Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 09:28 PM

1,410 posts, read 2,141,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdr0710 View Post
by "stucco", do you mean the now commonly-built frame wood houses with a sprayed-on stucco-like finish...or do you mean block construction with real stucco/mortar finish???....
Unfortunately, the last place I lived in was the former - it was a condo in southern California built in the early 60s. (and I thought that "they just don't build them like they used to", but there was some cheap and hurried construction done post-WWII, it seems.) I didn't know just how lousy the construction was until I watched another building there being remodeled: when they cut into the exterior, I saw wood frames, fiberglass and drywall inside and some black sheeting material outside with some chicken-wire crap and then a thin layer of crumbly stucco-like finish.

Real block construction would be a nice change of pace, but I prefer the look of brick.

Last edited by temazepam; 05-14-2011 at 09:38 PM..

Old 05-14-2011, 09:36 PM

1,410 posts, read 2,141,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
Of course there are quiet areas around Prescott. As far as "stucco homes" there are fewer of them up there particularly among the older homes, but again, I thought you were building, not buying. Climate wise, it would be more what you are looking for. Post in the Prescott forum if you are looking for specific areas that might work for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Phoenix does not seem like its for you. Have you considered Las Cruces or even Silver City? I don't understand why people who don't need to work would want to live in Phoenix when there are so many better choices in the southwest. Well, I do appreciate that some people prefer the "amenities" of city life, but I still shake my head.
I'll go over to the Prescott forum and check things out. For now, I think that Prescott, AZ and/or parts of NM might be a bit more my speed. I need to bring up Las Cruces and Silver City to my boyfriend as ideas. Everyone I've met from Silver City seemed content and relaxed. I guess my problem is that Phoenix was mentioned by my BF because he likes city life. I do not. I keep telling him that we should live out in the country or in a smaller town, but he's against it. (I think I need to look for a country boy to escape the hustle and bustle with. I've been with this old grouch long enough already.)
Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area