Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2011, 09:13 AM

306 posts, read 436,574 times

Advertisements

I am relocating to the Philadelphia area and am looking to rent an apartment in Delaware County.

I would appreciate advice on which suburban towns/areas are good places to live.

What is important to me is being close to some basic services, within 45 minurtes of downtown and in a low crime area.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2011, 09:17 AM

3,391 posts, read 8,780,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movedoften View Post
I am relocating to the Philadelphia area and am looking to rent an apartment in Delaware County.

I would appreciate advice on which suburban towns/areas are good places to live.

What is important to me is being close to some basic services, within 45 minurtes of downtown and in a low crime area.

Thanks.
This thread has some info for you

//www.city-data.com/forum/phila...n-student.html

Old 07-22-2011, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryson662001 View Post
This thread has some info for you

//www.city-data.com/forum/phila...n-student.html
Thanks for the effort and I know you must have meant well but it really has nothing to do with my question.

To simplify, please point me in the direction of some nice towns/areas to live in that are located in Delaware County.

Thanks.

Old 07-22-2011, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movedoften View Post
Thanks for the effort and I know you must have meant well but it really has nothing to do with my question.

To simplify, please point me in the direction of some nice towns/areas to live in that are located in Delaware County.

Thanks.
I am confused. The thread in question is full of information about good and bad areas/towns in Delaware County.IE Darby, Upper Darby, Sharon Hill bad, Ridly, Aston, Norwood, Prospect Park ok, Media good. Did you read it? There are also more upscale towns. What is your price point?

Old 07-22-2011, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryson662001 View Post
I am confused. The thread in question is full of information about good and bad areas/towns in Delaware County.IE Darby, Upper Darby, Sharon Hill bad, Ridly, Aston, Norwood, Prospect Park ok, Media good. Did you read it? There are also more upscale towns. What is your price point?
Understood, it was more focused on buying a home and talking about every suburb in the area including NJ.

I have already done a search of old threads and am getting bits of imformation.

I am simply trying to get some specific info on a few nice towns to look into based on my criteria.

Budget is 1100-1200 for a one bedroom.

I appreciate your help.

Old 07-22-2011, 09:41 AM

584 posts, read 1,425,334 times
Delaware county is huge and there is great variability in what the various towns offer. If you can provide information on what you're looking for (beyond low crime and 45 minute proximity to the city) that will help folks give you guidance. E.g., What is your price range? Are schools a concern? Do you want access to public transport/trains? Or will you be looking for an area that will offer an easy drive? Do you want a town with a main street with access to restaurants/bars, etc?

Without knowing anything particular about you want, some of the nicest and definitely safe areas in Delaware County that also have really good schools, are Media, Middletown (also in the 19063 zip code with Media), Wallingford, Swarthmore, Havertown, Newtown Square, Broomall, Garnet Valley, Rutledge, Chadds Ford (likely beyond 45 minutes). If you're not so concerned about top schools you might also look at Drexel Hill, Springfield (decent schools), Ridley (decent schools), Norwood.

Old 07-22-2011, 09:44 AM

584 posts, read 1,425,334 times
Ok - you posted info your price range simultaneously with my post. For a 1 bed, that range will afford you a nice neighborhood. You might start looking at Media. Media offers a decent commute into Phila via either I-95 or Rte 1, to 76 (there are other side street routes you can take). There is also a regional rail line you can take to avoid driving altogether. It's a very safe area with a cute "downtown-y" main street with a Trader Joe's, shops, restaurants, bars, etc.

Old 07-22-2011, 10:43 AM

www.4wallsinphilly.com has some entrys from Delaware County. Avoid Darby, Upper Darby, Sharon Hill, Lansdowne and Chester.

Old 07-24-2011, 06:17 PM

9,380 posts, read 9,338,690 times
definately the media area is your best choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia