Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 09:44 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,004,288 times

Advertisements

That's the first thing I tried. It's not listed. But the info is available for a fee.

I guess that's the problem. You only get the free information if a number is listed. If it's private, you have to pay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2013, 10:41 AM

1 posts, read 13,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer1K View Post
I've used all 3 of these and they're still free.

[url=http://www.whitepages.com/]The Official WhitePages - Find People for Free[/url]

[url=http://www.whitepages.com/]The Official WhitePages - Find People for Free[/url]

[url=http://people.yahoo.com/]Yahoo! Search - People Search[/url]

None of these give the name for free.

Old 05-02-2013, 09:54 PM

1 posts, read 13,020 times
Default Help!!!

can someone help me pls?

so i applied for health insurance recently. I'm unemployed, so its a "benefits" health coverage. the thing is, someone from the UK called me from this number "+10117387951377" and was asking me all sought of questions in relation to my insurance application, so i did it without question.

they knew my name, address, asked me my height, weight, weather i was on meds or not, weather i drank or smoked or allergic to anything. all of which seemed common. they asked me weather or not i was employed asked me my birth date. i answered all of which without hesitation, because i actually DID sign up for insurance about 1 month before.

when i started to ask them a question, they hung up, so i was stunned. was i scammed? what's up with that? can anyone help me to find out about the person calling me? or what the person on the other end of the line was all about... was it legit or not? someone pls reply. im so lost

Old 01-21-2014, 08:46 PM

1 posts, read 10,221 times
I need help finding a free website that will give me a name.. Some guy who sounds like he is Indian or something calls from a non-blocked number and at first says that he would like to help you with your computer or laptop. After you say "No thank you I'm not interested" He then says well would you like to buy a condom.. I then said sure while not? (trying to get him to say who he was) he then said okay you can have the used one after I'm done F****** your daughter and wife. How he knew I was married and have kids I have NO IDEA!! THIS GUY WILL NOT STOP CALLING ME AND I WANT TO KNOW WHO HE IS!? PLEASE HELP!!!

Old 01-21-2014, 09:39 PM

1,221 posts, read 1,901,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj_marieee View Post
I need help finding a free website that will give me a name.. Some guy who sounds like he is Indian or something calls from a non-blocked number and at first says that he would like to help you with your computer or laptop. After you say "No thank you I'm not interested" He then says well would you like to buy a condom.. I then said sure while not? (trying to get him to say who he was) he then said okay you can have the used one after I'm done F****** your daughter and wife. How he knew I was married and have kids I have NO IDEA!! THIS GUY WILL NOT STOP CALLING ME AND I WANT TO KNOW WHO HE IS!? PLEASE HELP!!!
If you have caller ID and don't recognize the number, don't answer. If you answer they will know it is a "live" number and will continue to call and also sell your "good" number to other telemarketers.

The National Do Not Call Registry has a complaint link on which you can complain, but it takes a couple of months for things to happen because the complaint is forwarded to your state Attorney General Fraud office. Also, your phone on which the calls are coming in on must be registered on the Do Not Call Register.

Another trick the telemarketers use is to call, let the phone ring, then hang up. They hope that people who have Caller ID will worry they have missed an important call, and call that Caller ID number. When they make that call the telemarketer will make the sales pitch and log that in as a live number, etc.

There is no way to beat them. If that number is shut down, or charges made, they only change numbers and later start all over again.

Oh, and to add to the problem; They can get unlisted numbers and start calling them! And there are no longer any free reverse number sites.

Last edited by Old Fossil; 01-21-2014 at 09:41 PM.. Reason: More info

Old 01-22-2014, 08:12 AM

270 posts, read 380,175 times
I just google the number. Sometimes it gives you everything you want, sometimes not. Give it a try!

Old 01-24-2014, 06:55 PM

3,404 posts, read 3,448,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Just tried the above mentioned.

The Official White Pages is not free.

Yahoo Search didn't provide anything but links to other searches that require payment.

Anywho didn't charge money but it didn't produce results.

An adult female who sounded like she was in her 40s was harrassing my teen on his cell phone a few days ago.

She called him three times in a row and demanding to know who HE was without saying who SHE was.

Thankfully, he didn't provide her with any information, but he felt uncomfortable enough to tell me about the calls.

I want to know what adult was calling my child and demanding that he reveal his identity.
Respond for your son. Tell her you are his wife and he better not be cheating on you again. That last girl is still in hospital and she better not call again because your husband gave up the last girls address to you.

Old 04-11-2014, 11:29 PM

64 posts, read 351,581 times
4-12-2014

Try looking up your number on Free Reverse Phone Number Lookup by PrivacyStar again--are you sure you followed the instructions exactly? I guess the accuracy of the results depends on the phone number you are looking up, but I tried it successfully--when you click on the OWNER NAME a name does come up (last name and initial of the first name). There is no need to click on the APP link if you don't want to use that right now.

As an additional suggestion, I suggest you do a search on any search engine, using the search phrase, in beginning and ending quotation marks: "reverse phone lookup" and your search results will give you many options of websites to experiment with.

I found the most fascinating article about reverse phone lookups that suggests you can even use FACEBOOK to search for a phone number, which I was not aware of before:

Reverse cell phone lookup service is free and simple - CBS News

************************************************** ****************************************

Old 04-12-2014, 06:27 AM

11,083 posts, read 17,527,537 times
I use 411.com

Old 04-23-2014, 03:31 PM

20,756 posts, read 19,951,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomrand View Post
I use Cell Revealer - works fine for mobile numbers - at least the ones I needed to look up.
You need to create an account there. That's free and looking up the numbers?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search