Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 08:01 PM

682 posts, read 2,567,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evans_Ranch_Avenger View Post
Thanks cflynn63. We have been told story after story, delay after delay, meeting after meeting and still no answers. I see all the liens in Evans Ranch. I can't believe Element let that happen to the homes that already closed.
I thought that the purpose of buying Title Insurance was to make sure that no liens were on the property when it closed. You may have a case against them if you now have liens on the property. Who did their investigation so that they could guarantee you clear title to the property? Sure sounds like someone in the office didn't do their job.

altus2006
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2008, 02:32 PM

11 posts, read 52,852 times
Thought I update you on the Liens. I was notified after posting that the Lien on my home has been removed seeing how I could not be liable for what they are requesting. So the title company came through. They only list about 10 homes where it has been removed but I would be sure to check. And it has been filed with the county. So I hope that helps people but there are truly leins on Evans Ranch. And it is public knowlege.

Old 04-15-2008, 07:14 PM

6 posts, read 25,120 times
I heard yesterday that Element is back to building homes that have already been sold and have had all Liens removed from those homes. Supposedly the banks have released them but have given them a date they need to be completed by to close. Hope this helps.

Old 04-16-2008, 04:35 PM

13 posts, read 45,681 times
I've heard the same thing. Construction should restart this week on most of the homes that stopped in January. Not sure about sold homes that have not started yet. Maybe they are turning the corner..Time will tell...

Old 04-16-2008, 08:38 PM

8 posts, read 33,561 times
I signed a contract with Element the end of January, in Harvest Meadows. So far, no building permit or start date. We've been told about the loans being renegotiated, but that they did get approval to finish some specs and close. We are hoping to hear something soon. They did say any new contracts have a clause that if they can't give the buyer a start date within sixty days they can back out and have deposit returned. We were told we could back out, but we really like the floorplan and will wait if they are going to be able to build.

Old 04-17-2008, 12:07 AM

6 posts, read 25,120 times
I would wait it out Iharman. Buying in January should have given you a decent price with this company. I don't think you are going to miss out on much if you do. However, if you agree to cancel your contract then you run the risk of not getting your earnest money back. That has to be freed up by Element's lenders and you run the risk of not getting that back at all. Especially if they file Chp. 11. Take from one has been through this a few times.

Old 04-21-2008, 09:35 PM

13 posts, read 45,681 times
Default Seminary Going In

Does anyone know about the seminary going in? It looks like it will be connected to the neighborhood, and will have a drive that lets traffic flow through the development. That will add a bunch of traffic during the school day.

Any one know more?

Old 04-22-2008, 10:39 AM

11 posts, read 52,852 times
Two quick things.

To the Seminary going in this is what I found.

Future Meetings
The next meeting of the Gilbert Design Review Board is a Regular Meeting, Thursday, May 15, 2008, 5:30 p.m., Gilbert Municipal Center, 50 E. Civic Center Drive, Gilbert, AZ.

And it shows in on there web page.

And as for building. I noticed yesterday the home next to mine has drywall going up in it. First activity since Mid Feb. So looks good there. But the slab on the other side of me is nothing.

Old 04-25-2008, 03:56 PM

1 posts, read 3,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahp View Post
Anyone have any info on or experience with Element Homes? We are looking at Evans Ranch in Gilbert. Thanks.
We built with Element Homes and are very very happy with the work they did! Everything is awesome, the people were great!

Old 04-25-2008, 07:42 PM

92 posts, read 318,649 times
thanks for thr good info. we are looking to buy new and you really opened our eye's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area