Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2022, 07:37 PM

1,170 posts, read 600,873 times

Advertisements

I am usually disinterested in baseball because the team I primarily cheer for is is terrible year after year. Though I do root for the Phillies as well, total bandwagon. I don't think I watched a total of 9 inning of baseball all season but did watch all the the NLCS. My God was ever entertaining. Houston (I presume) will be a bear but how can someone not enjoy watching a team slug their way back into every game?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2022, 06:37 AM

7,743 posts, read 5,553,996 times
What a great night for the city. So many corners of the city had large celebrations. Truly one of the great sports in the world.

Old 10-24-2022, 07:45 AM

7,303 posts, read 10,654,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
What a great night for the city. So many corners of the city had large celebrations. Truly one of the great sports in the world.
Great shot! I've seen many great pictures/videos of celebration all over social media, and thankfully nothing escalating into something embarrassing involving burned vehicles or horse manure.

So happy for the Phils and for the city. A much-needed psychological boost!

Old 10-24-2022, 08:29 AM

1,422 posts, read 940,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muinteoir View Post
And the Eagles are off to a great start. It's a good year to be a Philly sports fan.
Don't leave out the Union. I was in the River End for the playoff win Thursday, and they are hosting the Eastern Conference final for the second year in a row (although they were forced to play with a JV team last year due to Covid outbreak in the team) with a chance to host the MLS Cup if LAFC loses to Austin.

Old 10-24-2022, 04:18 PM

I laughed way to hard at this video. Disclaimer to anyone unfamiliar with Crossing Broad, it's like the local version of Barstool Sports. So profanity is used

Old 10-25-2022, 03:31 AM

2,212 posts, read 1,469,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
Manayunk was wild too. I'm not nearly as into baseball as I am football, but I love seeing my fellow Philadelphians so happy. And yes, this sports season is definitely the morale boost we've needed.

Old 10-25-2022, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muinteoir View Post
Manayunk was wild too. I'm not nearly as into baseball as I am football, but I love seeing my fellow Philadelphians so happy. And yes, this sports season is definitely the morale boost we've needed.

Steve Keeley, Wawa, and the GOP are pissed too. People are realizing their citizen's for insanity commercials is chicken little nonsense.

Old 10-25-2022, 05:47 PM

2,269 posts, read 7,602,605 times
It's amazing how watching baseball in the regular season is like watching paint dry. But, once the playoffs start, it's entirely. I had forgotten that feeling of waiting for every pitch either with great anticipation or great fear.

Old 10-25-2022, 09:39 PM

1,170 posts, read 600,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmarlig View Post
It's amazing how watching baseball in the regular season is like watching paint dry. But, once the playoffs start, it's entirely. I had forgotten that feeling of waiting for every pitch either with great anticipation or great fear.

I couldn't agree more. The Harper HR, if that had happened in July I wouldn't have blinked. I literally jumped out of my chair when I saw that, and I am as fair weather as they come.

On a separate note, we should appreciate good broadcasting when we see it. We all remember Joe Buck struggling to be excited over the David Tyree catch. The flip side is "the swing of his life" line. Who knows how it will end but this feels entirely different than 08-09 because it is so unexpected.

Last edited by Tweb66; 10-25-2022 at 09:43 PM.. Reason: last paragraph

Old 10-26-2022, 12:48 PM

754 posts, read 466,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmarlig View Post
You hit the nail on the head. Playoff baseball can be so stressful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia