Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 08:17 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,997,969 times

Advertisements

First, I hope this isn't viewed as spamming, as it's not. It breaks my heart to post this and, if bad, please delete or move to appropriate area.

I have two darling Shih Tzus. They are sisters and inseparable. They come as a package deal. They have all shots and are spayed and heathly and only two years old. It breaks my heart to have to find them new homes (and they will only go to the best homes) but i just have to move on - due to the economy, jobs, etc. They deserve a good life with people who make a good living and can love them properly. It kills me to write this, but if anyone out there there loves small fluffy dogs, I have two for you (but they must stay together). To be honest, housebreaking has not been their strong suit. I know they aim to please, and one is smarter than the other, but there is still this issue to contend with, and I want to be perfectly upfront about thisl If interested, please PM me. All PMS will be answered. Promise.

Old 11-18-2010, 06:35 AM

124 posts, read 661,193 times
Oh dear!! I wish you lived in MN...I'd take them!! or I know alot of people who would LOVE to have them...... post on craigslist to rehome them...I did find one of my dogs on there, but if you want to make sure they go to a good home, make sure you charge something for them...it weeds out the icky people wanting them for who knows what....good luck to you!!

Old 11-18-2010, 07:21 AM

1,160 posts, read 4,245,036 times
Call the local SPCA (Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals), or the ASPCA, or the HSUS (the Humane Society of the United States), or your county's Animal Control or Shelter. They all network and know of breed-specific groups who will take and rehome your type of dogs. Different shelter groups handle their homeless animals differently, some will keep certain dogs until they adopt them, other give dogs a certain number of days to adopt them, so it's incumbent upon you to find out how they will do for your animals.

You could also place an ad in the local newspaper, and, for any you post on Craiglist, you MUST make them be local people and make them come visit you. And also, I think whomever you allow to take your dogs, that you insist the two dogs must go as a pair, and I agree with the other poster, make them pay. Coming to this forum is fine, but you will get better results by contacting the MANY animal welfare groups I listed or placing an ad in the local paper. This forum also has a classified ads section at the bottom. And there are several online pet groups with whom you can see if someone is looking for your type dogs, or you can also place an ad at those websites.

Also, whomever you got the dogs from in the first place, you could contact them if possible and see would they like to take them back... the vast majority of previous owners or groups will. Also, ask all your better friends, too, often they will want your dogs but will have not expressed it.

Old 11-18-2010, 01:59 PM

5,024 posts, read 7,573,472 times
I have a friend who works here --> Home Page

They know lots of local people and may be able to help you.

Old 11-18-2010, 02:17 PM

550 posts, read 1,126,453 times
You should contact a shi tzu rescue group. They will make sure they are placed together and go to a good home. A good rescue group will also take on the task of potty training. Also, Gigimac is right, you should contact the breeder of your dogs. A good breeder will take the dogs back.

Old 11-18-2010, 05:35 PM

289 posts, read 1,138,645 times
Here's a shih tzu rescue with a Phoenix chapter: Lone Star Shih Tzu and Lhasa Apso Rescue of Texas

Old 11-18-2010, 08:13 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,997,969 times
Thank you so much for all your comments. I will read every link and research.

My problem is I love my dogs so much. I just think they could have a better life with someone who can afford to buy them the latest Kong toy. Sure, they get the care they need, their shots, lots of love, etc.

But I just don't know how practical it will be for me to leave the state with them in tow. At the same time, I worry that someone might not keep them together and they are spoiled which really means they are not allowed in the heat for more than a couple of minutes.

I do not have children and my pets are my kids. Yet I don't have the money I used to either. I worry about Vet bills someday and would really like someone who is rich to adopt them where money is no issue.

Old 11-18-2010, 09:30 PM

1,286 posts, read 3,480,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post

My problem is I love my dogs so much. I just think they could have a better life with someone who can afford to buy them the latest Kong toy. Sure, they get the care they need, their shots, lots of love, etc.

But I just don't know how practical it will be for me to leave the state with them in tow. At the same time, I worry that someone might not keep them together and they are spoiled which really means they are not allowed in the heat for more than a couple of minutes.

I do not have children and my pets are my kids. Yet I don't have the money I used to either. I worry about Vet bills someday and would really like someone who is rich to adopt them where money is no issue.
Dogs don't need kongs, they need love which is sounds like you ARE giving them. Please reconsider your plan to rehome them.

What state are you moving to? Does it now allow dogs?

They are your kids? Then why give them away? Poor people have kids too and yes, they worry about medical bills but they make do.

There is something else going on here. It's just odd that you're implying that your dogs would be better off with a rich person.

Good luck to those poor dogs...and to you.

Old 11-19-2010, 02:34 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,408,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by atina33 View Post
Dogs don't need kongs, they need love which is sounds like you ARE giving them. Please reconsider your plan to rehome them.

What state are you moving to? Does it now allow dogs?

They are your kids? Then why give them away? Poor people have kids too and yes, they worry about medical bills but they make do.

There is something else going on here. It's just odd that you're implying that your dogs would be better off with a rich person.

Good luck to those poor dogs...and to you.
Dogs do not care about who is rich and who is not, they don't need toys. They love YOU, not your money. If they are your children, you find a way. Yes, potential future vet bills are always a concern, but to give the dogs you perceive as your children away because of something that MIGHT happen is not the way to go. Take them with you. They will give you a lot of emotional support in whatever new location you are heading to.

Old 11-19-2010, 10:12 PM

157 posts, read 453,283 times
Wish I could take them but I already have 2 dogs. My best dog was a shih tzu. If I didn't have my current dogs, I would definitely take them both. Good luck finding a home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: