Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2011, 02:04 AM

464 posts, read 833,524 times

Advertisements

I've contacted a number of rescue groups but they do not actually go out and rescue the animals. Any suggestions please for who may?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2011, 05:29 AM

17,915 posts, read 43,468,988 times
Are you talking about feral cats? If so, that's usually the case. I'll check with someone I work with who might know of someone who can help you.

Old 07-20-2011, 08:23 AM

Default Not feral--simply an abandoned domesticated.

No, not feral cats....I've trapped, spayed/neutered and domesticated feral cats in the past. This one is an abandoned domesticated, i.e. 'stray' cat. If these long enough, they can become feral without intervention. This one's ribs are showing thru pretty good but you can see he(?) was a well fed companion at one time by the excessive loose skin draping his frame. He comes out to find scraps at the Wendy's drive thru off of Hayden and Northsight at Sonora Village in Scottsdale but runs when you get close. This would be a candidate for a cage set in the bushes to rescue him. Please ask your co-worker--thank you.

Old 07-20-2011, 07:36 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,916,108 times
Maricopa County Animal Control website has this item in their Q&A list.

Maricopa County Animal Care & Control :: FAQs

It doesn't appear that they want to do anything about stray cats for one reason or another; they explain their point of view in the link.

Old 07-20-2011, 07:51 PM

Getting offline now but noticed a response and was hoping for suggestions. Haven't went to link yet but suspect they take a 'leave it and let die attitude'. We are the voice for those humans and animals that have none and being of higher intelligence--owe them at least a little of our time and effort to ease those who are suffering.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area