Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2015, 09:29 AM

3,062 posts, read 6,703,464 times

Advertisements

Ignoring the ticket is not the answer, just stupid.
If you fail to answer and they feel like it they can stop you from renewing your driver's license and car registrations.
My daughter in law found this out the hard way after getting two of those photo tickets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2015, 03:32 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,903,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrylimeade View Post
Why someone would pay more attention: because a harmless thing like waiting in the intersection to turn left, in full view of the stopped cars that don't have their green light yet, can become "running a red light" with all its costly ramifications if your car isn't in the right spot. I wound up blocking a crosswalk today because I was the second of two cars waiting to turn left, and the yellow was so short that I didn't dare make the turn. I got the WTF gesture from a pedestrian for that. Lovely.

That said, I DO treat all intersections the same and I have never caused or had an accident. It's not like I'm driving recklessly and trying to avoid the consequences. I'm driving responsibly and would like to not get harshly penalized if I make one minor mistake (not actually running a light, but the scenario I described).
Yeah I see that happen often to drivers and at times even myself. However it’s not a good practice to get into and should be avoided. Legally you might be right and shouldn’t get a ticket however that requires telling the judge about the issue, which takes time out of my day to go to court. More important isn’t not a good idea to put yourself and the car out in an area that’s much easier and more likely to get involved in an accident with “other” drivers who might blow the intersection and you’re in their way. I’d like to be a safer driver and avoid accidents like this; it’s easy to stay safe and saves money on repairs and insurance costs.

Trying to be a defensive driver avoids tickets, accidents, and saves money on insurance and time wasted having to take the day off from work to tell the story to the judge. Staying OUT of the intersection and turning left ONLY when safe to do so is being defensive safe and logical. IMHO

Old 08-23-2015, 07:07 PM

9,774 posts, read 11,180,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrylimeade View Post
Good to know. What I'm wondering is if they cross-reference the address to see if one of the other residents there matches the photo.
No, they do not cross reference photos. I have the cars registered in my name. If I am not driving and a ticket is sent to me, I'm going to get off Scott-free after the hassle of making a copy of my pictured licence. As I said, you don't legally have to rat out a friend or relative who is driving the car. Sleep like a baby.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area