Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 04:37 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,167,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phxguy View Post
I got inspired to do a thread on this topic after watching an episode of Life After People and the episode was on Phoenix. I watched our metropolis be destoryed to nature. Pretend it is 100 years since everyone in the valley has disappeared. What do you think the valley, your home, your neighborhood, or anyplace in Phoenix will look like at that time? What area do you think will have changed the most?
In my opinion downtown Phoenix would have changed the most. Due to the fact that highrises would have crumbled, the glass skin of Chase Tower, Cityscape tower 1, OCPE, and Phelps Dodge Center would be gone. Wells Fargo would probably be the last one standing due to the 30 stories of concrete.
Not just Phoenix. Check this website out. The World Without Us - Alan Weisman

20yrsinBranson
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2010, 04:39 PM
YAZ

7,708 posts, read 14,104,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzXd View Post
what the heck is active adult? I hear it sometimes on tv etc. what are those?
Oh man.

"The Villages" tune is now going thru my head.

I'm gonna have to hear it in it's entirety or it'll never leave.

Old 08-10-2010, 05:03 PM

932 posts, read 1,965,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Not just Phoenix. Check this website out. The World Without Us - Alan Weisman

20yrsinBranson
Well I was just choosing Phoenix. Also because it'll be the one the largest desolated cities in America if this happens.

Old 08-10-2010, 05:42 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,317,530 times
Wow, it's amazing that people are even responding to this thread and taking it seriously. Why not just start a thread: "If Phoenix was a city in the Max Max films, what would it look like?"

Old 08-10-2010, 05:54 PM

6,341 posts, read 14,706,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
"If Phoenix was a city in the Max Max films, what would it look like?"
I though Mad Max WAS set in Phoenix???

Isn't that stadium downtown the Thunderdome? ???

Old 08-10-2010, 06:09 PM

932 posts, read 1,965,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
Wow, it's amazing that people are even responding to this thread and taking it seriously. Why not just start a thread: "If Phoenix was a city in the Max Max films, what would it look like?"
I've never seen that movie but I know it's about surviors in a post-judgement day world.

Old 08-10-2010, 09:06 PM

3,886 posts, read 10,088,922 times
Due to the ice age we'd have a white winter. After the big one takes off Southern Cali, Yuma would be home to some sweet glaciers. lol

Old 08-10-2010, 09:32 PM

204 posts, read 629,402 times
Quote:
Just pretend the entire valley has turned into Maryvale. All the upstanding people moved down to Pinal county.
That made my night lol

Old 08-10-2010, 09:59 PM

2,942 posts, read 6,523,288 times
Quote:
after watching an episode of Life After People
Where did the people go, the moon? Or is it just some wacky environmentalist's dream of human extinction? I've never understood that TV show....

Old 08-10-2010, 09:59 PM

1,128 posts, read 1,646,895 times
Quote:
I think the greatest threat to Arizona and Phoenix specifically is the invasion Mod Cut: Not necessary(mexican citizens) via migration into Arizona. I noticed since moving here that there is a mixture of spanish and english in phoenix that has tainted good american english with that heathen tongue? I mean if we are going to speak a different language Latin or Italian would make more sense b/c they speak it in the holy see.
How did I know some ignorant racist would just have to say something about Hispanics on here?
So what if people want to speak English and Spanish? It's a free country people can speak whatever we want-and it does not have to be an illegal person here speaking it! I am American and speak both--and sometimes I interchange them-I think it's great for people to learn more than one language, and it doesn't necessarily have to be Spanish.
Spanish is a heathen tongue? I am sorry but your ideas are more heathen than anything and it's an embarrassment to share a country with people who think like you.

In any case, who knows what there will be in 100 hundred years from now-people are bent on destroying themselves and each other, not to mention the planet and wildlife-although I try to be optimistic I don't feel so good about our future, or what others will look back and see what people were about .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area