Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 04:56 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by castigs View Post
Ok, McNabb isn't the bum some like to call him, but he's no Hall of famer (at least not yet, he could get there someday but not nearly yet) he plays in the short passing game of the wco, yet has a sub 60% completion ratio, he's never been the best 1 or 2 quaterbacks in the league at any point in his career, and lets face it he still has no Super Bowl trophy to mitigate those shortcomings.

He led his team to five straight playoff appearances including 4 straight NFC championship and the SB appearance. Plus he has the most TD and wins in Eagles History as a starting QB. Also he has led his team to a total of five NFC Championships.

And guess what? I'm not a Eagles fan and know all this. Do I need to say anymore?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2009, 06:27 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,289,211 times
I can't believe Eagles fans don't give McNabb more respect. He has done more with less talent than any other QB in the league. Guys like Brady, Warner and Manning have Pro-Bowl WR's and TE's. McNabb gets one legitimate WR in TO and he threw for nearly 30 TD's that year and he would have had TO not gotten injured that same season. The guy was practically your entire offense when you went to those early NFC championship games because he was running and throwing. The guy can throw deep but he lacks the WR's to get open deep and he plays in Andy Reid's west coast offense. Funny but playing the west coast offense never got other great QB's criticized but somehow McNabb is marginalized for playing in it. I have no idea why he chose to remain in Philadelphia. If I was him, I would have left for a team with more weapons. THe fans in Philly are loyal but your owner is incredibly cheap. You should have won a Superbowl by now and it has a lot to do with him. Imagine if Philly instead of New England gave more than a 4th round pick for Randy Moss.

Last edited by azriverfan.; 09-10-2009 at 07:07 PM..

Old 09-10-2009, 06:35 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,289,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottrpriester View Post
I agree with you 100 percent. I followed pro sports mostly when I was younger (pre teen, teen, high school years). I'm 39 now, and I'm an avid runner and mountain biker, but watching some of the so called "athletes" today is a joke. People like Michael Vick, Santonio Holmes, any of them that make the press for poor behavior and activity. They are a disgrace to those who made the sports admirable before them. But what you said about the culture is spot on. More and more every day, it is clear to me why the rest of the world looks at our country and laughs.
You obviously haven't spent much time in Europe. Compared to soccer fans, football fans are tame. Soccer hooligans actually destroy stadiums and violence in the stands(including deaths) is not uncommon there. Soccer may be a wussy sport but Europeans make it a religion and will get extremely hostile whereas in America, we are passionate and enjoy hazing opposing fans but know where to draw the line. In Croatia for example, groups of fans were hold up large Nazi flags with swastikas because they were playing a Middle Eastern team. In France, their best player is Black and their own fans threw bananas on the field and stuffed animal monkeys on the field not to mention chanting monkey. The racism is open there. It's ridiculous. ESPN's Jeremy Schapp did a piece on the overt racism in soccer, watch it for yourself

YouTube - European Racism

Old 09-15-2009, 11:13 PM

223 posts, read 829,069 times
There are not to many thugs at Eagles games. The crowd mostly looks like white collar or blue collar people at a Eagles game. Philly fans do talk their share of smack. I don't know about being scared about getting beat up at a Eagles game. Jets games and Raiders games you do kind of get that feeling like maybe I will get into a fight today wearing another teams jersey.

But philly always gets all the attention when their fans act up. My friend told me that its always in the paper or in the news when theirs a fight or the fans act up in philly, its almost like the city promotes their fans acting up which makes no sense at all. Their has been plenty of fights and other incidents at Jets and Giants games but your not going to see these incidents in the New York Times! If anything New York wouldn't want these problems getting out into the media.

Mcnabb dose deserve more respect in Philly! However Eli Manning won a Super Bowl for the Giants and he dosen't get much respect in New York, fans still complain about him not being able to throw the ball into the wind.

Yankee fans are rough. Alot of them that come to the games look like mobsters or thugs right of the streets of the Bronx. When Yankess and Red Sox play the fans get crazy on both sides. I know a girl who got into a verbal fight on the train with a Red Sox fan because she had a Red Sox's hat on and my friend is a Yankee fan. A couple of years back a crazy Yankee fan ran over a Red Sox fan with his car and killed him. Not to smart!!!

However I really don't like the Yankess! I know we suck right now but Go METS!!!

Old 09-16-2009, 01:48 AM

110 posts, read 101,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
Sincere question to Eagles fans, do you think your fans are the most indimidating in the NFL. I've heard people in Philadelphia are scared to go to their own games because their own fans are a little thug-like. How true is that? I've heard Eagles fans are scarier than Raiders fans. One Eagle fan told me he poured a beer on his own fan becuse he wore the wrong colors to the game and didn't wear enough green.
Not to a NY Giants fan. Mcnabb can’t do anything as long as Osi and Tuck are at the two defensive ends spots for the GMEN!!!

Old 09-16-2009, 01:56 AM

4,515 posts, read 9,695,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lugger View Post
There are not to many thugs at Eagles games. The crowd mostly looks like white collar or blue collar people at a Eagles game. Philly fans do talk their share of smack. I don't know about being scared about getting beat up at a Eagles game. Jets games and Raiders games you do kind of get that feeling like maybe I will get into a fight today wearing another teams jersey.

But philly always gets all the attention when their fans act up. My friend told me that its always in the paper or in the news when theirs a fight or the fans act up in philly, its almost like the city promotes their fans acting up which makes no sense at all. Their has been plenty of fights and other incidents at Jets and Giants games but your not going to see these incidents in the New York Times! If anything New York wouldn't want these problems getting out into the media.

Mcnabb dose deserve more respect in Philly! However Eli Manning won a Super Bowl for the Giants and he dosen't get much respect in New York, fans still complain about him not being able to throw the ball into the wind.

Yankee fans are rough. Alot of them that come to the games look like mobsters or thugs right of the streets of the Bronx. When Yankess and Red Sox play the fans get crazy on both sides. I know a girl who got into a verbal fight on the train with a Red Sox fan because she had a Red Sox's hat on and my friend is a Yankee fan. A couple of years back a crazy Yankee fan ran over a Red Sox fan with his car and killed him. Not to smart!!!

However I really don't like the Yankess! I know we suck right now but Go METS!!!

You speak the Truth. They do not call it The Bronx AKA The Jungle, for nothing. The Yankees fans do not play in The Bronx. If a Boston Redsox fan say something smart about the Yankees is going to be on. LOL Mets BOOOO lol. Is ok though I like all my NY teams!

Old 09-16-2009, 04:36 AM

32,920 posts, read 36,316,341 times
Don't get around much? I was going to ask azriverfan about the soccer fan comment, but I see that it is pertinent. Yes, American football fans are an embarrassment. They don't drink enough, can't hold their liquor, go and throw up instead of using their beer guts to be more enthusiastic fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loose cannon View Post
I am against the whole football culture. It is an embarassment to our Country. Tailgate, yell, puke repeat. It is disgusting. I do not bother with it. If the Eagles win it is nice. If they lose, the sun comes up tommorrow.

Old 09-16-2009, 04:02 PM

3,520 posts, read 9,235,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
They don't appreciate a Hall of Fame QB like Mcnabb
McNabb has been a very good quarterback, but he's no Hall of Famer IMO. Though McNabb played a significant role in the Eagles' success in this decade, the defense played an even bigger role IMO. Many of the years McNabb had good seasons, the Eagles had a solid running game, even if it was underutilized. I do agree McNabb has not had great receivers to work with besides Terrell Owens. McNabb also is a quarterback who is not good at leading comebacks when a team is behind, unlike many genuinely great quarterbacks.

Old 09-16-2009, 04:54 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHIP72 View Post
McNabb has been a very good quarterback, but he's no Hall of Famer IMO. Though McNabb played a significant role in the Eagles' success in this decade, the defense played an even bigger role IMO. Many of the years McNabb had good seasons, the Eagles had a solid running game, even if it was underutilized. I do agree McNabb has not had great receivers to work with besides Terrell Owens. McNabb also is a quarterback who is not good at leading comebacks when a team is behind, unlike many genuinely great quarterbacks.

Eagles down 24-6 in NFC Championship and then Mcnabb leads them to 25-24 lead? Who lost the game? the Defense?

Old 09-16-2009, 04:59 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,687,243 times
First of all it's Iggles and as Charles Barklay said "it's the one place that people will buy season tickets just to come and boo you". It keeps the stands full

Last edited by Boompa; 09-16-2009 at 05:09 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia