Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2010, 07:52 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,654,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pillage Your Village View Post
I just feel as though Phoenix is a failed experiment.

I say those words to my husband. Funny. We lived in Florida before and that was a really failed experiment!!

Old 11-10-2010, 08:00 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,224,761 times
Quote:
I just feel as though Phoenix is a failed experiment.
We need an investigation to find out who was behind this experiment to forcefully relocate 3 million people to Maricopa County, Arizona in the past couple decades and then keep them there against their will!

Old 11-10-2010, 09:16 AM

3,391 posts, read 7,161,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
Lastly, you may feel that Phoenix is a failed experiment, but Phoenix may feel that it is you who has failed your experiences.
Oh, if only I could give you reputation points again! Bravo!

Old 11-10-2010, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
We need an investigation to find out who was behind this experiment to forcefully relocate 3 million people to Maricopa County, Arizona in the past couple decades and then keep them there against their will!
That made me laugh. Out loud. Truly.

Old 11-10-2010, 10:40 AM

1,108 posts, read 3,321,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
As of 2010 it is 4 million - and lol I agree! Well said.

Old 11-10-2010, 04:06 PM

2,942 posts, read 6,517,566 times
I'm wondering what "experiment" has been "successful"... San Francisco? L.A.? Which major city do you want Phoenix to become? And if that place is so great, why aren't you there?

Old 11-10-2010, 08:34 PM

Quote:
My experiences, the last time I checked, have been no less than stellar when it comes to my personal achievements.
No self esteem issues here, folks.

Quote:
I think your rabid defense of Phoenix comes from your natural propensity to be drawn to all things mediocre. I think the your dislike of the cultural capitals (Chi, NY, SF) comes from your realization that an average citizen of one of these places dwarfs you intellectually.
A rather personal attack, dontcha think?

Old 11-10-2010, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Some of that spoon feeding you get was a direct result of people like me. We write the story.
Oh, that's not arrogant at all.

Old 11-10-2010, 08:43 PM

13,211 posts, read 21,827,501 times
Quote:
This was the last place to recognize Martin Luther Kings birthday. Really?
Wrong. NH was. You're batting zero here as your huge laundry list in your opening post as been thoroughly debunked as well. And for somebody who claims to have made it big in Phoenix, you sure seem bitter about the place. You sure you didn't lose big instead?

Old 11-10-2010, 08:59 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,317,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiggy View Post
Not much has changed but our tolerance of illegal immigration. We use to need them when we were short on labor, now we are not and we don't need them anymore.
Education in AZ has been underfunded for a long long time, it's looked at as a dept not an investment by our state. We have ranked low in funding and high in class size for a long time, that divide is still growing.

Our largest growth was suppose to be snowbirds, the sun is our claim to fame. This is where we spend our money.

When ever there is a problem here instead of addressing it we blame illegal Mexicans for it. It's a tired and old excuse and one day we are going to have to grow up and deal with the real reasons. Blame doesn't make it go away, action does. Education is not one of our priorities, it never has been. Nor is health care, clean air, we put our bets on the retired population here, not families. Therefore our workforce is strongly service and our education is underfunded and regarded as a burden.
Excellent observations, Twiggy. The question is, what's to be done about it when the electorate keeps pushing to the fore small-minded, self-involved people with no love whatsoever for community or the greater good? They keep the focus on superficial controversy so that we never acknowledge that something is rotten in the desert and only dedication and very hard work is going to clean up the source of the stench. We have here, for instance, the means to be the premier energy source for our nation in the 21st century and yet many would rather fritter away the time to address that, promoting the argument of Sen. Inhofe (R-Exxon), that we HAVE no problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area