Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2015, 09:37 PM

2,471 posts, read 4,020,976 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
City Hall is not very appealing and kills the atmosphere
City hall is one of the most amazing buildings I've seen in the entire world. You have terrible taste. Go eat a footlong under a bridge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2015, 09:51 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,042,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillies2011 View Post
City hall is one of the most amazing buildings I've seen in the entire world. You have terrible taste. Go eat a footlong under a bridge.
Sorry the Ice Skating rink and the city hall building is just a bad combination. Not enough the flash around the rink which looks to be too small. I"m going to Penn's Landing in a few weeks to enjoy the lit up and gorgeous ambiance it has to offer

Old 01-02-2015, 10:01 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,886,422 times
Quote:
Sorry the Ice Skating rink and the city hall building is just a bad combination. Not enough the flash around the rink which looks to be too small. I"m going to Penn's Landing in a few weeks to enjoy the lit up and gorgeous ambiance it has to offer
There you go.

Old 01-02-2015, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
There you go.
I got all my friends excited when I posted your picture of the Penn's Landing rink on facebook LOL They was like....."That is beautiful"

Old 01-02-2015, 10:06 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,886,422 times
Quote:
I got all my friends excited when I posted your picture of the Penn's Landing rink on facebook LOL They was like....."That is beautiful"
Awwww your welcome.

Old 01-04-2015, 06:51 AM

5,546 posts, read 6,879,166 times
The only issue I have with the ice rink at City Hall is that it's so small. And while Penn's Landing has a great atmosphere, I do very much like the environment at City Hall too. The cafe, the seating, the lights, the building itself...all make for a great spot to stop hang-out for a bit.

Old 01-04-2015, 08:34 AM

2,869 posts, read 4,455,039 times
Here are some photos of the City Hall skating rink in Toronto.

Obviously, the rink was a part of the original design, when the City Hall was built in 1965. In summer, it is a one foot deep reflecting pool. In winter it is a free skating attraction.

The building with the clock tower in the background is the Old City Hall, built in 1897. It is now the central criminal courts building. The new City Hall is the twin towers building to the north of Nathan Phillips Square, which was named after our first Jewish Mayor.

link https://www.google.ca/search?q=toron...w&ved=0CC0QsAQ

Toronto also has a number of other Public skating locations in the city. Here are some photos of them.

link Outdoor Rinks - Recreation Facilities - Recreation Programs & Registration | City of Toronto

Jim B. In Toronto.

Old 01-04-2015, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian citizen View Post
Here are some photos of the City Hall skating rink in Toronto.

Obviously, the rink was a part of the original design, when the City Hall was built in 1965. In summer, it is a one foot deep reflecting pool. In winter it is a free skating attraction.

The building with the clock tower in the background is the Old City Hall, built in 1897. It is now the central criminal courts building. The new City Hall is the twin towers building to the north of Nathan Phillips Square, which was named after our first Jewish Mayor.

link https://www.google.ca/search?q=toron...w&ved=0CC0QsAQ

Toronto also has a number of other Public skating locations in the city. Here are some photos of them.

link Outdoor Rinks - Recreation Facilities - Recreation Programs & Registration | City of Toronto

Jim B. In Toronto.

Im sorry the building just kills the atmosphere of the skating rink

Old 01-05-2015, 06:39 AM

2,869 posts, read 4,455,039 times
I am curious..........Which building are you talking about ?

Jim B. In Toronto.

Old 01-05-2015, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian citizen View Post
I am curious..........Which building are you talking about ?

Jim B. In Toronto.

The city hall building in toronto
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
View detailed profiles of: