Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 11:15 PM

611 posts, read 1,990,850 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lharman View Post
The sales office contacted us over the weekend. In addition to the $30000 we were offered in incentives in January, they are offering another $27000. We have been told that construction should begin by, if not before, June 1st, with a four to five month build time. A realtor friend has advised us to have an inspector out for a framing, electrical, and final inspection. Do you agree?
I'd say that's a no brainer. Once the walls go up any potential problem is hidden. Peace of mind has a value all it's own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2008, 08:46 AM

13 posts, read 45,607 times
Don't drink the Kool Aid. This builder is in serious trouble. Just because they're finishing a couple of houses at Evans Ranch doesn't mean anything. Think long and hard before you sign. You will never receive an honest answer, and they can not be trusted.

Old 05-12-2008, 09:52 AM

4 posts, read 19,752 times
Avenger, have you moved into an Evans ranch home or are you waiting on one to be built ?

Old 05-12-2008, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwf0625 View Post
Avenger, have you moved into an Evans ranch home or are you waiting on one to be built ?
Moved in. You will see most evenings out walking the dog. Good luck. It's not an easy decision.

Old 05-18-2008, 10:04 AM

7 posts, read 23,762 times
My husband and I are also looking at Evans Ranch. We noticed no building going on. We noticed a lot of talk about liens, problems, etc. Is this really a good subdivision to look at for a new home ? CONFUSED !

Old 05-19-2008, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mn1947 View Post
My husband and I are also looking at Evans Ranch. We noticed no building going on. We noticed a lot of talk about liens, problems, etc. Is this really a good subdivision to look at for a new home ? CONFUSED !
Element builds a great house. We love our house, but would sure like more neighbors. The big question is whether they can survive the slow down to finish the Sub-division. There were liens on some of the homes under construction, and most of the home that closed had liens placed by contractors after they closed. That’s old news. I think most are cleared. You can check that on the internet easily.

Discounts are being offered, but there is a risk associated with moving forward. Drive up Higley Road close to Germann. A builder went under. 10 houses complete in the sub-division, and 3 models. The rest of the sub-division is vacant. Models are being auctioned off. The common areas overgrown because there is no money for the HOA’s to keep up with landscapers.

Will that happen to Element? Time will tell. They way over paid for the land during the BOOM….

Old 05-19-2008, 10:42 PM

7 posts, read 23,762 times
Thanks for the good info Avenger. Yes, they look like a good builder compared to some of the other builders out there we have looked at. Does seem a little risky at this point in time to go forward with a sale on a new home from Element. I guess will just keep looking around and see how the new home market goes !

Old 05-27-2008, 01:03 PM

11 posts, read 52,832 times
Thought everyone would like a heads up in Evans Ranch. I just learned today the lots closest to BASHA High school have been taken over by the Bank. At one point another builder had those lots now you will see them fenced off. I have no idea what they are planning for these but this could be good are bad. This happened in my sub-division where I moved from and when they started selling the lots off the builders came in and built smaller then the homes that were in there. Which hurt our resale value of our homes

Old 05-29-2008, 12:49 PM

2 posts, read 10,834 times
Default should I buy in Harvest Meadows?

We are considering a purchase in Harvest Meadows. The office has assured us that the liens are being taken care of and that they did not go into bankruptcy. We are waiting for the official start date for the building of the home. Anything we should know about before signing?

Old 05-29-2008, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Want2Buy View Post
We are considering a purchase in Harvest Meadows. The office has assured us that the liens are being taken care of and that they did not go into bankruptcy. We are waiting for the official start date for the building of the home. Anything we should know about before signing?
I would put in the contract somewhere that they have to give you a start date by a certain time, and if they can’t you can cancel and get your money back.

Also, ask how you will be compensated if they have another price decrease before your home is delivered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area