Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2017, 03:03 PM

23,869 posts, read 33,575,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
Great story, Roselvr, and an excellent thread on the genealogy forum as well. I must have missed it when you started it back in August -- glad you pointed us to it here!

Mr Skin, you've invested so much time in your search. What harm would there be in giving the DNA testing route a try? And, the cost is reasonable enough.

Howard, as always, a great suggestion.
Thanks Rosie

We have a thread there with sales. I have a referral code post #5 that i'll add below that makes it $89. I just clicked on it, it says $79 in my ancestry cart, so it's cheaper then what I posted.

//www.city-data.com/forum/genea...-specials.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Ancestry DNA $89

If you order DNA; Topcashback and ebates give 7.5% cash back with each test. Join both sites then shop online like you normally would adding items to your cart. Once you're done open top cash back, type in the store/ website you're shopping at; it will give you the cash back link, next, hit your ebates cash back browser button, once activated go to your cart and check out. It's that easy.

Top cash back

Ebates - has a button you can add to your browser, thats the easiest way to use it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2017, 08:01 PM

197 posts, read 196,040 times
Just a re-cap of who I am looking for. That would be my birth mother...Mildred May Galvin date of birth 14 April 1928. Mildred was born in Waterbury, at St. Mary's Hospital. Her Father was William J. Galvin born in 1896. Her Mother was Jennie E. Ney born about 1898 +/- 2 yrs. The family is listed in the 1930 Census in Waterbury, CT at 67 Eastwood Ave. Listing shows 5 children Edward F., Donald C., Marie, Catherine and Mildred. I already have info on Mildred's siblings. Information is scarce for Mildred. In February of 1947 Mildred may have married my father Joseph L. Beausoleil also born in Waterbury, CT on June 17, 1925. Somehow the 1930 census for Edin Ave. in Waterbury, CT listed my father as Leon E. he was called Leon growing up, but at some point in time his name became Joseph L. Beausoleil (L. being Leon). I was also born at St. Mary's Hospital in Waterbury , CT on July 30, 1948. My birth mother was out of my life within 2 years of my birth. I never knew her. Research shows that she may have spent time during the 1950's in Cuba and or Windham, New York. I have discovered 6 new cousins due to research. Mildred's Brother Donald C. Galvin d.o.b January 1921 married a woman named Antoinette M.(No surname found) research indicates that they had a child or children, but I have not been able to find anywhere what their names may have been so as to try to make contact. Children of Edward, Catherine and Marie have been contacted by me this year. Questions will be accepted as long as they are not deemed too personal. Thanks

Old 11-04-2017, 12:23 AM

8,391 posts, read 7,650,636 times
Mr Skin
Earlier you noted that you were baptized in a Catholic Church. Have you asked the Church or relevant Diocese if they have a copy of the paperwork for that? I'm wondering if it might contain some additional information that might help you, such as whether your parents were married, or the last known address of your birth mother.
If you are planning to try the DNA test, it aso might be worthwhile to do some more research on your maternal grandparents so you can align any results with your family history. I looked today and on the 1910 Census found your grandmother, Jennie Ney listed at age 14 as a border living in Waterbury with a Louis Moore and a Jennie Moore. I thought I had a lead on your grandfather, William Galvin's family, but that turned out to be a false lead after more investigation. I know it seems like I am going in the opposite direction of the person you seek, but if you do do a DNA test, this angle might prove useful down the road.

Old 11-04-2017, 06:09 AM

14,481 posts, read 20,662,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Skin View Post
Just a re-cap of who I am looking for. That would be my birth mother...Mildred May Galvin date of birth 14 April 1928. Children of Edward, Catherine and Marie have been contacted by me this year.
Which children of Edward and Catherine have you contacted?

A general question is how many women named Mildred M. Galvin lived in CT in 1968-1969.
If the answer is one then there is still hope of finding that particular one.

Old 11-04-2017, 07:57 AM

23,869 posts, read 33,575,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Skin View Post
Just a re-cap of who I am looking for. That would be my birth mother...Mildred May Galvin date of birth 14 April 1928. Mildred was born in Waterbury, at St. Mary's Hospital. Her Father was William J. Galvin born in 1896. Her Mother was Jennie E. Ney born about 1898 +/- 2 yrs. The family is listed in the 1930 Census in Waterbury, CT at 67 Eastwood Ave. Listing shows 5 children Edward F., Donald C., Marie, Catherine and Mildred. I already have info on Mildred's siblings. Information is scarce for Mildred. In February of 1947 Mildred may have married my father Joseph L. Beausoleil also born in Waterbury, CT on June 17, 1925. Somehow the 1930 census for Edin Ave. in Waterbury, CT listed my father as Leon E. he was called Leon growing up, but at some point in time his name became Joseph L. Beausoleil (L. being Leon). I was also born at St. Mary's Hospital in Waterbury , CT on July 30, 1948. My birth mother was out of my life within 2 years of my birth. I never knew her. Research shows that she may have spent time during the 1950's in Cuba and or Windham, New York. I have discovered 6 new cousins due to research. Mildred's Brother Donald C. Galvin d.o.b January 1921 married a woman named Antoinette M.(No surname found) research indicates that they had a child or children, but I have not been able to find anywhere what their names may have been so as to try to make contact. Children of Edward, Catherine and Marie have been contacted by me this year. Questions will be accepted as long as they are not deemed too personal. Thanks
Have you checked obituaries? They were very helpful when researching my sons 3rd great grandfathers daughters. They gave their married name, some gave their husbands 1st name, and where they were living at the time of the relatives death.

Old 11-04-2017, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Mr Skin
Earlier you noted that you were baptized in a Catholic Church. Have you asked the Church or relevant Diocese if they have a copy of the paperwork for that? I'm wondering if it might contain some additional information that might help you, such as whether your parents were married, or the last known address of your birth mother.
If you are planning to try the DNA test, it aso might be worthwhile to do some more research on your maternal grandparents so you can align any results with your family history. I looked today and on the 1910 Census found your grandmother, Jennie Ney listed at age 14 as a border living in Waterbury with a Louis Moore and a Jennie Moore. I thought I had a lead on your grandfather, William Galvin's family, but that turned out to be a false lead after more investigation. I know it seems like I am going in the opposite direction of the person you seek, but if you do do a DNA test, this angle might prove useful down the road.
I Will try to look into my baptism papers. Church of choice for the Beausoleil family was St. Ann's.

I have not located child or children of Donald Clayton Galvin and Antoinette M Galvin who divorced. Court info mentioned child or children but not by name.

Old 11-04-2017, 10:23 AM

1,140 posts, read 2,075,798 times
A possibility for Donald's family...

Found a record of a Donald Clayton Galvin b 1952 -d 2013 E Hartford Ct

A sister, Patricia Ann Galvin passed in 2009 (age 60) in Hartford Ct.
Her obit mentions that her late father was Donald C Galvin so the Donald that
passed in 2013 was, in all likelihood, Donald Jr.

The obit also mentions a sister Diane M Jerome of E Hartford and brothers
Donald Galvin of E Hartford, James M Galvin of E Hartford and William J Galvin of Andover.

Mother is listed as Anne (Mainville) Galvin Humes of Sarasota Fl.

Edit: It appears that Anne is now back in Ct. Her brother Charles Mainville passed in 2013
and refers to Anne as being in E Hartford

Anne was born in Sept. 1924 which coincides with the date listed on the notice of divorce
between Donald C Galvin and wife listed as "Anto".

Last edited by ElizNJ; 11-04-2017 at 11:20 AM..

Old 11-04-2017, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizNJ View Post
A possibility for Donald's family...

Found a record of a Donald Clayton Galvin b 1952 -d 2013 E Hartford Ct

A sister, Patricia Ann Galvin passed in 2009 (age 60) in Hartford Ct.
Her obit mentions that her late father was Donald C Galvin so the Donald that
passed in 2013 was, in all likelihood, Donald Jr.

The obit also mentions a sister Diane M Jerome of E Hartford and brothers
Donald Galvin of E Hartford, James M Galvin of E Hartford and William J Galvin of Andover.

Mother is listed as Anne (Mainville) Galvin Humes of Sarasota Fl.

Edit: It appears that Anne is now back in Ct. Her brother Charles Mainville passed in 2013
and refers to Anne as being in E Hartford

Anne was born in Sept. 1924 which coincides with the date listed on the notice of divorce
between Donald C Galvin and wife listed as "Anto".

My Donald C. Galvin was born in 1921 and married to Antoinette M. Galvin (Maiden name not found). They divorced in Feb of 1974. Child or children were not mentioned by name. Would like to find that out so that I could possibly contact them. They would be cousins on My Mom's side.

Old 11-04-2017, 12:31 PM

8,391 posts, read 7,650,636 times
In case you do decide to do a DNA test, it might be helpful to add to your family tree. I know you have already identified your maternal grandparents names and dates, but I thought I'd take a stab at seeing if we could trace their siblings and parents. I guess it is always possible that a cousin of your mother's might have kept in touch with her.

Since you're an excellent researcher yourself, I'm sure you've already found this, but I did spot your grandmother, Jennie Ney, on the 1910 Census.

She was 14 and living with a Louis and Jennie Moore in Waterbury. The Ancestry transcribers appear to have made a mistake in transcribing the listing for Jennie Ney. They transcribed her relationship to the Moores as "boarder" but in looking at the actual written Census document, it appears to me that her relationship is actually daughter. That makes more sense, because a 14 year old probably wouldn't be a "boarder." According to the Census, Louis and Jennie Moore had been married for less than a year (under years married it has 0's in both their columns). Their ages, unfortunately, are not indicated.

But, it would appear that your great-grandmother's name was also Jennie.

Louis' occupation was listed as a cutter in a brass shop. Your great grandmother's occupation was listed as a time keeper for a dress shop. A time keeper, was, I believe similar to a book keeper.

The Census says your great-grandmother was also born in Connecticut. The Census also records both her father and her mother as having been born in Connecticut.

Just another tidbit for your family tree.

Here is the link to the 1910 Census report on Ancestry:

https://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/...=successSource

Louis and Jennie Moore were still alive and living in Waterbury in 1940. They are on the 1940 Census, shown as living on Easton Street in Waterbury. On the 1940 Census, her name is noted as Jennie B. Moore.

Her age is given as 63, so that would put her birth year at approximately 1877. Louis' age is given as 64, putting his birth year at approximately 1876.

In 1910, when we see Jennie, your grandmother, living with them on the Census, your great-grandmother would have been 43 (Louis would have been 44). I'm just noting that since the ages are missing on the Census.

I am also noting the information about Louis because it is often easier to find a man than a woman. Since they obviously were married for at least 20 years, finding out more about Louis will likely give some clues to your great-grandmother's life as well.

Last edited by RosieSD; 11-04-2017 at 12:42 PM..

Old 11-04-2017, 12:41 PM

Quote:
In case you do decide to do a DNA test, it might be helpful to add to your family tree. I know you have already identified your maternal grandparents names and dates, but I thought I'd take a stab at seeing if we could trace their siblings and parents. I guess it is always possible that a cousin of your mother's might have kept in touch with her.

Since you're an excellent researcher yourself, I'm sure you've already found this, but I did spot your grandmother, Jennie Ney, on the 1910 Census.

She was 14 and living with a Louis and Jennie Moore in Waterbury. The Ancestry transcribers appear to have made a mistake in transcribing the listing for Jennie Ney. They transcribed her relationship to the Moores as "boarder" but in looking at the actual written Census document, it appears to me that her relationship is actually daughter. That makes more sense, because a 14 year old probably wouldn't be a "boarder." According to the Census, Louis and Jennie Moore had been married for less than a year (under years married it has 0's in both their columns). Their ages, unfortunately, are not indicated.

But, it would appear that your great-grandmother's name was also Jennie.

Louis' occupation was listed as a cutter in a brass shop. Your great grandmother's occupation was listed as a time keeper for a dress shop. A time keeper, was, I believe similar to a book keeper.

Just another tidbit for your family tree.

Here is the link to the Census report on Ancestry:

https://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/...=successSource
Yes I had seen that earlier Census with Jennie Ney but did not delve into it as deeply as you have. Why do you think she had the last name Ney. Could her father or mothers name have been Ney and she was not actually the child of Louis Moore?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search