Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 03:56 PM

2,942 posts, read 6,525,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
LOL! "Obsequious" is not the word you wanted I don't think. It means "sucking up" basically. It is an insult in this context.
You forget, Ponderosa, this is how "progressive" authors write.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2010, 05:40 PM

13,239 posts, read 21,865,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritchie_az View Post
You forget, Ponderosa, this is how "progressive" authors write.
Or trolls...

Old 11-11-2010, 12:55 PM

3,886 posts, read 10,090,610 times
Wow, what a interesting reflection of peoples personalities! I'm still wondering what the hostility is about? I must be missing a nut! LOL
Doing research on a forum is a recent ability but before the internet it was much more expensive to relate to people within the premise of your ideas. I don't see the issue, or even how this would relate to trolling? But, I am always amazed by the different views on here from which I have learned a lot as well.

The internet is certainly a progressive tool for research and I think makes it a lot easier than travel. You can gather peoples thoughts, photos, live broadcasts, skies the limit now! What's more progressive than that? You can still do it the old fashioned why if you would like.

Old 11-11-2010, 02:08 PM

Well, believe what you want to believe, Twiggy. Personally I think your BS meter needs calibration.

Old 11-11-2010, 03:43 PM

32 posts, read 48,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiggy View Post
Wow, what a interesting reflection of peoples personalities! I'm still wondering what the hostility is about? I must be missing a nut! LOL
Doing research on a forum is a recent ability but before the internet it was much more expensive to relate to people within the premise of your ideas. I don't see the issue, or even how this would relate to trolling? But, I am always amazed by the different views on here from which I have learned a lot as well.

The internet is certainly a progressive tool for research and I think makes it a lot easier than travel. You can gather peoples thoughts, photos, live broadcasts, skies the limit now! What's more progressive than that? You can still do it the old fashioned why if you would like.
Don´t fret, Twiggy, it´s just that some people resent foreigners meddling in their business and so they label the "intruder" as a troll
As simple as this...

Old 11-11-2010, 03:48 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,246,818 times
I didn't get that at all from any of the responses received

What would lead to a potential for trolling is the questions surrounding illegal immigration - a very hot button issue at the moment, specifically in AZ

It would also trigger alarms when there reads a tone of astonishment that having a child born in the states would do nothing to help those without legal status gain legal status.

The concept shouldn't be that peculiar for a European or a foreigner from the 80%+ nations in the world that would not allow a path to citizenship by soil to a child born to non-status holding parents - let alone to the parents themselves.

If anything, it would be different from their norms that a child could become a citizen just by being born in a country with a more logical question being given that you grant citizenship to the child how does that impact the potential removal of the parents. In Europe the kids aren't citizens either so all would be shipped out. In the US you'd be essentially removing the citizen child - a much more intelligent question.

Also, some of the questions posed would be readily available with even a simple google search .... the types of animals & trees for example.

Also, if you use google maps, the street view function within it, google earth or a lot of the other mapping programs you will be able to see the actual ground, types of buildings and a ton of general information.

Would seemingly be better to have some of that information hashed out and then drill down to more specific information - such as metro, theaters, distances, etc.

Old 11-11-2010, 04:05 PM

3,391 posts, read 7,170,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erfoud View Post
Don´t fret, Twiggy, it´s just that some people resent foreigners meddling in their business and so they label the "intruder" as a troll
As simple as this...
Oh, yes, that's it. Those dad gum furriners. Meddlin' in our bidness. Puh-leeze.

Old 11-11-2010, 04:07 PM

3,391 posts, read 7,170,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
Also, some of the questions posed would be readily available with even a simple google search .... the types of animals & trees for example.

Also, if you use google maps, the street view function within it, google earth or a lot of the other mapping programs you will be able to see the actual ground, types of buildings and a ton of general information.

Would seemingly be better to have some of that information hashed out and then drill down to more specific information - such as metro, theaters, distances, etc.
Now there you go being all rational and stuff.

Old 11-11-2010, 04:38 PM

Also, who says they're from Europe? Europe is a continent, not a country. People in the US, Canada or Mexico don't go around saying "I'm from North America". You say, I'm from the US, or I'm Canadian. You say somebody is from Europe when you don't know their exact nationality.

The other thing I find strange is coming here to ask the distance between two towns. Somehow they managed to find and register on City Data, and yet have never heard of Google Maps, or Mapquest?

Then when they started in on illegal immigration, and anchor babies, that pretty much sealed the deal for me.

Old 11-12-2010, 01:30 AM

32 posts, read 48,999 times
Quote:
I didn't get that at all from any of the responses received

What would lead to a potential for trolling is the questions surrounding illegal immigration - a very hot button issue at the moment, specifically in AZ

It would also trigger alarms when there reads a tone of astonishment that having a child born in the states would do nothing to help those without legal status gain legal status.
This is an overreaction to a question without any hidden purpose, a question necessary for me to create my story.
Call me ignorant, if you want, but a troll?

Quote:
The concept shouldn't be that peculiar for a European or a foreigner from the 80%+ nations in the world that would not allow a path to citizenship by soil to a child born to non-status holding parents - let alone to the parents themselves.

If anything, it would be different from their norms that a child could become a citizen just by being born in a country with a more logical question being given that you grant citizenship to the child how does that impact the potential removal of the parents. In Europe the kids aren't citizens either so all would be shipped out. In the US you'd be essentially removing the citizen child - a much more intelligent question..
Well, you know that...I didn´t That´s why I asked...

Quote:
Also, some of the questions posed would be readily available with even a simple google search .... the types of animals & trees for example..
I´ve been racking my brain to get some data through the Net, and I got some information, but not some other facts. That´s why I came here when I found this site.
Call, me clumsy, but a troll?

Quote:
After the advice I got to locate my story south west Phoenix, around 35th st and van Buren, I used Google earth to find that hispano area, and after searching and searching, I gave up, as all were scattered low buildings, nothing like a compact latin area.
See, I do my best, so don´t think I´m a lazybones who comes here without trying to do my own resea

Quote:
This makes sense. Maybe I placed too many questions in my first post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area