Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 06:22 PM

19 posts, read 117,412 times

Advertisements

Anyone have any info on or experience with Element Homes? We are looking at Evans Ranch in Gilbert. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2007, 02:32 PM

647 posts, read 3,342,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahp View Post
Anyone have any info on or experience with Element Homes? We are looking at Evans Ranch in Gilbert. Thanks.
I've not owned one, but I did look at that community. I didn't care for the location or the floor plans, but that's just my personal taste. I know a couple people who've bought there. They haven't had any problems so far.

Old 08-11-2007, 02:16 AM

19 posts, read 117,412 times
Thanks, Boatdrinks. It doesn't look like Element has a spec home available in the floor plan I liked. We are now looking at Capital Pacific. Their homes have a built-in pest control system - Taexx. I'm moving from the midwest, scared of spiders and scorpions, so this interests me! I have trouble with chemicals - headaches, etc., and this seems like it would be better than spraying all over the house.

Old 08-11-2007, 09:03 AM

647 posts, read 3,342,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahp View Post
Thanks, Boatdrinks. It doesn't look like Element has a spec home available in the floor plan I liked. We are now looking at Capital Pacific. Their homes have a built-in pest control system - Taexx. I'm moving from the midwest, scared of spiders and scorpions, so this interests me! I have trouble with chemicals - headaches, etc., and this seems like it would be better than spraying all over the house.
Many builders offer that system. Just wanted to let you know that so you don't limit yourself to Cap Pac based on that criteria alone.

I hate bugs too. If you get monthly pest service, you shouldn't have any problems though and they usually just spray the outside perimeter of your house so you don't deal with inside chemicals unless you're having a specific problem with the bugs. If you do, then they'll do an interior spray. We also always do an interior spray before we move into a house. We rarely need one after that though. Supposedly the chemicals are safe for humans and pets. Though I can understand your concern for side effects.

I believe though, that even with the built-in system, exterior and interior sprays may be necessary periodically. At least for bug-phobic people like me I thought that the built-in systems were primarily for termite protection and protection against bugs inside the walls and it's still very possible that you'd get spiders, etc. inside the house. And of course you'll still need a bug service to de-web the exterior and do the yard. At least that's what we do.

Good luck!!

Old 08-14-2007, 08:57 PM

31 posts, read 136,633 times
I would be careful buying a new home out in Az I would check out 2006 JD power and associates customer satisfaction survey FIRST before choosing any builder!!!! I would also have phase inspections!!!!!!!! There are a lot of horror stories out there with new home builders!!!!!!!!!!! BE VERY CAREFUL!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-26-2007, 10:34 PM

1 posts, read 10,793 times
I helped a client get into an element home a little while ago...for the most part he was pleased. I have had more difficulty with clients that have purchased KB, Centex, Richmond American etc. Shea has been a very good builder.

Old 10-24-2007, 12:10 PM

11 posts, read 52,858 times
Default element homes

I just thought I let you know I just purchased a Element homes. I tried pulte and they are not moving on you must use there lender. We loved Meritage but they didn't have anything. And Element bent over backwards to do everything in there power to get us into the home. I am also from the Midwest. I have my home done every other month and it has no smells and keeps away the lovely Black Widows.

I found nothing bad on them and it lookds like a bunch of the head guys jumped ship from Pulte.

We bought a Spec home and will move in FEB.

I say go for it they seem to want to work with you.

Old 01-20-2008, 09:49 PM

2 posts, read 20,937 times
Stay away from this builder like the plague,I 'am presently dealing with them and the roc to get my home right,This is not just a disgruntled owner here I know more than I should about this company and let me tell you,its a sinking ship.I did not want an element home but bought during the lottery days and could only get a lot here,homes are built in my opinion shodily and halfass,You take a risk at Evans ranch that you may be living with the subdivision not completed for years because as I know it it bankruptcy soon and than what your half finished home sits,also even if its built who will service it when they are done.Come to spectrum estates and go door to door find out for yourself,also try sonoran mountain,skylaine ranch,They sell quickly assembled crap.go and ask these homes are terrible and all you get is there standard bs.I will check back if you answer you may want to keep an eye on channel 3 and 14 there will be segment on there company very soon.Go Ritchmond American or any other large company!

Old 01-20-2008, 09:56 PM

2 posts, read 20,937 times
[URL="https://www.city-data.com/forum/members/cflynn63-184272.html"]cflynn63[/URL]
Junior Member Read my post and cancel your sale of course they bent over backwords there almost closed,I will walk your house for free and bet it is a piece of junk,buying a spec home check the house good I have knowledge of parts being borrowd and not replaced in models and spec homes.Check everything especially window rollers Get away and buy from a large company,there website sucked me in too the owner is a coward who will not respond to problems there customer service manager is pro at sticking it to people,get her name from element and google it you will she how they handle things,Hey Good Luck and look for my new website showing off my home element homes is in the domain name so you will find it easy Good Day

Old 01-22-2008, 02:02 PM

11 posts, read 52,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeyuh View Post
Stay away from this builder like the plague,I 'am presently dealing with them and the roc to get my home right,This is not just a disgruntled owner here I know more than I should about this company and let me tell you,its a sinking ship.I did not want an element home but bought during the lottery days and could only get a lot here,homes are built in my opinion shodily and halfass,You take a risk at Evans ranch that you may be living with the subdivision not completed for years because as I know it it bankruptcy soon and than what your half finished home sits,also even if its built who will service it when they are done.Come to spectrum estates and go door to door find out for yourself,also try sonoran mountain,skylaine ranch,They sell quickly assembled crap.go and ask these homes are terrible and all you get is there standard bs.I will check back if you answer you may want to keep an eye on channel 3 and 14 there will be segment on there company very soon.Go Ritchmond American or any other large company!
Thanks for the warning. We are in now they bent over backwards to get us in before the end of the year. As for a incomplete subdivision. I built my last home in St. Louis with a very large company and 10 years later the subdivision is still not done. I am sorry you are having so many problems but I am very happy with my home. This is my 3rd new house build an as far as I can tell and my home inspector could tell we are very please with the purchase. I wish you the best of luck with your venture but I am still a very happy Element home owner. And I am sure if you checked with other home owners in EVANS Ranch they will say the same thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area