Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2012, 08:46 AM

21 posts, read 35,893 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,

My husband and I live in Feasterville-Trevose in an apartment building at the moment. I love the commute, but we would like to move to a better area for us. We really want a country feel and lots of green space (preferably close to a large natural park or forest or something - we also like to hike), but I work in center city so I need some convenient way to commute by train. Since we would like to start a family sometime in the future we are looking for a place with a good school district and a little bit of family feel (although the country feel is more important to us), a good crime rate of course, and not too hefty of a price of living (and price tags on houses). Any ideas?

Oh yes, and my husband works in Southampton so we need to stay in Bucks County. He commutes by car to work, I only commute by car to the train station, since I hate driving in the city.

Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2012, 10:58 AM

7,780 posts, read 21,880,174 times
How about Warminster? Close to southampton and the train goes right into CC from the Warminster station..

Quote:
Originally Posted by peepsy View Post
Hello everyone,

My husband and I live in Feasterville-Trevose in an apartment building at the moment. I love the commute, but we would like to move to a better area for us. We really want a country feel and lots of green space (preferably close to a large natural park or forest or something - we also like to hike), but I work in center city so I need some convenient way to commute by train. Since we would like to start a family sometime in the future we are looking for a place with a good school district and a little bit of family feel (although the country feel is more important to us), a good crime rate of course, and not too hefty of a price of living (and price tags on houses). Any ideas?

Oh yes, and my husband works in Southampton so we need to stay in Bucks County. He commutes by car to work, I only commute by car to the train station, since I hate driving in the city.

Thanks!!

Old 01-16-2012, 10:59 AM

22,378 posts, read 38,925,770 times
Look in the Chlafont area potentially for train access, a decent commute to lower Bucks and a more rural feel

Old 01-16-2012, 02:08 PM

21 posts, read 35,893 times
Frank, I live close to Warminster and have been there a bit but it still has too much of a suburban feel for us. We've thought about Yardley and places like that as well...

Kidphilly, thanks! We'll check out Chalfont.

Old 01-16-2012, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peepsy View Post
Frank, I live close to Warminster and have been there a bit but it still has too much of a suburban feel for us. We've thought about Yardley and places like that as well...

Kidphilly, thanks! We'll check out Chalfont.
Yardley and Chalfont are both very nice too. The regional rail lines go all the way out to Doylestown if you really want rural. Excellent schools and home stock and a small town feel.

Old 01-16-2012, 03:59 PM

1,339 posts, read 2,485,546 times
Warrington and Doylestown Twp both have a more country feel to them (once you get away from 611), but are slowly being suburbanized and do not have good train or road access to center city. aren't many places left that are rural yet are within a reasonable commute of the city, and those that are like that may not be like that 10 years from now.

Old 01-16-2012, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angus215 View Post
Warrington and Doylestown Twp both have a more country feel to them (once you get away from 611), but are slowly being suburbanized and do not have good train or road access to center city. aren't many places left that are rural yet are within a reasonable commute of the city, and those that are like that may not be like that 10 years from now.

True, those areas were *RURAL* when I was a kid. I'm talking bout farms and very few homes. Now look how they are built up. I can imagine how they are gonna be in about 20 years. The outer ring is always moving outward..

Old 01-16-2012, 09:09 PM

692 posts, read 2,351,737 times
When I think of a "country feel" I think of Buckingham Twp, Doylestown, Washington Crossing and Upper Makefield.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia