Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 07:57 PM

8,042 posts, read 12,263,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
The thing about 80-85 in November here, it feels fantastic. I can't wait!
That's my favorite time of year here in Phoenix. The time period roughly from Halloween through Thanksgiving usually has about the most pleasant temperatures you can ask for. Sometimes it does reach the low 90s during this time, but not very often. I also like a little rain mixed in ... which usually occurs sporadically during this season.

The first signs of "winter" are often felt here in December. That's when we can usually expect more rain, and colder temperatures. January is the coldest month on average ... but low temperatures are rarely below freezing (except in the outlying areas). January, February, and March are often the wettest months of the year, but there is still plenty of sunny weather.

The dry season is April, May, and June. During that time of year, it's very common to get little or no rain, and humidity values are often in the single digits during the afternoons. Other than the fall season, spring is also a nice time of year as far as temperatures are concerned ... but it is a little dry for my tastes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2007, 12:33 PM

11 posts, read 33,278 times
NezzaBlue...

On the monsoons....you are correct, our monsoon season is actually, currently, non-existent...an element of the past.

When I first moved to Arizona, I lived in Tucson...that was in the early '70's. "Back then", we had real monsoons....the winds would come, the clouds would open and the water would pour down - cutting visibility and leaving the city streets rolling rivers...This would also be the time our washes would fill and class 9 rapids (OK, I am not a river runner....not sure if this is correct terminology...but, you know what I am getting at...) would be rolling under the bridges.....(the streets are designed to carry the water - i.e. no "gutters"...that's what they are called - right?) Anyway, I remember, just about every year these guys would go water skiing down Swan...at least I think it was Swan (in Tucson)...a 4WD truck would pull the skier down the street...And then, there was the flooding that came with the monsoons.....oh yeah, the "good old days".....

But, you are right, the monsoons are no longer....

...it's called Global Warming...

...I believe they (meteorologist) are going to stop using the term "monsoons" for "our" seasonal rains and start calling them....hmmm...can't remember what they are going to call them...guess we'll find out next summer :~)....
Take-care!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area