Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 10:22 AM

1,830 posts, read 5,350,868 times

Advertisements

You don't have enough information to justify paying someone. You will just lose your money.

You should talk to your father some more. He has the answers you need. Ask him to try to remember the letter Columbia sent. Her surname would have been in on the envelope. Maybe he will recall it if he thinks about it. Ask him, what was Columbia's ethnicity? Did she talk about family, giving names of siblings or parents? Did she talk about where she went to school? Any detail of her life might be helpful.

Talk to your mother - your father may have shared the story with her and she may remember more details.

The man who talked to the son when he came searching for your father - did you ever find him? Did your father know his name? Perhaps he lived at your father's previous address - the one Columbia knew when she wrote the letter. Even if the man moved, you may be able to find where he went. Start by speaking to the people who now live at that address - they might know.

Is it a small town with few hotels for the son to stay during his visit? Ask them to check their old registration records for a young American visiting at that time (ask your father for the year and month of the visit). Write down all the possible names and post them here. They might even have an address listed with the registration.

Get more information in Greece and we may be able to help you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2010, 12:57 AM

62 posts, read 103,004 times
Is it posible for me to change the display name of my post? i think it might help if i change it and put my fathers name, if my brother searches for him he will see his fathers name.

Moderator note: I changed the thread title and included your father's name.
Good luck
7th

Last edited by 7th generation; 03-30-2010 at 03:26 PM..

Old 03-31-2010, 02:38 AM

Thank you so much !!!

Old 04-22-2010, 05:40 AM

I belive the only posible way to find him is if my brother searches his fathers name and finds my post through his search.
I am starting to lose my hope having really nothing to go on...

Old 12-02-2011, 03:32 AM

I finally spoke to my mum about my search, she knew nothing about my father having a child before her. I also managed to find the name of the man that spoke to my brother. I havent yet found him tho, but people i have asked do know him and are helping me find his phone number so that i can contact him. I will post any new info i gather.

Old 12-05-2011, 04:15 AM

I just spoke to the man that spoke to my brother back in 1984, he told me that a young boy around the age of 18 had my fathers photo. He spoke to him and my brother told him he was searching for the man in the photo and told him he was his father. He asked him were Benitses is and the man directed him to my village Benitses. He has no other information to give me. I am right were i started. No new leeds to go on. Please if there is another way you can help i would be so greatful.

Old 12-05-2011, 12:24 PM

I searched again and didn't find anything new. I think your best bet is to keep a current email in your profile and check back occasionally. He went all the way to Greece to find his father... I think eventually he will try an internet search. And when he does, he will find this thread. We have threads on this forum where the person showed up five years later, but then we couldn't find the original poster. So make sure he can find you.

Old 12-06-2011, 01:59 AM

Is it posible hcgCali to add Spinoula right after Spinoulas on the thread title like this Please help me find my brother-my father's name is Dimitrios (James) Spinoulas - Spinoula so that if he searches for his father with or without the s on the last name he will find my post.
Thank you

Old 12-06-2011, 03:26 AM

You need to ask the mods if you want to change the title. However, the thread will still come up in a Google search of "Dimitrios Spinoula" even without changing the title because the name is here inside the thread. I just tried it and it comes up as the third listing on the results page.

Old 09-07-2013, 11:13 AM

1 posts, read 1,316 times
Hi my name is LaShanda Hawkins,I live in Brunswick,Ga. I have 2 sons and a daughter just before my 30 birthday my dad told me I have a brother that was given up to family and children services. I have 1 brother who is 31 and a half sister from my mother who is 36. every since he told me this earlier this year I have been searching for him but I don't know his name or his mothers name to go by. I do
o know that his mother is a white lady who my father told me was on drugs at the time of conception an her father was a capt. in the bwk police force but I don't know their name to search for him. I just hopes that 1 day he will see this and know that he has a sis an bro along with 1 neice and 4 nephews that he can call family. Also if this reaches him in time I just want him to know I love him even tho I have never met him!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search