Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2019, 08:34 PM

111 posts, read 68,721 times

Advertisements

Feb. 3, 2019 update:

My senior neighbor has procured a room, with shared kitchen and bathroom in a three-story house along Germantown Ave in Mt. Airy, Philadelphia. She signed the contract (good through August 2019) on Feb. 3. This is just until she is accepted into a senior housing facility. Once she is settled in, she plans to take free computer classes for seniors at Lovett Library.

Thanks to all who gave suggestions for housing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2019, 07:38 AM

744 posts, read 775,614 times
Glad things have worked out for her! Thank you for putting in the time and effort to help her. It certainly isn't good for the City to have people like her homeless.

Old 02-04-2019, 11:42 AM

111 posts, read 68,721 times
This experience makes me more all the appreciative to have a house, fully paid for!

I will now continue to help her find loving homes for her remaining five male cats. She moves this Friday (Feb. 8), and the new room does not allow any pets. We're hustling to get the cats secured. ACCT, SPCA, Forgotten Cats all want to charge my neighbor "surrender" fees. Well, she just put out $900 for the room, so she's strapped.

With her permission, I posted a "FREE" ad, with picture, for the one Siamese-looking cat on our local NextDoor.com forum; we've already garnered interest from six neighbors for this particular cat.

If I can get pics of her other male cats, I'll post their pics as well to the NextDoor forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia