Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 11:51 AM

9,803 posts, read 16,237,446 times

Advertisements

Seems everyone who uses a credit card to buy ANYTHING always proclaim they pay the balance off every month.

I rarely hear ANYONE say they don't.

Makes me wonder why some of those same people carry 5 credit cards around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2009, 11:52 AM

412 posts, read 1,230,977 times
It is a bit annoying when they wait until the cashier is done ringing everything up and bagging it and THEN the pull out the checkbook and start writing the check! Ugh!

But I try not to let it bother me. ESPECIALLY when it is an "older" person - I try to have respect for elders as I might be one someday. By the time I am an "elder", I might be the old person sliding the "slow" debit card while the younger people have some computer chip in their arm or something LOL!

Old 03-01-2009, 11:56 AM

3,771 posts, read 7,114,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
I wonder if some of the irate posters here have road rage everytime the leave the store's parking lot.
I like to wait until the check-writer in question has finally left the store. I know I will have plenty of time to finish paying my bill and get to my car before the check-writer is finished loading her groceries because typically he/she is slow to accomplish other chores as well. I then note which exit they left from and follow their car to their home where I then... <cliffhanger>

Old 03-01-2009, 12:00 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,114,071 times
Quote:
Seems everyone who uses a credit card to buy ANYTHING always proclaim they pay the balance off every month.

Different credit cards give you different things. If I want to save up more miles for a trip, I use my credit card which gives better reward points for travel.

If I want to save up more points to get better deals on gift cards or cash-back, I use my other credit card.

Having 1 credit card only also doesn't build your credit as substantially as having 2-4 credit cards.

And I pay off my balance every month.

Old 03-01-2009, 12:01 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,271,936 times
Quote:

Most that claim to pay them off every month probably don't... Banks don't loan money for nothing...or maybe they do and that is why we are saving their butts.

Old 03-01-2009, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilmingtonangel View Post
It is a bit annoying when they wait until the cashier is done ringing everything up and bagging it and THEN the pull out the checkbook and start writing the check! Ugh!

But I try not to let it bother me. ESPECIALLY when it is an "older" person - I try to have respect for elders as I might be one someday. By the time I am an "elder", I might be the old person sliding the "slow" debit card while the younger people have some computer chip in their arm or something LOL!
LOL....where can I get an arm chip...LOL

Old 03-01-2009, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
When I see people writing checks, I wonder what century they are living in..! There is nothing wrong with checks, but check writers would find life much simplier if they took advantage of the modern world.
I pay for everything with a credit card. Even if i stop for a burger,it's CC. At the end of the month, I pay off the card with online banking. I think I wrote two checks last year.
Frankly, I often wonder why they even build banks anymore. All that is needed is a little "Grocery Store" type bank so you can open an account. Once opened, everything is done on line. I rarely ever go to the bank. All income sources are automatic deposit, all payments are online banking. Banks are as obsolete as writng checks.
Fear keeps people from trying new things. Conquer your fears, toss away the checkbook and get modern.
Then all of us A-holes will love you...
I'm living in the 21st century and they still allow checks. My life is as simple as it could be, probably much more than yours is. And I have no fears to conquer. Gee, I even have two of those computer things. I'm old and can even replace and re format a crashed hard drive, how's that for and OLD guy?

And they have built two new banks within three or four miles of my home and two more are going up now, so I guess the banking industry disagrees with you on that one.

My family still loves me , so no thanks, I need no A-holes to love me...(;>)= <<<<see I can even do one of those...

Old 03-01-2009, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddy4LyF View Post
I like to wait until the check-writer in question has finally left the store. I know I will have plenty of time to finish paying my bill and get to my car before the check-writer is finished loading her groceries because typically he/she is slow to accomplish other chores as well. I then note which exit they left from and follow their car to their home where I then... <cliffhanger>
<cliffhanger>

Be careful of who you follow home, where I live that old person may be packing...and you know how <cliffhanger>

Old 03-01-2009, 12:16 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,913,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilmingtonangel View Post
By the time I am an "elder", I might be the old person sliding the "slow" debit card while the younger people have some computer chip in their arm or something LOL!
LOL, i hear you. I, not being "old", feel kind of funny whenever i fill up at Exxon/Mobil. It seems like everyone around me is using the Speedpass thing, while i'm doing the "old-fashioned" method of sliding my debit card in and punching in a pin.

Old 03-01-2009, 12:20 PM

9,803 posts, read 16,237,446 times
Yup, everybody pays their credit card balance off every month.

Evidently my friend (who works for an abstract company that does home closings) must have lied when she said she NEVER did a closing that did not involve rolling over credit card debt in the re-financing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance