Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 08:16 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,688,650 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
I have not stated that I don't believe they were human, they certainly were human, but they were not like modernday humans, I certainly disagree with that.
So on one hand you say you want to learn, yet then you bust out with a statement like the one above, where you obviously are misinformed on the subject. Learn something. Go take some classes or do some research. Learn about the subject and then present logical reasons why you think Neanderthal and Cro-Magnon weren't human beings.

Quote:
And they were not like Apes either, I do not believe humans to be continious with the idiot hiearchy of speechless apes. We are unique in our creation.
Humans ARE apes. We are hominidae, also known as the great apes, right along with gorillas, chimpanzees, and orangutans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2010, 08:22 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,757,440 times
Quote:
Well I hold no intrest in trading insults with you, but I understand your position. However, I think differently. In my view, Primordal man was not advanced, and they had plenty of time to advance. When a race of humans live 250,000 years with little or no change, in my view, that reveals something about their consciousness. I begin to think they had none, rather a high level of " Instinct", and from that they made their art, primitive weapons, tools ect... I totally disagree that they had religion, I certainly disagree with that.

I also totally disagree that we interbreeded with them, I believe they all died out before God created Adam, they were simply " Discontinued." Which makes me wonder why God even created them, I mean for what purpose?

Peace.
Ah, I see. Well, there are strong indications of religious thought and belief, though not that you would recognise as 'religion' in your experience.

The indications of trading, society, communication, quite impressive Art (google Lascaux and Altimiran) and technology certainly cannot be put down to mere 'instinct'.

It took time, but that isn't surprising. The whole story from Pre- cambrian blob to Post Nuclear clod has been one of steadily increasing rapidity of development and complexity. You only have to look at the time from Biplane to Jet - backward, and then automobile back to carriage and then steam engine back to iron tools and back to stone tools. The time periods stretch out and man is just the last few inches on the computer - roll of the history of life.

So I'd say you are wrong is suggesting that their slowness in development is indicative of lack of the sort of brainpower we have. I'd say you are wrong in suggesting that Palaeolithic culture could be just 'instinct' and wrong in saying they had no religious ideas.

I believe the genetic indicators are that they are our ancestors. Interbreeding with then is a fey way of putting it when we are evidentially descended from them. They did not die out. Apparently the Neanderthals did, but not our ancestors. If I understood your previous post correctly, you suggested that they WERE our ancestors but were given 'consciousness' (the 'Adam' - event) at some particular time. However as you say, what was the purpose of creating them if it was just to die out - same argument for the other extinct prehistoric creatures.

No. I'd suggest you put aside Adam as a red Herring. Development and extinction makes perfect sense in evolutrionary terms but NO sense in Biblical terms.

Old 12-23-2010, 08:29 AM

5,298 posts, read 4,594,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
So on one hand you say you want to learn, yet then you bust out with a statement like the one above, where you obviously are misinformed on the subject. Learn something. Go take some classes or do some research. Learn about the subject and then present logical reasons why you think Neanderthal and Cro-Magnon weren't human beings.

Humans ARE apes. We are hominidae, also known as the great apes, right along with gorillas, chimpanzees, and orangutans.

I believe totally that Neanderthals and Cromagnon were humans, and have not stated otherwise, so I do not understand your persistance that I have suggested otherwise. I don't believe they were conscious as we are conscious. They didnot think as we think, I believe they thought more " Animal Like."

Humans are not Apes, apes are not conscious beings. And there is no fossil records of any ape changing into a human being, none! Humans can only breed humans, apes can only breed apes. Evolution cannot come from " Crossbreeding." A horse and A donkey can have a " Mule" if you breed them, but the mule will always be " Sterile" and can never reproduce. It is impossible for two apes to breed and produce a human. Thats just nonsensical. Two humans cannot produce an ape.

But that gets into evolution, the endless belief of many, of which I certainly disagree with. In fact, Primordal man not having consciousness, is just as ignored and unbelieved as creation is. We are being swept with unreason.

Peace.

Old 12-23-2010, 08:39 AM

5,298 posts, read 4,594,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
Ah, I see. Well, there are strong indications of religious thought and belief, though not that you would recognise as 'religion' in your experience.

The indications of trading, society, communication, quite impressive Art (google Lascaux and Altimiran) and technology certainly cannot be put down to mere 'instinct'.

It took time, but that isn't surprising. The whole story from Pre- cambrian blob to Post Nuclear clod has been one of steadily increasing rapidity of development and complexity. You only have to look at the time from Biplane to Jet - backward, and then automobile back to carriage and then steam engine back to iron tools and back to stone tools. The time periods stretch out and man is just the last few inches on the computer - roll of the history of life.

So I'd say you are wrong is suggesting that their slowness in development is indicative of lack of the sort of brainpower we have. I'd say you are wrong in suggesting that Palaeolithic culture could be just 'instinct' and wrong in saying they had no religious ideas.

I believe the genetic indicators are that they are our ancestors. Interbreeding with then is a fey way of putting it when we are evidentially descended from them. They did not die out. Apparently the Neanderthals did, but not our ancestors. If I understood your previous post correctly, you suggested that they WERE our ancestors but were given 'consciousness' (the 'Adam' - event) at some particular time. However as you say, what was the purpose of creating them if it was just to die out - same argument for the other extinct prehistoric creatures.

No. I'd suggest you put aside Adam as a red Herring. Development and extinction makes perfect sense in evolutrionary terms but NO sense in Biblical terms.

I would say their lack of development is the indicator of no brain power. Between their ears, it was nothing there! No Spirit of Consciousness in them. Why that was, I simply don't know. Even our presentday uncivilized tribes have language, agriculture, wars, religions, primordal man had none of these. I have seen no evidence of it.

Peace.

Old 12-23-2010, 08:43 AM

Quote:
I believe totally that Neanderthals and Cromagnon were humans, and have not stated otherwise, so I do not understand your persistance that I have suggested otherwise. I don't believe they were conscious as we are conscious. They didnot think as we think, I believe they thought more " Animal Like."

Humans are not Apes, apes are not conscious beings. And there is no fossil records of any ape changing into a human being, none! Humans can only breed humans, apes can only breed apes. Evolution cannot come from " Crossbreeding." A horse and A donkey can have a " Mule" if you breed them, but the mule will always be " Sterile" and can never reproduce. It is impossible for two apes to breed and produce a human. Thats just nonsensical. Two humans cannot produce an ape.

But that gets into evolution, the endless belief of many, of which I certainly disagree with. In fact, Primordal man not having consciousness, is just as ignored and unbelieved as creation is. We are being swept with unreason.

Peace.
It's very sad, the more you post the more ignorance you flaunt about the topic of evolution. You have absolutely no understanding of it whatsoever.

Yes, humans ARE APES. But, since you lack even the most rudimentary understanding of the subject, this is where I pat you on the head, give you a lollipop and tell you to run outside and ride bikes with your little friends.

Old 12-23-2010, 08:46 AM

3,763 posts, read 12,556,581 times
So - what you seem to be looking for is: If God created everything, (and apparently he did in your belief system?) why did he create archaic hominid species (i.e. Neanderthal and the new cool one they found in Siberia) if they served no purpose?

Maybe since God had apparently not created "Man"yet (the one that has conciousness that you're talking about) - he needed someone else to start to get the Earth ready for Man? You know, invent fire and learn to hunt and figure out how to make clothing out of hides and everything else so that when Man (with conciousness) arrived he'd be able to learn some surival skills?

Or - maybe just accept the fact that in your belief system, there's no room for archaic hominids.

That's okay. Plenty of other people have decided the same thing.

Me, not so much, but you and I very likely don't share the same belief system.

Old 12-23-2010, 08:50 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,868,840 times
Quote:
Oh boy!! It just doesn't get any better does it folks.

Old 12-23-2010, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Oh boy!! It just doesn't get any better does it folks.
...and yet he claims he wants to learn something. Looks like he's already made up his mind, and is intent on NOT learning anything.

Old 12-23-2010, 09:56 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,829,632 times
Quote:
The more I look at Primordal man and what Archaeology has unearthed, I keep telling myself that I just don't see sure signs of consciousness in them, which is unusual. I believe they existed, I believe that God created them, I am just not sure as to why! I don't believe that Adam was the " First man created", but the bible hints at that, so I begin to reason that he was the first man " Created with Consciousness", which is what I think the " Image of God is-- Consciousness."

When God gave Adam consciousness, it was then I believe civilization of humans began. I then consider these things as " Signs of Consciousness"- Civilization, agriculture, Language, Religion, science, transportation, Education and so on, none of which Primordal man displayed in a manner that we can trace. Which is perplexing to me.

Peace.
Plenty of studies argue the great apes of today are self-aware. If they are, humans have had some level of self conciousness for millions of years. I don't think some homo erectus woke up one day and realized he was alive. Self-awareness comes in degrees, not extremes.

Conciousness does NOT equal civilization. Any Sans bushman or Yanomami indian could tell you that. If anything, the Adam and Eve story is alegorical and could not be literally true.

Old 12-23-2010, 09:59 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,757,440 times
Quote:
I would say their lack of development is the indicator of no brain power. Between their ears, it was nothing there! No Spirit of Consciousness in them. Why that was, I simply don't know. Even our presentday uncivilized tribes have language, agriculture, wars, religions, primordal man had none of these. I have seen no evidence of it.

Peace.
Then might I suggest you acquaint yourself with the evidence for it? There is quite a bit of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy