Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2016, 11:41 AM

9,380 posts, read 9,338,690 times

Advertisements

Office tower planned at long-empty lot near Philadelphia City Hall

Another parking lots bites the dust. Wonder who the tenants will be

Also, I was in Philadelphia over the weekend, I noticed the parking garage on Market St across from the Trader Joes is being demolished, is Brandywine moving forward with the tower they planned on the parcel?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2016, 11:54 AM

2,214 posts, read 5,093,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post

Also, I was in Philadelphia over the weekend, I noticed the parking garage on Market St across from the Trader Joes is being demolished, is Brandywine moving forward with the tower they planned on the parcel?
Building on that parking lot at 13th and Market is long overdue...

Old 12-20-2016, 05:51 AM

5,546 posts, read 6,874,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPP1999 View Post
Building on that parking lot at 13th and Market is long overdue...
Absolutely! I always forget about it and it surprises me when I'm on the north side of Market.

The tower has some character too. One thing I do like is when modern abuts older style architecture (when well done). One of the really cool things about Philly IMO.

Note: The architect is SOM. A relief that someone other than Bart and other local cronies is designing a tower in Philly. And SOM is much much better than the others. Hopefully, the podium and quality materials will stay unchanged.

Old 12-20-2016, 06:19 AM

10,787 posts, read 8,759,762 times
Quote:

FINALLY!!!!

That parking lot at 13th St has been there so long I've forgotten what used to be there years ago.

Garage across from Trader Joe's ? Didn't know Brandywine was involved in that stretch or Market St. Let's hope it does not stay empty for long.

Old 12-20-2016, 07:29 AM

Big Project Forthcoming at 3400 Market? | Naked Philly

Another prominent parking lot at 34th and Market is disappearing too! And I'm sure between Drexel, Penn, and all of the research centers in that area, this one will get recognized.

Old 12-20-2016, 07:41 AM

7,528 posts, read 10,259,737 times
Quote:

Another prominent parking lot at 34th and Market is disappearing too! And I'm sure between Drexel, Penn, and all of the research centers in that area, this one will get recognized.
Seems like the city is on fire. You're going to want to come back.

Was in UCity last night for a movie. The FMC tower was sporting its fancy blue lights when looking east. It's a fantastic addition to the cityscape.

Old 12-20-2016, 08:24 AM

Quote:

Good. The only one left is the one at 38th and Market.

Old 12-20-2016, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine to Vine View Post
Seems like the city is on fire. You're going to want to come back.

Was in UCity last night for a movie. The FMC tower was sporting its fancy blue lights when looking east. It's a fantastic addition to the cityscape.
FMC is essentially Cira Center South. There were supposed to be at least three towers that were going to mimic the original Cira
Center's geometry. Cira got build and the rest were, seemingly, stalled until the economic climate improved enough to complete the vision. So now there is Cira, Evo, FMC and, possibly, another tower next to Cira.

Old 12-20-2016, 09:13 AM

273 posts, read 207,077 times
Quote:
I believe Brandywine's plan is to turn this into a temporary parking lot before committing to the tower. Skyscraperpage has a discussion about it here: PHILADELPHIA | 2100 Market | 500 FT | 39 FLOORS - Page 5 - SkyscraperPage Forum

Old 12-20-2016, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mslhu View Post
I believe Brandywine's plan is to turn this into a temporary parking lot before committing to the tower. Skyscraperpage has a discussion about it here: PHILADELPHIA | 2100 Market | 500 FT | 39 FLOORS - Page 5 - SkyscraperPage Forum

I hope they get started soon. That stretch will look embarrassing with 2 whole blocks of parking lots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia