Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 03:58 PM

6,069 posts, read 14,777,192 times

Advertisements

Go to one of these stores and they will spend a lot of time with you educating you on how to kill the scorpions: anla bug & weed mart stores
Just Google that name and the locations will show up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2010, 04:23 PM

3,391 posts, read 7,160,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnicAZ View Post
A lot depends on the neighborhood that you are in. Some are infested with scorpions, while others are battling snake problems.
So are all homes in the Phoenix metro area infested with scorpions or battling snakes?

Old 12-15-2010, 11:21 AM

382 posts, read 1,355,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimballette View Post
So are all homes in the Phoenix metro area infested with scorpions or battling snakes?

No, they aren't all infested, if that were the case I don't think we would have very many people living in the metro area. In upper Central Phoenix I have never seen a scorpion or a snake, just black widows. I saw a scorpion out in Mesa about 17 years ago once. When we moved out to Surprise we started seeing more scorpions in the summer. Only found one inside upstairs, the others were in the garage. Our neighbors across the street seemed to have more of a scorpion problem than we had though, and our neighbors next to us have never said anything about them at all. I did find a black widow in our master bathroom, and that was a bit creepy, but I think I found it as soon as it decided to move in. That is the only time I have ever found a black widow inside a home here before.

Old 12-15-2010, 11:27 AM

39,077 posts, read 51,218,516 times
Quote:
I cast caution aside last night risking the burglars, murderers, and kidnappers and opened the windows to let in some cool air overnight. Woke up this morning with snakes all over the house and scorpions dancing on the countertops. My big screen was gone and one of the kids is missing. I'm OK with it though, because it is a warm and sunny day with no snow to shovel.

Now seriously, we have scorpions. We've all been stung at least once. We all lived to tell about it without any treatment. We don't see much of our curly-tailed visitors in the winter. Summer and fall are peak seasons.

Last edited by Ponderosa; 12-15-2010 at 12:16 PM..

Old 12-15-2010, 11:49 AM

134 posts, read 514,448 times
Quote:
Snakes are excellent for bbq this time of the year and frozen scorpion covered with chocolate is something to die for - for dessert.
Just some of the great delicacies from the Southwest. Time to start the grill.
Thanks Kimballete for exposing this long kept secrets (and your sarcasm. )

PS: Anyone wants to share more hidden secrets or exchange recipes?

Old 12-15-2010, 11:51 AM

426 posts, read 1,306,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budderboy View Post
Unfortunatly, when the temp goes below 70, they do stop coming out, but where are they then. In my case as soon as the temp dropped, they all came inside to my climate controlled house. So far this year I have found 12 in my house, and my wife is completly terrified of them. I started seeing them around October when it started to cool off and since we have had 4 full size Arizona Bark, and 8 babies (which are the more dangerous of the 2). I have only seen 4 black widdows but I see their webs EVERYWHERE. Were actually needing to relocate this because of the severity of the scorpions, and the severity of my wifes fear.
If your wife is that terrified, I'd suggest contacting Seal Out Scorpions and see what they would charge. A simple Google search will locate their home page.

We had them out earlier this year and haven't seen any in the house since (we saw two of them in a six month period after moving in back in August 2009).

They will also show you how to do your own pest control to help control their food source and chemicals that some of the pest control companies won't use.

Old 12-15-2010, 12:06 PM

3,391 posts, read 7,160,625 times
You guys crack me up! Apparently, my sarcasm is too subtle. I'll work on that...

Old 12-15-2010, 12:15 PM

4,511 posts, read 13,578,860 times
Quote:
You guys crack me up! Apparently, my sarcasm is too subtle. I'll work on that...
I got it, but then I've seen your other posts .

Old 12-15-2010, 12:35 PM

1,832 posts, read 5,764,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post

Now seriously, we have scorpions. We've all been stung at least once. We all lived to tell about it without any treatment. We don't see much of our curly-tailed visitors in the winter. Summer and fall are peak seasons.
and this is false, I've never been biten, and have never seen a scorpion in any house I have ever lived in. Only seen a scorpion once and that was while hiking @ Papago. Rule of thumb newer areas that were desert within the past few years are going to have a lot more scorpion problems then in est area. So yuo desert view will come with a price and that is more scorpions.

Old 12-15-2010, 12:39 PM

39,077 posts, read 51,218,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocoAZnative View Post
and this is false, I've never been biten, and have never seen a scorpion in any house I have ever lived in. Only seen a scorpion once and that was while hiking @ Papago. Rule of thumb newer areas that were desert within the past few years are going to have a lot more scorpion problems then in est area. So yuo desert view will come with a price and that is more scorpions.
Clarification: We = everyone in my household. I have lived next to open desert in all but one of my homes here. I prefer scorpions as neighbors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area