Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2010, 05:43 PM

824 posts, read 2,341,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
"OK to reprint if you give proper attribution as indicated at the end of the document. But I agree, best to post relevant sections with a link."
True. My inclination is to find the first couple of sentences that contain actual numbers, paste and link. ARMLS definitely wants the info out there, since it is free on their site, but the graph, etc are kind of neat to check out directly.

Old 09-17-2010, 05:46 PM

39,149 posts, read 51,432,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azjack View Post
True. My inclination is to find the first couple of sentences that contain actual numbers, paste and link. ARMLS definitely wants the info out there, since it is free on their site, but the graph, etc are kind of neat to check out directly.
I think your inclination was to quote the first couple of sentences that had the "shock" December number and ignore the disclaimer thus misleading the reader. Adding two sentences that complete the paragraph and provide clarification is hardly quoting the entire article.

Old 09-17-2010, 05:53 PM

Quote:
"I think your inclination was to quote the first couple of sentences that had the "shock" December number and ignore the disclaimer thus misleading the reader. Adding two sentences that complete the paragraph and provide clarification is hardly quoting the entire article."
And I kept the information so well-hidden by linking directly to it.

Old 09-17-2010, 05:56 PM

Quote:
And I kept the information so well-hidden by linking directly to it.
I appreciate that. Without the link I would not have been able to see the deception in your post.

Old 09-17-2010, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I appreciate that. Without the link I would not have been able to see the deception in your post.

Lovely.

Old 09-17-2010, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Lovely.

Old 09-17-2010, 08:08 PM

6,341 posts, read 14,744,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suburbgal View Post
I have to agree with Motley and unfortunately it seems as if EnicAZ is the ONLY person actually contributing to this thread on their thoughts / opinions about the Phoenix market. The rest of the bunch has taken pleasure on picking on this person because they have different opinions. Who cares what office EnicAz works at? Who cares if EnicAz doesn't feel comfortable selling right now? Maybe EnicAz is only dealing with rentals now, maybe EnicAz doesn't need to work and is a realtor for fun and feels very comfortable recommending people to wait. Quite frankly, it shouldn't matter and I'm really surprised the moderator has not shut this thread down or shut out the bullies.
Not to pick on "E", but he has - according to his posts, (1) one client. That isn't a voice of experience, despite the constant references to "his office's projections".

Buying a RE license doesn't make you an agent anymore than buying a nailgun makes you a carpenter. Just having the tool doesn't mean you know how to use it.

Getting a RE license in AZ requires 96 classroom hours if I remember correctly. (90 regular hours and a six-hour contract law "boot camp").

Getting a CNA license in AZ requires 120 hours of training, and a practical skills test at a third party testing facility. The CNA license qualifies you to wipe butts at a nursing home.

In my old home state, you need 2000 hours of training to cut hair.

RE agents aren't "experts" because of the training they get to qualify for a state license.

If pointing that out makes me a "bully", then color me guilty.

Old 09-17-2010, 10:16 PM

9,870 posts, read 11,263,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suburbgal View Post
I have to agree with Motley and unfortunately it seems as if EnicAZ is the ONLY person actually contributing to this thread on their thoughts / opinions about the Phoenix market. The rest of the bunch has taken pleasure on picking on this person because they have different opinions. Who cares what office EnicAz works at? Who cares if EnicAz doesn't feel comfortable selling right now? Maybe EnicAz is only dealing with rentals now, maybe EnicAz doesn't need to work and is a realtor for fun and feels very comfortable recommending people to wait. Quite frankly, it shouldn't matter and I'm really surprised the moderator has not shut this thread down or shut out the bullies.
Have you been reading his 15 or so posts? The themes are all the same. Read all 15 in a row by looking at the posting history.

His opinion is suspect and some people (like me) don't smell sincerity.

Speaking of sincerity, I am going to buy a home in the Phoenix area. And as God as my witness, I would have factually bought a house though him. Heck, I'd do all of the work and he can capture his $6K for telling me not to buy.

But he went MIA. Some people believe everything they read. In that spirit, I'm really Ben Bernanke. Do you have any questions for me??

Old 09-17-2010, 10:24 PM

9,870 posts, read 11,263,473 times
Re: the AZMLS. After reading their analysis, I'm wondering why people read their opinion? It seems their model is flawed.

I've learned that anything can happen. But IMHO, things are looking less than ideal for resale value in Phoenix area as an aggregate. I can see out a month or two tops. But saying that, last time I got convinced that things were going to continue drop (March 2009) the government stepped in and gave $8K away.

That could happen in some other way and I would AGAIN have to wait till the Phoenix dust settles (pun intended). We are only dealing with probabilities. Probabilities and not facts.

Old 09-17-2010, 11:27 PM

56 posts, read 153,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
Have you been reading his 15 or so posts? The themes are all the same. Read all 15 in a row by looking at the posting history.

His opinion is suspect and some people (like me) don't smell sincerity.

Speaking of sincerity, I am going to buy a home in the Phoenix area. And as God as my witness, I would have factually bought a house though him. Heck, I'd do all of the work and he can capture his $6K for telling me not to buy.

But he went MIA. Some people believe everything they read. In that spirit, I'm really Ben Bernanke. Do you have any questions for me??
Mn- I've been reading this for awhile now and yes, I've seen E's posts. I've read yours too and increased your ranking on a few occasions because you've made some valid points on the Phx mls (your welcome). However, this thread is supposed to be about the Phx market, not who believes E's sincerity on whether or not they are a realtor and what company E works for. BTW, if I was E, I would not contact you either because your sincerity seems a whole lot more like sarcasm. Can the topic get back to the Phx MLS which was way more interesting?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area