Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2009, 05:53 PM

1,364 posts, read 2,917,820 times

Advertisements

I was curious if anybody goes to the wing or seafood buffets at the Country Tavern in Middleburg? I went to the seafood buffet a few times about three years ago but haven't been there since. The food was really good but hard to get out to it because of work hours or finding somebody else who likes seafood enough for the price.

I was curious about the wing buffet......is it good? Are there large lines? Good selection of wings? What nights and hours do they have it? I know it was Mondays and Thursdays but not sure if that has changed.

Are there any other similar wing buffets in the area? I remember back in college they had all you could eat wings and all you could drink for seven bucks but doubt that exists much anymore (what a bargain for a broke college student ).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2009, 01:12 PM

1,518 posts, read 6,694,300 times
Where exactly is the Country Tavern? Wing buffet sounds like something my husband and teenager would love.

Old 11-04-2009, 01:55 PM

It's on 21 S Wausau Rd in Middleburg (early on going up toward the golf course/swimming pool when you turn off main street.....always forget the road....maybe 104?). They have a wing buffet that has a good selection of flavors of wings from what I've heard and two or three (maybe more?) different type of french fries. . I have reservations there tomorrow....I'll let you know how it is

They also have a seafood buffet on Friday and Saturday nights that was one of the best I've been to although it was ages ago. The wing buffet is on Monday and Thursdays. They say you need reservations as it always gets packed.

Old 11-04-2009, 02:49 PM

226 posts, read 761,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.J. MacReady View Post
It's on 21 S Wausau Rd in Middleburg (early on going up toward the golf course/swimming pool when you turn off main street.....always forget the road....maybe 104?). They have a wing buffet that has a good selection of flavors of wings from what I've heard and two or three (maybe more?) different type of french fries. . I have reservations there tomorrow....I'll let you know how it is

They also have a seafood buffet on Friday and Saturday nights that was one of the best I've been to although it was ages ago. The wing buffet is on Monday and Thursdays. They say you need reservations as it always gets packed.
We like to go to the Sunday Buffet. $10 will give you the buffet and a drink. They have things that some places don't have like tomato gravy and hamburg and pea gravy. I usually have a round of mashed potatos with the H and P gravy then go back for another round and get the tomato gravy.........Lee

Old 11-05-2009, 04:51 PM

Well just got back from the wing buffet. We arrived and was told that our reservation was given away to somebody with the same last name. That was odd since we called two days ago for reservations. What are the chances that somebody with the same last name would come in and ask for tables when they didn't have another reservation? The girl working the seating acted annoyed with us although we were very polite although surprised as we just called for reservations on Tuesday. She made it seem like a big deal and stated that she would give us "somebody else's" table and rolled her eyes. We took notice there was a ton of empty tables our whole time there so they made a big deal out of it for no reason. Our waitress wasn't overly friendly which isn't that big of a deal but do recall having issues of a waitress not even checking on us once when I took my parents there ages ago. We still tipped a good amount hoping it was just a matter of her not having a good day or having to put up with knucklehead co-workers. I didn't really enjoy the wings all that much. They had a big selection but I stayed to five or six flavors. Just weren't all that tasty to be honest I think we'll stay to ordering wings out at the Selinsgrove Hotel on Weds nights for now on. Maybe we just hit them on a bad night so not trying to detour others away but it kind of was lousy how things played out when we arrived. On top of that some kid on a bike zipped in front of us as we were pulling out onto the street. He could have easily went behind us, saw we were pulling out, and there was no way we could see him as he was dressed in all black with no reflectors on his bike. We came very close to running him over. I'm glad to be home.

Last edited by R.J. MacReady; 11-05-2009 at 05:34 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania