Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2019, 10:40 AM

9,380 posts, read 9,344,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJNEOA View Post
I'm glad it's 18 stories. Tall buildings do not necessarily make for a good street-level experience. Dialing back the stories will hopefully drive more demand for other properties to get developed nearby.
I just hope its a good looking building. I can live with 18 stories if it an A+ design. I also hope the demand is there for tenants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2019, 02:13 PM

1,303 posts, read 1,898,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
I just hope its a good looking building. I can live with 18 stories if it an A+ design. I also hope the demand is there for tenants.
Probably just another " Philly Style- Square Box."

Old 03-21-2019, 08:43 AM

Four Seasons Hotel begins massive recruitment in Philadelphia as hotel sector continues to grow

https://www.philly.com/business/hote...-20190321.html

Excited for 2 large hotel openings this year, the W and the 4 Seasons. Hope the hotel/ tourism industry continues to grow, and also that is provides opportunities for Philadelphians.

Old 03-21-2019, 09:15 AM

10,787 posts, read 8,764,274 times
Quote:
Four Seasons Hotel begins massive recruitment in Philadelphia as hotel sector continues to grow

https://www.philly.com/business/hote...-20190321.html

Excited for 2 large hotel openings this year, the W and the 4 Seasons. Hope the hotel/ tourism industry continues to grow, and also that is provides opportunities for Philadelphians.
Not sure if the W has been topped off yet.

Old 03-21-2019, 08:51 PM

377 posts, read 474,923 times
Quote:
“Developers were very smart when they rushed to invest and build hotels after 2015 when Philadelphia was awarded the first world heritage city in the nation,” noted Jamie Cooperstein, adjunct instructor at Drexel Center for Food and Hospitality Management.

“The city saw more international tourists after then. Philadelphia became a must stop and its position in American history got recognized,” Cooperstein said. “Before that, tourists may have just visited New York and D.C.”
Is there data that backs this up? Would be great if true.

Old 03-22-2019, 04:14 AM

14,187 posts, read 9,085,132 times
Quote:
Just read an interesting blog post that pointed out that our trophy office buildings are now changing hands at below replacement cost, even though they're commanding record-high sale prices.

That doesn't bode well for new office construction unless would-be tenants are falling over one another to locate in the area, as they appear to be at the U-City Science Center, er, uCity Square. (Seen 3675 Market yet? Way cool.)

Recall that someone proposed a speculative office building at the NWC of 13th and Market. That proposal's died.

Old 03-22-2019, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
Just read an interesting blog post that pointed out that our trophy office buildings are now changing hands at below replacement cost, even though they're commanding record-high sale prices.

That doesn't bode well for new office construction unless would-be tenants are falling over one another to locate in the area, as they appear to be at the U-City Science Center, er, uCity Square. (Seen 3675 Market yet? Way cool.)

Recall that someone proposed a speculative office building at the NWC of 13th and Market. That proposal's died.
U City is the only area where tenants seem to be lining up. I actually haven't been to Drexel or Penn in 2 years, I am due for a visit.

And I saw that 13th and Market is no more. That would have been an excellent project.

Old 03-22-2019, 11:13 AM

Quote:
U City is the only area where tenants seem to be lining up. I actually haven't been to Drexel or Penn in 2 years, I am due for a visit.

And I saw that 13th and Market is no more. That would have been an excellent project.
Penn/Drexel does look different. I think you will like it. Inspite of not much of going on yet with Schuykill Yards, the "connection" between CC and UC is approaching seemless, imo. I know some here do not like the new Aramark but I've grown to like it. At night it's cool. The FMC tower, Evo, Cira Center, IRS and 30th St Sta lit up.

I guess you know that the exterior work on 30th St Station is about complete.

Also Penn is developing their last remaining plot of land on campus at 40th/Walnut/Locust Walk.

Old 03-23-2019, 05:10 AM

Something political.

Cpomp will love this: Clarke is being challenged in the primary. I'm really impressed with the number of people trying to run.

Old 03-23-2019, 08:41 AM

7,529 posts, read 10,263,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyb01 View Post
Something political.

Cpomp will love this: Clarke is being challenged in the primary. I'm really impressed with the number of people trying to run.
Hard to believe he’ll lose, but wouldn’t that be sweet. Opposition against councilman prerogative has taken a pretty high profile in the run up to the primary. Maybe this next generation isn’t as complacent with political corruption.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia