Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2013, 11:13 AM

1,339 posts, read 2,485,546 times

Advertisements

Interestingly enough, I remember a few decades ago when some malls were converting from outdoor to indoor, and now they're going back the other way.

The Montgomeryville Mall just tore down the old Boscov's so that a Wegman's could be built . . . which is obviously outside facing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2013, 03:46 PM

9,380 posts, read 9,338,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
Even Trophy malls like KOP have many empty stores. I remember back in 1995 when the new portion of the mall opened that connected the high end court to the plaza with all its new stores. that new portion is almost all empty.
Shopping malls need to re-invent themselves.

What portion are you talking about? I was at KoP last weekend. The recently torn down octagon shaped Strawbridge space next to Neiman Marcus was almost immediately filled up with upscale stores such as Diesal, Bachrach, and Saint Laurent Paris.

I think I saw a few vacant fronts in the entire mall, that had coming soon stores signs up. Kop is the exception when it comes to malls due the fact that it is an upscale shopping mecca. Granite Run has no upscale options, is easily accessed by Septa bus routes and was neglected by management. I think the granite run complex could become a mini kop center if given some TLC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia