Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 05:02 PM

1,553 posts, read 3,653,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchtime View Post
Lets trade. I dream of the day that I can sit outside amongst the pines, drinking some hot coffee, wearing a nice comfortable warm jacket in 50 degree weather and just breathing in all that fresh crisp air. Lets see if you would of lasted 10 minutes sitting on my porch when it was 111 degrees yesterday afternoon. Sick of this crap!
Trade? Gladly.
My place is for sale. 6 acres, 2 homes, waterfront and if you want to sit amongst the trees and watch the river, this is the place.
What ya got to trade?
When it's cold and rainy ALL THE TIME, it kind of gets old much like the heat would get tiresome.
It's just time for a change for me. I've been here 22 years and it's time to try something new and different.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2010, 05:35 PM

102 posts, read 415,040 times
Maverick you oughta start up a B&B for the folks on here complaining about the summer heat. That area's beautiful in the summer - a GOOD summer that is!

Old 09-20-2010, 08:25 PM

Well, the homes are only manufactured homes so they wouldn't work out too well as B&B's and I'm so far off the beaten path, nobody could find it anyway. lol.
Besides that, our summers are only 2 to 3 months long so the business "season" would be VERY limited.
I'd rather be fishing. lol.
It's currently salmon season and they're catching the heck out of them this year. 20 to 50 pounders
Come on up and catch a few!!!!!

Old 09-20-2010, 10:20 PM

175 posts, read 465,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick974 View Post
Trade? Gladly.
My place is for sale. 6 acres, 2 homes, waterfront and if you want to sit amongst the trees and watch the river, this is the place.
What ya got to trade?
When it's cold and rainy ALL THE TIME, it kind of gets old much like the heat would get tiresome.
It's just time for a change for me. I've been here 22 years and it's time to try something new and different.
I have nothing left to trade after losing everything to this recession that just ended(???) But even after living in Hawaii years ago for two years, I started to get tired of the beach scene, tourists and the weather. I just need a change also like everyone else. In my case I am not underwater and can leave any time. Are you looking to rent out one of your homes and is there a high school nearby for my daughter to attend? That's all I need.

Old 09-20-2010, 11:42 PM

1,128 posts, read 1,647,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiggy View Post
What, you don't like melted chocolates for Halloween? BBQed turkey for Thanksgiving? Surely you enjoy Santa on a golf cart and the decorated cactus? I mean, come on, living in hell does have it's up side. lol

I never had a problem with chocolates melting on Halloween (its night, after all)
However I did carve a pumpkin too early one year, didnt think much of it-poor guy melted in inside my house didnt even make it to the big night!
Decorated cactus's are pretty cool if you have any in your yard. We opt for a real tree inside and put that frosty stuff on the windows...then on Christmas eve with a few drinks in hand..well,you'd almost never know you were in the desert! lol

Old 09-21-2010, 08:50 AM

2,852 posts, read 4,510,559 times
Every summer around July I dread the heat of Phoenix, and start to long for my homeland of upper Michigan where the summers are mild and the air is fresh and clean.

Then when November or December come around and the harsh storms begin to affect yooper country, I realize how lucky I am to not have to shovel snow, slide on the ice, or deal with the bitter cold.

It's a tradeoff. I wish I could live in Michigan from about Memorial Day to October and in Arizona the rest of the year, maybe when I win the lottery.

Old 09-21-2010, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchtime View Post
I have nothing left to trade after losing everything to this recession that just ended(???) But even after living in Hawaii years ago for two years, I started to get tired of the beach scene, tourists and the weather. I just need a change also like everyone else. In my case I am not underwater and can leave any time. Are you looking to rent out one of your homes and is there a high school nearby for my daughter to attend? That's all I need.
Well, that depends. I need to sell this place before I can move to Az. although I'm thinking of borrowing a few dollars and moving down and getting my business started again so if I did that, then yes, I could rent my place.
There is a VERY good school in my little town although your daughter would probably get culture shock. The school has a total of 15 seniors this year. The entire school from K to 12 had roughly 250 kids. Talk about personal attention.
The football team fields 8 players because we can't come up with 11.
It's a great school though.
Work might be a problem. Jobs are hard to come by around here unless you want to start a pot farm or something.

Old 09-21-2010, 09:46 AM

39,109 posts, read 51,351,497 times
Quote:
Well, that depends. I need to sell this place before I can move to Az. although I'm thinking of borrowing a few dollars and moving down and getting my business started again so if I did that, then yes, I could rent my place.
There is a VERY good school in my little town although your daughter would probably get culture shock. The school has a total of 15 seniors this year. The entire school from K to 12 had roughly 250 kids. Talk about personal attention.
The football team fields 8 players because we can't come up with 11.
It's a great school though.
Work might be a problem. Jobs are hard to come by around here unless you want to start a pot farm or something.
LOL, that took me back. We got to play a lot though and we had our pick of the 20 girls in the school!

Old 09-21-2010, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
LOL, that took me back. We got to play a lot though and we had our pick of the 20 girls in the school!
Well, one of those girls is MY 17 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER and I do have a gun. lol.
I'm lucky though. She is an honor student with a 3.79 GPH, goes to churck 4 times a week and is a very responsible person.
There are many small towns around here so there are plenty of teams with 8 players so it's a fair game.
It's a nice town and a great area. It's just time to do something else for me and Az. sounds like a good fit. I grew up in the desert and I loved it as long as I was close to water. Lakes, rivers, etc. are what keeps me sane. I'm an avid bass fisherman and love to waterski as well so that's what attracts me to the east valley.
Here in Oregon, there is water EVERYWHERE. 25 lakes within an hours drive, a large river cuts thru town and we are on the coast so the ocean fun is right here as well. Unfortunately, other than July and August it's usually to rainy and cold to enjoy all the water that much. At least in Az, I could fish and enjoy the lakes all year 'round.

Old 09-21-2010, 10:41 PM

175 posts, read 465,473 times
Quote:
Well, one of those girls is MY 17 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER and I do have a gun. lol.
I'm lucky though. She is an honor student with a 3.79 GPH, goes to churck 4 times a week and is a very responsible person.
There are many small towns around here so there are plenty of teams with 8 players so it's a fair game.
It's a nice town and a great area. It's just time to do something else for me and Az. sounds like a good fit. I grew up in the desert and I loved it as long as I was close to water. Lakes, rivers, etc. are what keeps me sane. I'm an avid bass fisherman and love to waterski as well so that's what attracts me to the east valley.
Here in Oregon, there is water EVERYWHERE. 25 lakes within an hours drive, a large river cuts thru town and we are on the coast so the ocean fun is right here as well. Unfortunately, other than July and August it's usually to rainy and cold to enjoy all the water that much. At least in Az, I could fish and enjoy the lakes all year 'round.
What town do you live in if you don't mind me asking? Sounds like paradise to me. I love the ocean, smoking fresh salmon, going walleye fishing, letting my shorthair pointer run where ever he wants to go and a small town feel. My daughter is also a honor student and plays a good game of basketball. Would she have a chance in making the boys team? Lack of jobs are not a issue with me. I collect ss permanent disability. I'am ready to go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area