Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 06:27 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,004,288 times

Advertisements

Are there any truly free reverse phone number lookups that at least give a name of the user? Or do I need to go to the library to use the actual book?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2010, 06:35 AM

2,096 posts, read 3,807,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Are there any truly free reverse phone number lookups that at least give a name of the user? Or do I need to go to the library to use the actual book?

I've used all 3 of these and they're still free.

The Official WhitePages - Find People for Free

The Official WhitePages - Find People for Free

Yahoo! Search - People Search

Old 08-02-2010, 06:40 AM

1,492 posts, read 7,712,103 times
I use anywho...... anywho.com

Old 08-02-2010, 06:53 AM

Just tried the above mentioned.

The Official White Pages is not free.

Yahoo Search didn't provide anything but links to other searches that require payment.

Anywho didn't charge money but it didn't produce results.

An adult female who sounded like she was in her 40s was harrassing my teen on his cell phone a few days ago.

She called him three times in a row and demanding to know who HE was without saying who SHE was.

Thankfully, he didn't provide her with any information, but he felt uncomfortable enough to tell me about the calls.

I want to know what adult was calling my child and demanding that he reveal his identity.

Old 08-02-2010, 07:34 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,951,541 times
I think with cell phones, it's always going to say "cell phone" and not give a name. For that, you would have to pay I guess

Can you have the number blocked from his phone?

Old 08-02-2010, 08:02 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,154,207 times
Quote:

Yahoo Search didn't provide anything but links to other searches that require payment.

Anywho didn't charge money but it didn't produce results.

An adult female who sounded like she was in her 40s was harrassing my teen on his cell phone a few days ago.

She called him three times in a row and demanding to know who HE was without saying who SHE was.

Thankfully, he didn't provide her with any information, but he felt uncomfortable enough to tell me about the calls.

I want to know what adult was calling my child and demanding that he reveal his identity.
It is probably a recycled phone number from someone else. Either this is a collection company or a previous wife/girlfriend of the original owner of the number. Either block it entirely, or have him give you the phone the next time she calls so you can determine what is going on and request no future calls.

Old 08-02-2010, 08:13 AM

Most of the reverse phone number search engines say that it's a residential number. Anywho said it was a cell phone.

I doubt she'll call again. My son gave her a lecture on phone etiquette shen she last called. But I still want to know who it was.

I don't want to assume it was random without verifying.

Old 08-02-2010, 09:44 AM

2,096 posts, read 3,807,922 times
Quote:

Quote:
Are there any truly free reverse phone number lookups that at least give a name of the user?

In your OP you never mentioned anything about CELL phone reverse number. If it's a disposable cell you'll never be able to trace the name and all cell #'s you have to pay for the info.

Old 08-02-2010, 01:19 PM

I didn't mention if it's a cell phone because I don't know if it's a cell phone or not.

As I've shared in subsequent posts, most reverse search engines are saying it's a residential landline phone, only one is saying it's a cell phone.

It's definitely a Verizon, but nothing is specifically saying Verizon Wireless. Our area has Verizon landlines, which further complicates the issue.

The search engines give SOME information, but withholds the actual information I want for a fee.

I can tell the information that I want is definitely available. I could have the information if I want to pay for it.

I simply want to know if there is a free way to access the name.

For example, the Official White Pages has the information available, but it's not free.

Old 08-02-2010, 03:11 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,226,172 times
Have you tried just typing the number, with area code, into your search engine? If the number is a listed land line you should get the name.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search