Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 05:45 PM
YAZ

7,708 posts, read 14,088,996 times

Advertisements

I'd say that white vehicles are the most popular.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2011, 10:33 PM

419 posts, read 907,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
I'd say that white vehicles are the most popular.

Is there any truth to the idea that light colored cars are cooler inside?

I agre, I've noticed more white cars in Phoenix than anywhere I travel, but still wonder if its fact or myth, that it helps?

Old 09-26-2011, 11:25 PM

768 posts, read 1,759,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eepstein View Post
Hi,

I currently live in Texas, but may have a job offer in Mesa. Wanted to get an idea of what vehicles are currently the most popular in that area and which vehicles also may be the most stolen! Thanks so much.
Gas is cheaper in Texas due to the gas/oil industries. Depending on where you live in Texas - trucks are much more prevalent than cars. Depending on your commute - how about the most fuel efficient? Or perhaps one that is most environmentally friendly as Phoenix has some of the WORST air quality in the US - thanks to dust and carbon emissions.

Side note - car insurance is more expensive in AZ than Texas due to the high number of uninsured drivers and car thefts. You might be shocked at the scare 'em/dare 'em drivers in AZ...many non-English reading drivers, elderly drivers, and non-locals that aren't used to the kill or be killed highway driving mentality.

Old 09-27-2011, 07:09 AM

475 posts, read 814,957 times
Buy American

Get a Camry

Camry 'Most American Car' according to Cars.com Study -- CHICAGO, June 27, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --

or an Accord Stay away from that foreign made GM stuff.

Old 09-27-2011, 07:26 AM

1,445 posts, read 3,268,510 times
So would you say that there aren't many large vehicles in the Phoenix area? I know that Texas leads the nation for gas guzzling pickups and SUV's but wondering how the Phoenix area compares....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stokes172 View Post
Buy American

Get a Camry

Camry 'Most American Car' according to Cars.com Study -- CHICAGO, June 27, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --

or an Accord Stay away from that foreign made GM stuff.

Old 09-27-2011, 07:43 AM

159 posts, read 397,331 times
There are still quite a few large vehicles, but large and mid size SUVs seem to be sharply dropping off in popularity, replaced by smaller wagons and mini vans. Still plenty of pickups on the road. White is still popular, but I don't think it tends to make the interior a lot cooler. It is easier to keep a white vehicle clean. I have a white truck I "dust" occasionally and have only washed a few times over the years (it is used infrequently). It does not seem to stay cooler than than my dark Grey car. I would definitely stay with lighter colors for the seats. Shows dirt easier but much cooler to the touch. Leather wears well but can get searing hot!

Quote:
So would you say that there aren't many large vehicles in the Phoenix area? I know that Texas leads the nation for gas guzzling pickups and SUV's but wondering how the Phoenix area compares....

Old 09-27-2011, 07:55 AM

475 posts, read 814,957 times
Quote:
From what I have seen there are plenty of SUVs..but what is really strange is the number of Prius on the road..gas is so cheap compared to elsewhere and driving them on the freeways negates any fuel saving advantage.

Old 09-27-2011, 11:59 AM

1,248 posts, read 3,509,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucerby View Post
Is there any truth to the idea that light colored cars are cooler inside?
My car is silver with tinted windows and when its 110 outside in the summer, the interior is still hotter than h*ll. I don't think it makes much difference.

Old 09-28-2011, 08:05 AM

278 posts, read 546,646 times
I see soooo many SUVs in Phx everytime i go lol its funny because i see less of them in Nyc and we get so much snow.
I did leave a 2011 Chev Camaro in maryvale over night for 7 days lol i was scared every night but nothing happened.

Old 09-28-2011, 09:59 AM

1,445 posts, read 3,268,510 times
Yes and with all that snow and cold weather during a Phoenix winter, you really need an SUV to get around!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYorkFeinix View Post
I see soooo many SUVs in Phx everytime i go lol its funny because i see less of them in Nyc and we get so much snow.
I did leave a 2011 Chev Camaro in maryvale over night for 7 days lol i was scared every night but nothing happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area