

Old 02-23-2015, 02:04 PM

40 posts, read 101,135 times
I wouldn't worry about the mall just yet. It's losing a few stores, but I don't see them moving to de-mall it anytime soon. Losing Penney's hurts, but I'm hoping something like Burlington Coat Factory snaps it up soon. It's small for an anchor slot, so that would be a good fit. If that Sears location goes belly-up and nothing has taken over Penney's slot, then it's time to worry a little. Columbia Mall should have been de-malled years ago, and Schuylkill Mall had another nail in the coffin with the announcement that K-Mart is closing. They'd do well to de-mall into a lifestyle center with stores like Target and Best Buy, as the closest of those stores to there is the Reading area. I'd like to see our mall move any viable stores out of the Sears wing and turn the area into a food court - the mall is seriously lacking in food options. I'd like to see Lycoming do that too, as they are losing the same stores we are.

I was a little disappointed with the announcement of BWW. Not a fan. And I don't think we need another sports bar, but that's just me, I guess. I'm not familiar with Moe's, but I'm not a fan of Tex-Mex or Southwestern stuff. I prefer more traditional Mexican.

As much as I'm not a K-Mart fan as of late, I'd hate like heck to see it go away. I can't stand Wal-Mart, and that's just one less choice we have.

Old 02-24-2015, 03:00 PM

1,364 posts, read 2,917,285 times
I'm not real excited with Wild Bill's Wings coming in but I could get into a place showing multiple sports like Damon's does in Lewisburg. Living in Selinsgrove I don't want to drive that far to see a sporting game. It's been a while since I've gone out looking for sporting events that you can actually hear so not sure if any local places have jumped on board. I'm less excited for Moe's only in that I'm not a huge fan of Mexican food or spicy food in general. Hoping it will be a good place for the folks who do enjoy it.

Old 03-01-2015, 09:00 AM

1,271 posts, read 2,593,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky-Rat View Post
I wouldn't worry about the mall just yet. It's losing a few stores, but I don't see them moving to de-mall it anytime soon. Losing Penney's hurts, but I'm hoping something like Burlington Coat Factory snaps it up soon. It's small for an anchor slot, so that would be a good fit. If that Sears location goes belly-up and nothing has taken over Penney's slot, then it's time to worry a little. Columbia Mall should have been de-malled years ago, and Schuylkill Mall had another nail in the coffin with the announcement that K-Mart is closing. They'd do well to de-mall into a lifestyle center with stores like Target and Best Buy, as the closest of those stores to there is the Reading area. I'd like to see our mall move any viable stores out of the Sears wing and turn the area into a food court - the mall is seriously lacking in food options. I'd like to see Lycoming do that too, as they are losing the same stores we are.

I was a little disappointed with the announcement of BWW. Not a fan. And I don't think we need another sports bar, but that's just me, I guess. I'm not familiar with Moe's, but I'm not a fan of Tex-Mex or Southwestern stuff. I prefer more traditional Mexican.

As much as I'm not a K-Mart fan as of late, I'd hate like heck to see it go away. I can't stand Wal-Mart, and that's just one less choice we have.
Sears and K-Mart will cease to exist in a few years or less, the writing is already on the wall.

Boscovs and Bon-Ton, who knows? Maybe a little longer, as long as jobs in general do not decline in the Valley.

I picture the JCP location will sit empty for a while, Burlington would fit the area, Ross would also be a good fit, Marshalls would work too but the store is probably too big.

I just hope they don't put some Business School in there, for jobs that don't exist in the area lol!

Old 03-04-2015, 12:04 PM

4,081 posts, read 3,605,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blauskies View Post
Sears and K-Mart will cease to exist in a few years or less, the writing is already on the wall.

Boscovs and Bon-Ton, who knows? Maybe a little longer, as long as jobs in general do not decline in the Valley.

I picture the JCP location will sit empty for a while, Burlington would fit the area, Ross would also be a good fit, Marshalls would work too but the store is probably too big.

I just hope they don't put some Business School in there, for jobs that don't exist in the area lol!
I can definitely see Sears and Kmart fizzling out by the end of this year. They simply can't conduct business when their suppliers are ditching them.

Bon-Ton, on the other hand, has a new CEO, so hopefully they can improve their image a bit.

Burlington is notorious for leasing spaces in malls once occupied by larger department stores, so that's definitely a possibility.

Old 03-04-2015, 08:44 PM

1,271 posts, read 2,593,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post
I can definitely see Sears and Kmart fizzling out by the end of this year. They simply can't conduct business when their suppliers are ditching them.

Bon-Ton, on the other hand, has a new CEO, so hopefully they can improve their image a bit.

Burlington is notorious for leasing spaces in malls once occupied by larger department stores, so that's definitely a possibility.
Two more empty buildings, the Kmart location has been there for years and I have to wonder what would become of that location, for all I know Kmart might own the property so it could be razed and sold?

Sears will equal two empty anchors at the SV Mall, not good. No idea if anyone will jump in there right away after JCP leaves? The rents are notoriously high in the mall.

Last time I was back home, I was amazed to see and hear about the development, including when they built the Monroe Marketplace.

Old 03-06-2015, 11:16 AM

63 posts, read 156,218 times
Looks like AT&T might be relocating (ou of the mall) or opening a new store... Not sure which.

The address on Google Maps looks like the empty spot between Med-Express and the new Alpine Dental (Formerly SuperPets formerly PepBoys)

Project Name:AT&T/Selinsgrove
Project Address:1597 N. Susquehanna Trail
Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania 17870
Bid Due DateFebruary 24, 2015
Bidding Stage:GC Bidding
Project Type:Renovation, Demolition, Commercial, Private, Open Shop
Description:Sq. Footage: 1832 fit out
Trades Needed:Cabinets / Millwork / Carpentry / Framing / Carpet / Cleaning / Site Clean-up / Demolition / Drywall / Electrical / HVAC / Insulation / Painting / Wall Covering / Plumbing / Roofing / Tile & Stone / Trim / Moulding / Windows & Doors / Firealarms / Interior Sprinklers / Low Voltage / Audio / Visual / Rubbish Removal / Portable Toilets / Glazing / Arch Metal & Aluminum / Finish Carpentry / Fire Suppression / Commercial Flooring / Waterproofing / Caulking / Bathroom Accessories / Acoustical Ceilings / Specialties / Firestopping

Old 03-06-2015, 02:26 PM

4,081 posts, read 3,605,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SakiSake View Post
Looks like AT&T might be relocating (ou of the mall) or opening a new store... Not sure which.

The address on Google Maps looks like the empty spot between Med-Express and the new Alpine Dental (Formerly SuperPets formerly PepBoys)

Project Name:AT&T/Selinsgrove
Project Address:1597 N. Susquehanna Trail
Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania 17870
Bid Due DateFebruary 24, 2015
Bidding Stage:GC Bidding
Project Type:Renovation, Demolition, Commercial, Private, Open Shop
Description:Sq. Footage: 1832 fit out
Trades Needed:Cabinets / Millwork / Carpentry / Framing / Carpet / Cleaning / Site Clean-up / Demolition / Drywall / Electrical / HVAC / Insulation / Painting / Wall Covering / Plumbing / Roofing / Tile & Stone / Trim / Moulding / Windows & Doors / Firealarms / Interior Sprinklers / Low Voltage / Audio / Visual / Rubbish Removal / Portable Toilets / Glazing / Arch Metal & Aluminum / Finish Carpentry / Fire Suppression / Commercial Flooring / Waterproofing / Caulking / Bathroom Accessories / Acoustical Ceilings / Specialties / Firestopping
What website did you grab that from? I love to know what's going on through construction reports.

Old 03-09-2015, 05:01 AM

63 posts, read 156,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post
What website did you grab that from? I love to know what's going on through construction reports.
My job requires me to have logins for various private subscription based services.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania