Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 04:58 PM

1,943 posts, read 6,984,822 times

Advertisements

There are so many good restaurants in Philly. There are good restaurants in Chinatown but most restaurants there are more greasy spoon type places. Good if you're in for a quick bite of authentic Chinese workingman's food. The better restaurants there tend to be of other asian varieties or east/west fusion - Vietnam, for instance, is awesome. I'm really into Yakitori Boy lately which specializes in what they call, "Japas", a riff on tapas. So it's a tapas stlye menu but . . . there's a restaurant downstairs and a pretty posh karaoke bar with private karaoke rooms upstairs.

There is good ethnic food all over the city but to me there's no better place go than to South Philly on Washington Ave. between 6th & 11th Streets. Vietnamese, Chinese, Thai, Italian, Mexican, and Lebanese.

That goes for Bella Vista which is just north of Washington Ave. and Passyunk Square which is just south. In BV the restaurants are scattered about but all between 6th & 10th. Passyunk Square has the big Vietnamese Pho houses as well as the more locally famous places like Nam Phuong and Cafe de Laos. There are also a lot more casual places on 9th St., 11th St., and on Passyunk Ave.

The East Passyunk Crossing neighborhood has great Italian places, some BYO, some not. You'll find most of the restuarants down there right on the Ave. between Dickinson and McKean.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2008, 08:16 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,303,143 times
Cool! That "Japas" sounds really interesting. I'll add your input to my notes, too. I already have so many good suggestions that there would be no excuse now for me to not enjoy a good meal. :-)

Old 09-10-2008, 09:43 PM

3,391 posts, read 8,781,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesbabe View Post
Hey, that's a great idea! Thanks for the tip!
I checked and the adult price is 27.00 usd for the whole day. Not only do they explain all the sights as you pass but you can get off at any stop to sightsee and then get on the next trolly that comes buy. It covers a pretty large area that you would never see on your own. Ride all day if you want.

Old 09-10-2008, 09:45 PM

718 posts, read 2,325,522 times
Ive met Philadelphia people who go bananas over the Olive Garden, so you have to watch who you take your advice from!

Old 09-11-2008, 05:01 AM

3,391 posts, read 8,781,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DITC View Post
Ive met Philadelphia people who go bananas over the Olive Garden, so you have to watch who you take your advice from!
I have met people from other places who like Olive Garden. I think some of them must be better than others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia