Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 06:26 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,889,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Sounds very much like those BIG BUGGERS in the South.

You're super lucky you only ran into one or two . . . consider what it would have been like with DOZENS?
Dozens? Eh.. not a problem Bummer, with my Remington 870 12-gauge shotgun, and size 8 shot, that should keep 'em under control!

I wouldn't say it was as bad as you described it down south, but there were quite a few back then around this time of the year. If you walked 100 yards, you'd probably see maybe 10-20, but they gradually disappeared by the late 1980's probably because they got hit by too many cars!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2007, 06:28 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,889,311 times
The title AZ Scorpions.... Ya know, that sounds like a good name for a new NFL team here, or at least a new name for the Cardinals!

Old 08-16-2007, 08:14 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,448,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
The title AZ Scorpions.... Ya know, that sounds like a good name for a new NFL team here, or at least a new name for the Cardinals!
There is already the Arizona Sting (with a scorp logo) and the New Mexico Scorpions.

Old 08-26-2007, 08:06 AM

28 posts, read 136,099 times
Smile Green Scorpians

[quote=Cathyp20022;1261118]Last week I found a green scorpion in my yard........... I was watering a tree and the water ran down a hold and the scorpion came out I killed it because it was headed to my dog........ can anyone tell me something about it........ the one I have seen around here is dark brown or black [/quote
I'm so glad I found this forum. The same thing happened to my husband. Since it was so nice yesterday he worked on our acreage all day. He was watering a tree and out from a hole at the base crawled a huge GREEN SCORPIAN ! He freaked , came in and asked me if I'd ever seen one, I was raised around here and I've seen a few but never a GREEN one.
Who ever posted the link to the pic and article thank you. I'll show my husband so he'll know he wasn't hallucinating.

Old 08-24-2009, 12:31 PM

1 posts, read 1,657 times
Default Green scorpion

I moved my outdoor trash can this morning and there was a very large (2-3 inch) scorpion and all of its limbs including its tail are bright green. I therefore searched on the internet and only found this site for AZ scorpions with a bunch of numb-skulls commenting, or mocking, another poor users acct about how it could not be. Well, I have one dead in my yard right now. Wishing I had a camera.....

Old 08-24-2009, 01:46 PM

45 posts, read 198,833 times
I have only been in AZ for a few months now and have seen my first scorpion. I was cleaning out some of the moving boxes in the garage and there was a Bark Scorpion under one of the boxes. Freaked me out a little, but no bite no foul. A lot smaller than I expected though. At least the kids didn't see it. I showed the wife so she would know what they look like. We had the bug guy at our house last week to spray. Guess I will call him back now...

Old 08-24-2009, 02:43 PM

4,861 posts, read 9,323,189 times
My daughter found a scorpion in our garage last night. She said it was reddish-orange and about three inches long. I was the only one in the family who didn't see it, because I just couldn't look. Our son killed it with a sledge hammer and its tail came off. UGHHH!!!! If we weren't leaving this Friday to move back to Michigan, I would be in tears right now, and yes, I do know that I am a wuss and I don't care!!! Now I am afraid to go out in the garage to finish packing up our stuff.

Old 08-24-2009, 03:00 PM

426 posts, read 1,307,905 times
We've been living in our new house for two weeks now, closed on it in late July.

We had our first scorpion in the house last week. I saw it as it was crawling on the floor just under our bed (bedroom is upstairs). Our house was vacant for at least six months between going through the foreclosure process and repairs by the former owner/investor.

I've since bought two of those LED U/V flashlights from Walgreen's. I've walked the immediate exterior of the house every night for the past five days, and one night ventured out further into the backyard. So far I've found two scorpions in our backyard and plan on checking every night for the next several days before moving my checks to a weekly basis.

We knew living near the desert up near I-17 and Carefree that we'd have scorpions out here, just didn't think we'd find them this quickly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area