Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 03:20 PM

932 posts, read 1,964,134 times

Advertisements

I got inspired to do a thread on this topic after watching an episode of Life After People and the episode was on Phoenix. I watched our metropolis be destoryed to nature. Pretend it is 100 years since everyone in the valley has disappeared. What do you think the valley, your home, your neighborhood, or anyplace in Phoenix will look like at that time? What area do you think will have changed the most?
In my opinion downtown Phoenix would have changed the most. Due to the fact that highrises would have crumbled, the glass skin of Chase Tower, Cityscape tower 1, OCPE, and Phelps Dodge Center would be gone. Wells Fargo would probably be the last one standing due to the 30 stories of concrete.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2010, 03:23 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,229,847 times
I think the aspects that would stick out to me the most would be the ramifications to the natural environment from Palo Verde and the various military installations once no longer maintained

Also, with the various dams and water management projects going into disrepair and eventual failure what would that look like

To me that is more interesting than any detioration of real properties

Old 08-10-2010, 03:25 PM

12 posts, read 49,644 times
Default What it would look like

Just pretend the entire valley has turned into Maryvale. All the upstanding people moved down to Pinal county.

Old 08-10-2010, 03:29 PM
YAZ

7,708 posts, read 14,092,300 times
I can imagine some researchers walkin' thru town 100 years from now and spot some graffiti.......

.......Wow!

Look at these interesting petroglyphs!

Old 08-10-2010, 03:34 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,356,633 times
Even concrete will go back to its natural state. Over a 100 year period of neglect even the Wells Fargo building may be rubble.

Old 08-10-2010, 03:38 PM

Default yeah

Grandpa: "You see those ruins over there? Those are the remains of the sub-prime lending blunder of the 2000's."
Child: I thought that was just a myth, they really gave mortgages to sub-prime, stop teasing grandpa.
Grandpa: oh hahaha Yes my grandson, that is right, they gave credit to anyone.

or

Professor: May I have you attention, this photo here of this long narrow pit in the ground is called an irrigation canal. It was used by the primitives who lived in the barren land known as phoenix. An entire society lived there once in prosperity but fears of global warming and con-artist peddling what was known as "green technology" robbed its occupants of any chance at preservation of their race. The irony is that fears of global warming actually caused a great famine due to the undermining of the basic human functions and means of providing sustinence.

Old 08-10-2010, 04:24 PM

932 posts, read 1,964,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
I think the aspects that would stick out to me the most would be the ramifications to the natural environment from Palo Verde and the various military installations once no longer maintained

Also, with the various dams and water management projects going into disrepair and eventual failure what would that look like

To me that is more interesting than any detioration of real properties
Your right it's more intresting than with detorirating buildings. In 100 years the Roosevelt Dam will most likely have collapsed and sent a wall of water down stream. The Palo Verde Nuclear powerplant could've overheated and blown up sending the West Valley and outlying areas into a nuclear winter. Probably the stone buildings like Lurhs tower, Arizona Biltimore, and Westward Ho could survive the harsh summers and cool winters here for awhile until maybe a force weakens it. There's more dangers to the valley than people know.

Old 08-10-2010, 04:29 PM

I think the greatest threat to Arizona and Phoenix specifically is the invasion Mod Cut: Not necessary(mexican citizens) via migration into Arizona. I noticed since moving here that there is a mixture of spanish and english in phoenix that has tainted good american english with that heathen tongue? I mean if we are going to speak a different language Latin or Italian would make more sense b/c they speak it in the holy see.

Last edited by Grannysroost; 08-10-2010 at 09:09 PM..

Old 08-10-2010, 04:34 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,706,964 times
Just walk around one of these "active adult" developments one summer afternoon

Old 08-10-2010, 04:35 PM

what the heck is active adult? I hear it sometimes on tv etc. what are those?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area