Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2020, 12:24 PM

6,844 posts, read 3,961,640 times

Advertisements

Once they have friends, kids don't care about back yards. Adults do for privacy, but kids don't care to play in the yard. They visit or host friends, play in the street, play in their rooms, use their cell phones continuously, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2020, 09:39 AM

32,940 posts, read 36,369,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobspez View Post
Once they have friends, kids don't care about back yards. Adults do for privacy, but kids don't care to play in the yard. They visit or host friends, play in the street, play in their rooms, use their cell phones continuously, etc.
We had a tree house, a fire pit, and - because of my husband's job - the best internet service available. I had to take inventory and threaten to call their mom to get them to leave.

Old 01-29-2021, 09:31 PM

1 posts, read 246 times
As a life long PA resident from Philly just make sure you're careful where you go. A lot of new million dollar homes are going up in "trendy" neighborhoods where there are still murders going on. I only mention this because you have kids and Philly had it's worst year for homicide in over a decade this year so just be aware of that if you are considering really moving into the city city.

Now that I'm done scaring you, the Chestnut Hill section is absolutely gorgeous. East Falls, Manayunk, Roxborough, Society Hill and University City are good areas too. There are other upcoming neighborhoods in South Philly but it's the most dense part of the city and it has some of the worst neighborhoods too so I'd stay away.

For something a little more toned down but not dead check out some of the cooler suburbs.. they're like mini Philly's without the extreme crime, and you still can be in center city in 30 minutes or less....
Media
West Chester
Conshohocken
Balacynwd
Bryn Mawr
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia