Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2016, 02:35 PM

5,624 posts, read 6,870,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Go to Dave Ramsey events and turn on the charm.
His plan doesnt work for poor people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
That sounds like the worst place imaginable for a broke guy.
Exactly!

--------------
I would recommend OP splitting your rent over the 2-3 checks instead of taking it all out of one. See if that helps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2016, 04:28 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,669,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohky0815 View Post
His plan doesnt work for poor people...
OP's stated goal is to meet women who don't expect expensive dates.

Old 09-15-2016, 05:34 PM

1,193 posts, read 1,029,620 times
Quote:
I told my friend I may not date until the summer of 2018 and she was in shock. Two years can go pretty fast. It seemed like it was just 2012 and bamm here we are in 2016.

I say 2018 because by that time I will be out of debt and have higher savings

Old 09-15-2016, 10:53 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,548,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpm1 View Post
Ah, I have never heard of such arrangements TBH.

They do turn up on C-list, guy without roommates posts free or cheap rent to females only - often specifying a requirement that they be attractive - in exchange for (usually) help around the house (sometimes with a preference for a specific fetish or type of attire, e.g. French maid; and other mutually agreed (unspecified) activities.

These represent less than 1 percent of the CL roommate/shared posts, but they definitely exist.

Old 09-15-2016, 10:58 PM

Quote:

Not the usual post of the variety I mentioned, but as I post this, the following is the content of the most recent local CL post. One thing really weird about it is that it's posted by someone about 1,500 miles away:

Single male seeks female roommate/Girlfriend to start a new life with me in beautiful Denver Colorado and help me open up a sandwich shop in 2 years Call Will

Male seeks Female Roommate/Girlfriend Denver

Old 09-15-2016, 11:26 PM

Quote:

Here's one:

Hi. I'm offering free room and board to a female (with or without children). The house is located south of Portland. Have TV, Wi-Fi, air, an extra vehicle if you need one. Looking for someone open to a relationship. I'm 46. Nice guy. College educated. Athletic. Good job/career. Non-smoking. No drugs. Social drinker only.

Free Room (for female)

And another:

Middle-aged, career minded, Caucasian male, fit, active, handsome (so my female friends say!), emotionally and financially secure...looking for single, young at heart, positive, outgoing female, possible FWB (if the chemistry is right and the attraction is mutual) room mate/travel companion. Must appreciate music! Prefer you have job and own car! Willing to trade room/board for light housekeeping, some cooking (except bbqing, that's my area of expertise), laundry etc. and sometimes pet care when I am out of town. No hard drugs...social drinking and 420 ok! Please send recent pic. (a picture is worth 1,000 words). Serious inquiries only, please!

Vancouver Room/Board for Trade

Here's another, sometimes these ads are posted by women:

I'm a 40-year-old bi female looking for another bi female to live with us. My boyfriend travels a lot and I get very lonely plus it would be nice to have a girl around. There would be no one on one with my boyfriend at all. I need to be able to trust the female that lives in my home.
Your rent would be reasonable and it would include cable TV, Internet and utilities. You would be responsible for your own things personal things and food.
I know it is going to be hard to find somebody that agrees to this kind a relationship but I am hoping eventually I will. Please be DDF, we are. We are 420 friendLy.

Poly Relationship

Old 09-16-2016, 03:47 AM

107,229 posts, read 109,579,994 times
Quote:
They should try this dating technique . DOES THIS RAG SMELL LIKE CHLOROFORM TO YOU ? ha ha ha

Old 09-16-2016, 11:04 AM

4,003 posts, read 6,126,125 times
Start doing something outside of your 9-5 to make money. Do some freelancing or consulting, start a blog, start an online shop, etc. This is the only way you will ever get ahead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance